Happy Leap Day!

Winnipeg

I would guess if you were born on February 29th, you would celebrate your birthday on March 1st because if you had not been born in a LY, you would have been born on March 1st instead of February 29th.

eusebius

Here is one of the many useless facts in my brain. The composer Rossini (skating relevance: Barber of Seville and William Tell) was born on Feb. 29, 1792. So despite the fact that he's been dead for over 150 years, he has not yet had 60 birthdays!

ballettmaus

My cousin's birthday is February 29th. Years ago, he went to the US with his band and the immigration officer looked at the computer, looked at him and then asked why the computer said he's four years old. ... That always reminds me about that scene in Seattle where Jessica says to Jonah "If it's in the computer they believe everything".

He always celebrated (and likely still celebrates) on March 1st (I don't know how it is now but when we were kids, celebrating early really wasn't done in Berlin/Germany) which also happens to be the birthday of his sibling.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
A couple was on the news that had quadruplets on the 29th!! Very rare. I think it was Canada or the USA.
That reminds me. One of our swim coaches had a baby on the 29th and got interviewed on TV! Unfortunately the next day they found out their son has leukemia. :(

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information