Chinese skating news & social media updates pt. 5, 2023 onwards

Gris

不做奴才做公民

Andrea82

Don't know where to ask - what is this competition? Does it count for anything?
It is one of the competitions which falls under "other international competition" category.
It counts for minimum TES and depending on the number of entries/countries, also for World Standings (in this case, it counts for Junior ID and Senior Women but not for Senior ID).

On My Own

It counts for minimum TES and depending on the number of entries/countries, also for World Standings (in this case, it counts for Junior ID and Senior Women but not for Senior ID).
OK thank you. WS only for those two disciplines?

(ETA: https://skatingscores.com/2324/cupnic/ they differ from you - which I'm only pointing out to show that they've added this feature, since I don't necessarily trust it and it's likely they just automated it)

Andrea82

OK thank you. WS only for those two disciplines?

(ETA: https://skatingscores.com/2324/cupnic/ they differ from you - which I'm only pointing out to show that they've added this feature, since I don't necessarily trust it and it's likely they just automated it)
I was referring only to disciplines with Chinese entries.

The requirements for WS points are
Singles: at least 8 entries from at least 4 countries
Pairs: at least 5 entries from at least 3 countries
Ice Dance: at least 6 entries from at least 4 countries

The counting is done after the the end of the SP/RD. It is the number who finished the first segment.

In Nice, Senior Men and Women meets the criteria. Senior Pairs no because there are 4 entries. Senior ID no because there are only 5 entries
All Junior events counted for WS.

Last edited:

kwanfan1818

RIP D-10
The counting is done after the the end of the SP/RD. It is the number who finished the first segment.
This is good to know: I thought it included skaters and teams who are listed as WD. (After some milestone before the competition -- draw? team leaders meeting? -- through withdrawing part-way through a program.)

Sylvia

TBD
Don't know where to ask - what is this competition? Does it count for anything?
I was referring only to disciplines with Chinese entries.

The requirements for WS points are
Singles: at least 8 entries from at least 4 countries
Pairs: at least 5 entries from at least 3 countries
Ice Dance: at least 6 entries from at least 4 countries

In Nice, Senior Men and Women meets the criteria. Senior Pairs no because there are 4 entries. Senior ID no because there are only 5 entries
All Junior events counted for WS.
Thank you. I've bumped up the ISU World Standings Updated thread and linked to the April 2023 ISU Communication on this topic: https://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/threads/isu-world-standings-updated.110154/#post-6483904

Andrea82

This is good to know: I thought it included skaters and teams who are listed as WD. (After some milestone before the competition -- draw? team leaders meeting? -- through withdrawing part-way through a program.)
They added the "At least the following minimum number of competitors must finish the first segment of the respective competition" line this year when they updated the World Standings document to include distribution of points for Junior B events.
In the past it wasn't specified and at least for minimum TES it surely was the number of entries/countries at the time of starting order draw.

raruki

Salute to my gurl NINI, not in the best form and went through puberty at such a crucial time which caused her to lose some of her jumps like 3F and 3Lz but still nailed the rest of her jumps in SP:cheer2:

Sylvia

TBD
Article in English (Nov. 2) before Cup of China (eta) and before Boyang Jin's results at GP France were known:

Excerpt re. Cheng PENG/Lei WANG:
Peng won fifth place in pair skating at the Beijing Olympics with former partner Jin Yang. Since striking up a new partnership with Wang in March, the duo has made steady progress.
In their debut at the international event, Peng and Wang came from behind to triumph at the ISU 2023 Shanghai Trophy on October 4.
"From their current form and overall difficulty, they have achieved their initial goals. However, pair skating requires cooperation. I think they still need more time to enhance mutual understanding and cultivate a stronger chemistry," Yao said.
Wang, 35, told the Global Times that the most important thing is to remain true to his original aspiration and that he wants to go further with his new partner. "We're getting better on the ice. Peng is an excellent skater. We have good communication, and we can remain calm and summarize what we didn't do well during daily training," Wang said.
Peng is grateful for her partner's support and trust.
"We've overcome a lot of difficulties in the past months. Staying composed against the odds is crucial to our partnership," Peng noted.
"He takes the initiative to inquire about my emotional shifts and unravel the complexities within my heart. We can shoulder the challenges together," said Peng.

Last edited:

happycrying

ISU has updated the bio of NINI.
Nini will perform her new SP, Voila choreographed by Benoit Richaud, in CoC。
Unsure if this was posted before but I’m excited for her new SP!!

On My Own

Good to see the judges finally stop pretending like Jin's worse than in 2015 :rolleyes:

eta: Good job from Team China! Many of their skaters made top 6 here!

Last edited:

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Congrats to Peng/Wang for what I hope is the first of many international medals!!

And, wow, Wenjing is a great choreographer. Hope to see her choreographing for some major names, even if galas first.
I can’t agree more. P/W remind me of old-time Pairs, as in pre-2022. I am glad that they medaled but they actually won the earlier Shanghai Trophy with fewer faults.
LOVE their Sorcerer’s Apprentice free program! She is such a slinky lizard in it!

On My Own

Peng / Wang 0.03 away from the podium, ugh. Had hoped to see them at home GPF. :(
It's a huge start for them as a team, though. I think they will work hard for that 4CC medal this season.

I wish France hadn't canceled the GPF this season for whichever reason it did. Next season would have been a perfect one to see Peng/Wang and maybe an improved Jin with a fuller set of quads at a Beijing GPF.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information