Who's Going

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
Not attending myself, but the recent talk about Roman Sadovsky's travel woes led me to check Calgary's weather forecast for next week. Looks like winter will be in full force, and Friday's forecasted high is -25°C. Enjoy your trip. :D
I will be there, packing warm stuff. I will be pretty busy so not sure how much actual skating I will see but maybe the Friday/Saturday events as my schedule there eases up.

skatingguy

decently
Thinking about it. Not sure. I'm annoyed by the price structuring and all of the ticket master fees for each ticket that you have to buy.
Wow, ticket sales look really bleak. That's Ticket Master for ya - they control so much of the sales market now they can charge whatever fees they want.

fsfann

Wow, ticket sales look really bleak. That's Ticket Master for ya - they control so much of the sales market now they can charge whatever fees they want.
It's wild. So for 2 people to watch four sessions, there would be $120 in ticket master fees...

Before we could buy a pass for the whole event and the fee would have been $5. Just fundamentally bothers me!! lol.

pat c

It's wild. So for 2 people to watch four sessions, there would be $120 in ticket master fees...

Before we could buy a pass for the whole event and the fee would have been $5. Just fundamentally bothers me!! lol.
I agree, it's ridiculous. I don't know why they abandoned the all event pass. Adding up all the costs, transportation, tix, hotel, meals, parking or transit still isn't terrible, but just the aggravation.

shutterbug

Not attending myself, but the recent talk about Roman Sadovsky's travel woes led me to check Calgary's weather forecast for next week. Looks like winter will be in full force, and Friday's forecasted high is -25°C. Enjoy your trip. :D
I'm going. Not as enthusiastic as I normally am, though, not quite sure why. Maybe in a bit of skating overload after going to SCI and volunteering at Challenge. The high on Friday is now supposed to be -28. Yay. 😒
I agree, it's ridiculous. I don't know why they abandoned the all event pass. Adding up all the costs, transportation, tix, hotel, meals, parking or transit still isn't terrible, but just the aggravation.
Having to buy day tickets for the junior events, and then for each individual senior event is significantly more expensive (and annoying!) than all event passes. Not at all surprised so few tickets have been sold. If not for the very rare occurrence of having a few skaters from Manitoba participating, I would have taken a pass this year. And that says something, because Nats has always been my favourite event of the season.

4rkidz

I'm going. Not as enthusiastic as I normally am, though, not quite sure why. Maybe in a bit of skating overload after going to SCI and volunteering at Challenge. The high on Friday is now supposed to be -28. Yay. 😒

Having to buy day tickets for the junior events, and then for each individual senior event is significantly more expensive (and annoying!) than all event passes. Not at all surprised so few tickets have been sold. If not for the very rare occurrence of having a few skaters from Manitoba participating, I would have taken a pass this year. And that says something, because Nats has always been my favourite event of the season.
message me where you are so we can connect

cholla

Marquessa of Chartreuse
I'll be there and, as a mountaineer, I'm not bothered by the cold. The only thing is I'm bringing only a small hand luggage so I have to wear all my warmest clothes on the plane. Considering I'm not exactly thin and tiny, I'll probably look like the Michelin tyre man :lol: I just hope I'll be rid of the stomach bug that bothers me before wednesday...

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
I'll be there and, as a mountaineer, I'm not bothered by the cold. The only thing is I'm bringing only a small hand luggage so I have to wear all my warmest clothes on the plane. Considering I'm not exactly thin and tiny, I'll probably look like the Michelin tyre man :lol: I just hope I'll be rid of the stomach bug that bothers me before wednesday...
You are coming to Calgary? 🇨🇦

Last edited:

4rkidz

Really to Calgary? It would be great if you could do a day trip to Banff while you are here the Rockies! If my duties are done I was considering going on Sunday. Hope we can connect.

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
Really to Calgary? It would be great if you could do a day trip to Banff while you are here the Rockies! If my duties are done I was considering going on Sunday. Hope we can connect.
Rumour has it that @cholla is actually going to Europeans - at least that's where @Finnice is expecting to see her :giggle:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information