NBC TODAY Show this morn (1/30/34): USA Team to be presented Gold medals

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Just saw this as I’m watching the TODAY Show at 7am EST. USA team here. Will receive gold medals at the nearby Rock Center plaza…this hour? Just keep the TV on.

Frau Muller

Skaters just walked into the plaza! Knierim Frazier first…a lone guy in middle (Nathan?)…Chock/Bates last! Good thing that they didn’t go to Four Cs!!!
Am guessing they’ll get medals at end of this hour unless NBC milks the exposure and gives medals during the 8AM hour.

It’s on!

Lanie

the uberdom chooses YOU
Why the hell would they be given medals on a US television show? :rofl: They probably won't get their medals until 2026 judging by Russia's appealing and Canada's as well as they deserve bronze.

Those medals are all somewhere in Lausanne probably.

Firedancer

Why the hell would they be given medals on a US television show? :rofl: They probably won't get their medals until 2026 judging by Russia's appealing and Canada's as well as they deserve bronze.

Those medals are all somewhere in Lausanne probably.

Agreed. And I can’t imagine they would do it with only half the team there

Frau Muller

Agreed. And I can’t imagine they would do it with only half the team there
Karen Chen and Vincent & Hubbell/Donohue may be interviewed online or ??? Just an interv here. The ones here just waved from the studio.

At 8:12am. No - at 8:14am.

Last edited:

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Karen Chen and Vincent & others? may be interviewed online or ??? Just an interv here. The ones here just waved from the studio.
Vincent has liked a few of the social media posts from the USFS and Team USA in the past 2 days but hasn't said anything publicly. Karen has been completely absent on social media since last week when Jeffrey & Yahli won Jr ice dance silver at Nats. My guess is they are both busy with school, otherwise I can't see any reason why they wouldn't be there in person.

Frau Muller

Another wave from the studio…whee!!!

So Karen & coach Tammy may show up elesewhere? 😉 Vincent too? Let’s enjoy the group here.

Lesson: Don’t mess with Tammy Gambill!

Desperado

Nice to see Nathan.

Chock and Bates are not at Four Continents? Guess they have to be more careful what they say here, they’re the only ones still competing.

Will there be a question about the Bronze? Probably not.

Karen-W

That was a nice interview, though the hosts' grasp of facts was a little shaky. :lol:
Right?

They were all very classy. One thing to note was Alexa seemed to firmly shut the door on competing in Milano.

Frau Muller

Also on during The Third Hour.
Anything interesting in the Third Hour? I was in a meeting. The above link shows only the Second Hour’s main interview (about seven minutes long).

Last edited:

sk9tingfan

Anything interesting in the Third Hour? I was in a meeting. The above link shows only the Second Hour’s main interview (about seven minutes long).
Basically the same but unlike Savannah, Craig Melvin got Nathan's school right and didn't confuse him with Vincent. Can' remember if this was on the Third Hour, but they were asked who was returning or considering a return to the Olympics in 2026. Madi grabbed Alexa's hand and raised it but Alexa quickly grabbed it away and said, I think I;ll watch the rest of you. Brandon did not raise his hand but can't remember what Nathan did

Karen-W

They're all savvy adults and understand the value of having their medal ceremony AT the Olympics and just how marvelous Paris in the summer will be. And I'm sure they'd love to get together as a team but also to reunite with the outstanding Japanese skaters who have also been waiting two years for their equally historic team medal.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information