Practice Reports, articles & social media, etc...

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Update from Lia - she does have her skates. Her luggage didn't make it onto the flight from Vancouver to Shanghai but Air Canada put it on the next flight so she should get it tomorrow and be fine for the SP.

Karen-W

The Canadian men are in da rink for their first practice!

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Not sure where to put this but if you want to play Chris Howarth Bingo at 4CCs, here is a link that will generate your own card:

Everyone gets their own card (though there may be dups) so it's a race to see who gets BINGO first!

I ended up taking out all the non-Chris stuff. Some of it I wasn't sure would happen which would mean people with those on the card would never get a hit. I did keep "heart hands" but as the FREE spot since we know it will happen within about 10 minutes of the broadcast. :lol:

ETA should I post the link on Xitter so Skating Xitter can play too?

Karen-W

Not sure where to put this but if you want to play Chris Howarth Bingo at 4CCs, here is a link that will generate your own card:

Everyone gets their own card (though there may be dups) so it's a race to see who gets BINGO first!

Sure! I'd bet Howarth will be tickled and amused that he is that much of a legend in the fandom that he warrants this game, lol. It's a step up from the usual commentator drinking games across sports, lol.

barbk

I ended up taking out all the non-Chris stuff. Some of it I wasn't sure would happen which would mean people with those on the card would never get a hit. I did keep "heart hands" but as the FREE spot since we know it will happen within about 10 minutes of the broadcast. :lol:

"Put your toe into somebody else's hole" -- do I want to know what this means?

miffy

Bad Brit
Staff member
@MacMadame thank you for the bingo cards! One more reason to wake up at 2am :lol:

Please can I just check - do we keep our card through all the disciplines until someone wins?

Karen-W

Lol no one has yet to explain me what the bingo is and where you got the cards… And what the prizes are? Like a FaceTime from Frangi?
Here is your answer, sweets.

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
A bit of trivia - The first 4CC was in 1999 in Halifax, Nova Scotia. At that time, 25 years ago, PJ Kwong was the English arena announcer. She is also the English announcer at the event this year in Shanghai.

By the way, the winner in what was then the "Ladies" event, I believe, was none other than Tatiana Malinina.

PJ's view of the Parade of Flags at the Shanghai Opening Ceremony where Dan Zhang apparently skated https://twitter.com/skatingpj/status/1752959050348650807

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information