Skate America 2023 - Rhythm Dance- “All My Edges Live in Texas”

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Did he get caught on her outfit when he was going behind her during her Besti squat spread eagle? That sound so raunchy, but he looked down and I can't imagine that was choreography.

Matryeshka

Euler? Euler? Anyone?
I like the Taschler sibs, but she is giving off Wish version of Shae-Lynn Bourne so hard in this. And what is this music? Also, why does everyone pick 80s American/British music? And why do they sometimes pick bad 80s American/British music?

VGThuy

I enjoyed that but I wish I had a stronger finish… maybe it needed an actual build to something.

thvu

Usova's Apprentice
The Tashlers are giving it and I love it. The choreo step actually worked. They definitely were holding back in the middle during the pattern step, but otherwise I really enjoyed that. I can't wait to see how much better this gets as the season goes on.

skatingguy

decently
Taschlerova, Natalie/Taschler, Filip, Czechia
Coach: M. Zanni, B. Reznickova, D. Loboda
Music: The Knowledge, Juicy Fruit, Serious Slammin

Choreo Rhythm Seq
SqTwW4+SqTwM4
Pattern Step 1
Curve Lift 4

MiStW2+MiStM3

This was another miss for me. Great skating quality but the program went nowhere, and the music was flat throughout. Very similar music editing to the first Czech team, and it just doesn't give them the chance to perform.

75.21 = 1st Place

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Taschlers - Not my usual cup of tea but they win me over with their speed and edges.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I didn't love it. :confused: they have the same qualities as their sibling teammates but it didn't work for me.

skateycat

One of Nature's Non-Spinners
I really hate this 80s theme. I hope they switch to polka or waltz or something next year. As someone who actually remembers the 80s, I guess that makes me enough of an old fart to want to see more traditional ballroom styles.

I was thinking “oh boy this is going to be awesome!” When S/D started, but the first half of their music didn’t seem very effective.
I thought I was going to like it since I was a teenager in the 1980s. I am in no teknik, so I am surprised that I keep thinking that choosing an era instead of a rhythm makes it harder to develop coherent ice dance programs. Like they must have had to work extra hard not to fall into making exhibition programs. Or something. I'm not sure. But this experiment with pandering to my demographic, I'm ready to say that it doesn't work so well.

Sally1214

I'm loving this 80s theme RD event. But, then I knew I would. I'm not what you'd call "stuck inthe 80s" but I sure do love hearing all those songs again. T/T were very good.

peibeck

Simply looking
I like the Taschlers, but I'm not over the moon for them like a lot here. This program doesn't push me over the edge into an uber. Lots of standing around flapping arms isn't 80s voguing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information