I HAVE A QUESTION TO ALL OUR SKATERS.

FSWer

Say, I saw the thread about the Disney on Ice skater, and this question came to me...Do Skaters learn not to shake when they are skating? Or is it natural for skaters to shake while skating? Does anyone know? Thanks.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
Say, I saw the thread about the Disney on Ice skater, and this question came to me...Do Skaters learn not to shake when they are skating? Or is it natural for skaters to shake while skating? Does anyone know? Thanks.

Do you mean shaking from being nervous? Once they start their programs, most skaters are concentrating so hard on their performance that they don't shake. They might be nervous and shaking a bit while waiting for their music to start, but it's usually not a problem once they start skating.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
That and shaking from getting your barrings too?

No. When you go out on the ice to start your program, you know where on the ice you're going to stand, and which direction you're going to face. And you know what pose you're going to take to start the program. You've practiced all of that so often that it wouldn't make you nervous enough to shake.

livetoskate

I've been slightly nervous before competitions but never actually to the point of shaking. You gotta stay balanced in order to skate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information