USA Today: NBC commentators Tara Lipinski, Johnny Weir participate in vulgar video spoof of U.S. Olympian

Brenda_Bottems

Banned Member
He's got a lot of other fish to fry and marshmallows to roast

Is this meant to be some sort of sordid euphemism,dear?

I heard about this today and to me both comments are inappropriate by both parties.

I agree,Lacey.

I'd love to see Ashley and Adam commentate.

Absolutely not. Mr. Rippon's flamboyant act is significantly more grating than Weir's.

His best platform is the cesspool of social media,where he can freely collaborate with the millennials and sinners.

-BB

Aerobicidal

Shut that door.
I believe it depends on whether the roast involves a spit, but I'm sure a seasoned woman like you is too classy to traffic in such vulgarisms.

I also strongly agree with the post @Lacey made earlier today.

Regarding having a preference between Johnny and Adam, I am agnostic. It would be like trying decide whether Jerry Maguire or Forrest Gump is a less deserving Best Picture winner. For commentary, I prefer the wild and wonderful Whites of figure skating any day.

aftershocks

Banned Member
Again, for those slow on the uptake, Adam ain't interested in a commentating career, per his own words. Marshmallows and fish don't exactly go together, so maybe I should have said hotdogs and marshmallows, to roast. :p ;)

Perhaps Adam will write more books, do some event hosting (post current health crisis), give speeches, etc. The world is his oyster, as the saying goes. Hmmm, but do oysters go with hotdogs and marshmallows... :COP:

Last edited:

Lacey

I agree,Lacey.

Absolutely not. Mr. Rippon's flamboyant act is significantly more grating than Weir's.

His best platform is the cesspool of social media,where he can freely collaborate with the millennials and sinners.

-BB

So sorry to bother you, but this person is not Lacey, I am. Apparently this person is Laceylou, NOT THE SAME PERSON.

barbarafan

I agree,Lacey.

-BB
ummmmm. no Ashley pls. Her voice is high and shrill and all the big eye rolling and hair puffing would make me cringe.
I think Adam would be ok but not sure.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
I don’t think Adam’s in a position where he feels he would need to/want to commentate seeing that he seems to be doing well with other opportunities and coaching duties, but his Instagram story rants from earlier today are 💯

Brenda_Bottems

Banned Member
I don’t think Adam’s in a position where he feels he would need to/want to commentate seeing that he seems to be doing well with other opportunities and coaching duties, but his Instagram story rants from earlier today are 💯

That monologue was rather banal and excruciating,with distracting inflection. After watching that,one couldn't be blamed for confusing Mr. Weir with John Wayne.

-BB

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information