Maxim Naumov Cheer Thread

Sylvia

TBD
^^^ Max grew up in the Simsbury, CT rink so nice homecoming for him. :) His program linked above is “Ants Marching” by Dave Matthews Band. (I posted fan cam videos of 2 other skaters in the Club Shows & Benefits thread in GSD.)

Cross-posting from the U.S. Men's news thread...

Jumping higher, spinning faster: Max [Naumov]’s figure skating story (April 29, 2024) by Joanne Barker:
Excerpts:
But when he was 15, he came home from a training camp with severe ankle pain. After visiting a number of doctors, Max and his parents made an appointment with Dr. Ellen Geminiani (Dr. Gem) of the Sports Medicine Division. As a physician for U.S. Figure Skating, she understood the nuances of skating injuries, such as those caused by landing on the same ankle thousands of times. And as a former competitive figure skater, she respected Max’s ambitions.
Together, she, Max, and his coaches found ways to balance his athletic goals with his health and well-being. “Coaches and doctors don’t always have the best relationships,” says Max. One typically focuses on the next competition while the other insists on rest. Unlike some of his figure skating friends, this wasn’t the case for Max. “Dr. Gem understands the sport and what goes into it,” he says. “It’s a lot easier to come up with a plan with someone who’s willing to work with you.”
Like any professional skater, Max approaches his time on the ice with focus and determination. “This is my occupation,” he says. As each season winds down, he and his choreographer get to work developing new programs for the coming year. “Those are some of the coolest moments I have on the ice, just being able to express yourself through the programs and music.”

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information