Play 4CCs / Chris Howarth Bingo with us!

MacMadame

Doing all the things
We've been playing Chris Howarth bingo in the PBP threads. It's fun!

Based on last night's results, I've made some adjustments to make getting BINGO easier (fewer choices with more distinct phrases so it's easier to notice them and the common choices are more likely to show up on your card.)

How does it work?

Get your personal card at https://mfbc.us/m/f75d8dr
Join us in a live PBP thread
Listen for Chris-isms
Find them on your card and mark them off
Post in the thread which Chris-ism you heard so others can mark it off too (optional)
When you get 5 across or down or diagonal, post BINGO! in the thread

What do you get for getting BINGO first? Satisfact and kudos. :lol:

Want to get your non-FSU friends involved? Feel free to share the link. Also, if you want to play outside a PBP thread, use this Twitter thread:

(Please share the Xitter thread so more people can see it. Thanks.)

Questions?

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Does Chris Howarth know that FSU is doing this? Has he mentioned it yet? We should have our ears open during the next telecast/stream. It’s a compliment, not an insult.

LeafOnTheWind

No. I think I removed it for that reason. Let me check. No, it's still in there. We could make it another free spot as redoing the cards now will change the URL again. :)
What should I be looking for as a replacement? Any of the other phrases?

Jay42

Between the click of the light
Will you be doing it again tomorrow? I didn't play today because I could only catch part of the RD and I won't be watching all the Women's FS but I will be able to at least watch all of the Pairs tomorrow.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
I hope that Chris is on the Peacock streams for Worlds, rather than A&A.

We’ll probably get Ted & the happy Scottish guy (Mark) for Jr Worlds. I’m fine with that.

miffy

Bad Brit
Staff member
I hope that Chris is on the Peacock streams for Worlds, rather than A&A.

We’ll probably get Ted & the happy Scottish guy (Mark) for Jr Worlds. I’m fine with that.
Mark could very likely still be competing in Dancing on Ice when Junior Worlds is on, I’d be surprised if he arranged to do commentary.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
I'm watching the ladies short and heard him say an expression I'm not familiar with, "she made heavy weather" of the 2a. He paints a picture, that's for sure.

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
Who's Louise?
Louise Walden - she and Chris are both commentators and they have a joint X account. She is a former skater, lives in England (I believe), and is doing commentary on Eurosport, I think.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
The very last event is coming up in about 6.5 hours and I'd like to propose a change to go out with a bang!

Previously, I tried to limit the number of phrases that can be in the 25 boxes to make BINGO easier. The emphasis was on very common ones plus ones he was saying at this comp vs. ones he's said in the past. But that backfired last night when he said a bunch for the first time in this comp and they weren't on the list! :drama:

So I propose to use the entire list (minus the ones that only apply to Pairs/Singles/RD since it's the FD) and to encourage people to have multiple cards so that they can tick things off more often.

Here is my current list. Please let me know if (a) I am missing something and (b) if there is something on there that he doesn't say ever -- I got a lot of these from people proposing them online but haven't heard him say them. I consider @miffy the expert so she's the tiebreaker. :lol:

all to play for in the freeShort only?
almost going round againSingles only?
another rung up the ladder
back on track
battle royal
big guns
brave/courageSplit into multiple entries?
breed pair skaters toughPairs only
brilliant
by far and away the best
cat amongst the pigeons
character
clean as a whistle
corker
could have cleaned [something] while up therePairs only
cracker
cuddly toys
deep knee bend
didn't get over the right footSingles only
didn’t let anything go
didn't put a foot wrong
digging deep
doesn't get much better than this
dream start/perfect start/lovely start/what a startSplit?
dropped like a stone
get it this time
get the cobwebs out of the way
got it all wrong
hearts on their sleeve
hey ho
hold on to your hats/hats offSplit?
humdinger
HUUUUGE!
just about held onto itSingles only?
just what the doctor ordered
kitchen sink
long/huge windup
made that look like a walk in the park
magnificent
makes the hairs on the back of your neck stand up
mustard metaphorEuros only?
nailed it
never seen them skate better
nitty gritty
nothing in it
nothing left at the end there
off to the races
on the money
out of nowhere
out of the top drawer
overcooked
packed to the gunnelsNot enough audience?
packing in the content
pristine clean
put the pressure on
real quality
red hot/hot it upSplit?
right from the off
rock solid
running on empty
sensational
shooting into the lead/top
skated their socks off
someone else's boots on
stop the competition
super
take it on the chin
that was a dream
that will do nicely
that’s more like it
throwing down the gauntlet
ticking all the boxes
toe into somebody else’s holeSingles only?
took the wind out of their sails
tough to take
watch them sell it

jlai

Question everything
Now I'm confused. There is only one event left. How many cards will there be? (I didn't get a chance to play until now)

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Now I'm confused. There is only one event left. How many cards will there be? (I didn't get a chance to play until now)
The system generates 30 unique cards each time I input a new list. (I'll input a new list for the FD.)

You can only get one in each browser so most of us just had one. But you could have 30 if you wanted. I wouldn't want to try to keep track of that many but 2 or 3 would be fine. People who play BINGO seriously do that all the time. I've seen little old ladies with a set of 10! They aren't watching figure skating at the same time though. ;)

To get more than 1 card you can use an Incognito window for the 2nd card and another browser for more. Or you can download the entire list of 30 that I can put in the cloud somewhere. (I didn't put the entire set in the cloud for the other events but everyone only had one card so it didn't matter.)

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information