Royalty Thread #16: the best of times, the worst of times

canbelto

ballettmaus

Gowns and tiaras from the Danish royals state visit to Sweden.
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...n-mary-king-frederick-sweden-gala-dinner.html

Between Sofia's evening gown, Mary's hat and Estelle's dress there were some interesting fashion choices... I love the color of Sylvia's gown and Mary's tiara choice. I like the ones that are a bit unusual.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
I read an article that King Charles's stripped down plan is not working due to the 2 cancers & William being stretched thin. Realistically he only has Edward & Sophie to do appearances. It claims he is considering using Beatrice & maybe Eugenia when she is in England. I think this is a good idea as they are both popular with the people. The writer also goes on to predict he will also bring H&M in but I think that's a very long shot. Also if it does happen H&M has the option to say no.

Stay tuned for the next exciting development! I hope that is that both Charles's & Kate's cancer goes into remission.

Jenny

From the Bloc
There's also Anne (long the most active royal) and Camilla seems to be doing a lot too. As for William being stretched, well he needs to get used to that :)

Vagabond

As for William being stretched, well he needs to get used to that :)
Easier said than done, given that his wife is in poor health and they have three children under the age of eleven.

In an earlier generation, a prince or princess in William's situation might have handed off most of the family responsibilities to others, but I don't think that he would want to do that or that the British public would want him to do so either.

Jenny

From the Bloc
I know that, but the point is he's going to be king one day, so will become the most in-demand member of the family not just for public appearances, but for everything else too.

skategal

Bunny mama
Easier said than done, given that his wife is in poor health and they have three children under the age of eleven.

In an earlier generation, a prince or princess in William's situation might have handed off most of the family responsibilities to others, but I don't think that he would want to do that or that the British public would want him to do so either.
Yes.

I’m not sure how he’s even putting one foot in front of the other at this point between his father and wife’s cancer diagnosis.

The stress must be overwhelming.

Once Charles and Kate have recovered he is likely to hit a brick wall mentally if he doesn’t before then.

canbelto

It's a lot for sure, but in real life people have to work 12 hour jobs with wives and fathers needing care because of cancer, and they do so without the army of help that royals have.

I imagine the situation is much harder for Charles and Kate, because there's no amount of servants and nannies and personal assistants that can take away how difficult as big C diagnosis is.

Jenny

From the Bloc
It does look like William is taking time off from public engagements. According to the official diary, Anne's schedule is packed and both the Edinburghs and the Gloucesters are very active as well. No others listed for the foreseeable future.

skategal

Bunny mama
It's a lot for sure, but in real life people have to work 12 hour jobs with wives and fathers needing care because of cancer, and they do so without the army of help that royals have.

I imagine the situation is much harder for Charles and Kate, because there's no amount of servants and nannies and personal assistants that can take away how difficult as big C diagnosis is.
No one can help with the mental strain of thinking that you may lose your dad, your wife or both and the repercussions of that.

Dad = stepping up to be King, wife = leaving 3 young kids motherless,
Both = too terrible to think about.

I’m not typically a William fan but I don’t envy him at all right now and he has my deepest empathy.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Call me crazy, but I rather like the portrait. On first glance I didn't care for it but after studying it for a few minutes, I've decided it's interesting and I like it.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
All I can see is his head. The rest all blends together.
It seems to be the artists style. I think it's an interesting style but I really dislike the red and blue variations he does. Those colours evoke too much emotion, especially the red. To me it looks like a case of an artist too caught up in his style he missed the big picture. I am assuming he went for red to blend the colour of the uniform into the background but christ, did he really look at the final piece and say "yeah, this works" :confused:

eta... might just be one of those things you need to see in person to appreciate 🤷‍♀️

Parsley Sage

I like the new portrait. It's more focussed on the man and not the trappings of Royalty.

William is still doing engagements. He was in Cornwall last Thursday and Friday and with Charles at Middle Wallop (love that name) on Monday. He's probably working around Kate's chemo treatments.

I was a bit older than Charlotte when my mom passed away. The last thing William would want is for his children to lose their mom when they are so young.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
I like the portrait. The facial representation is a lot more accurate than in a lot of official portraits, and the contrast between the face and the indefinite reds in the rest of the image really makes the face stand out.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information