Euros 2024 Rhythm Dance: "We Want More spots for Spain & Georgia"

dupa

Home Sweet Home
ok, I watched the replay and I have a question. There is so much 80's music out there but the choices seemed a bit redundant or repetitive. Is it a copyright issue? There is so much 80's music out there that could have been used. Help me out here.

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
ok, I watched the replay and I have a question. There is so much 80's music out there but the choices seemed a bit redundant or repetitive. Is it a copyright issue? There is so much 80's music out there that could have been used. Help me out here.
Isn't that really typical for skating? I mean how much music people have to choose from and we get Muse again...

skatingguy

decently
Skating has never been known for it's originality in music choices, and that's reflected in the rhythm dance selections. I also think that a lot of music that we might like doesn't work for skating, or at least doesn't work for a lot of skaters. Finding that right balance between something a skater(s) can work with, and something that fits the theme narrows things considerably.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
The vast majority of music released in the 80s was released through record companies and is covered under many existing mechanisms to collect royalties. It's just figure skating being figure skating as explained above.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications šŸ˜
Just catching up on everything now as I was in Utah. The Spain Federation wanted their second placed team here because why?ā€¦ oh dearrrrrrrr

LilJen

Reaching out with my hand sensitively
Once again ice dance fandom is a place to practice 12 step program principles: accept the things you cannot change. Wisdom to know what you can't change. What would dance be if there weren't something annoying, along with the perfs you're happy with? Maybe a future RD theme can be "Cirque de Soleil" with key points focused on writhing on the boards. Lean in. Embrace. Go for it.
I don't know. I kind of want these teams to do a fearless inventory of how bad their programs/costumes/music choices are. And make amends!! (clearly I have not admitted to being powerless over these teams' bad choices in these areas. ;))

dupa

Home Sweet Home
The vast majority of music released in the 80s was released through record companies and is covered under many existing mechanisms to collect royalties. It's just figure skating being figure skating as explained above.
Thank you, I understand. But even Pasha and "earing boy" skated to Sade back in the day.;):lol:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information