In Memoriam

Sylvia

TBD
The great character actor Dabney Coleman reportedly has died :( at the age of 92... this is the only "report" that I've found so far:

As well as this ("Alison Martino host of So Cal Scene and creator of Vintage Los Angeles appears to be a family friend of Dabney Coleman and posted this"): https://x.com/Holidill/status/1791408365865668781

ETA - confirmed now:

Last edited:

Cachoo

The great character actor Dabney Coleman reportedly has died :( at the age of 92... this is the only "report" that I've found so far:

As well as this ("Alison Martino host of So Cal Scene and creator of Vintage Los Angeles appears to be a family friend of Dabney Coleman and posted this"): https://x.com/Holidill/status/1791408365865668781

ETA - confirmed now:
I remember him most from "You've Got Mail"---Tom Hank's father who wasn't very good at marriage. RIP

ilovepaydays

Not to be mean to the dead, but do people realize his Super Size Me documentary was kind of fake? No one has been able to reproduce his results and it seems that his liver issues were from drinking too much.

I agree and was aware of the problems with Super Size Me, but it was insane how popular that documentary was. I know it was nominated for an Oscar but I don’t think it won.

Also, Spurlock did have a lot of personal problems - his alcoholism, relationships, and some pretty serious #MeToo allegations. In fact, when I first saw the “Morgan Spurlock, 1970-2024” headline, I thought “Oh, dear”, because I thought it was something more tragic than cancer.

kalamalka

She was a great great writer. I got to meet her very briefly ten years ago and oh boy she was a feisty lady. RIP
I never met her, but was a classmate of her daughter in elementary school, before her first book was published. I was SO jealous of Sheila, whose parents owned a bookstore (which was at that time new and almost across the street from the library). Had no idea her mom was a writer. Sheila later wrote a biography/memoir of her mother, Lives of Mothers and Daughters. Munro's books (Jim Munro died a few years ago and passed it on to a couple of long-time employees) is still an excellent bookstore in Victoria, although Alice moved back to Ontario approximately when her first marriage ended (but she was in Victoria when the Nobel prize was announced, I think with Sheila and her family).

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Richard Sherman -- one of the songwriters on "Mary Poppins" -- dead at 95:

RIP

Indeed. RIP. Coach Frau Muller loved his music! Let’s not forget his Chitty-chitty-bang-bang

My favorite, the FS by Sonja Morgenstern:

More recently, a free dance by Olivia & Nile:

Cachoo

I was always happy when he was tapped to broadcast the Maui Invitational when KU was invited. He might talk about the game or maybe surfing or The Grateful Dead or Zen and the Art of Motorcycle Maintenance or……you get the idea. He had a contagious, joyous spirit.

Amy L

This reminds me of Denis Ten. :(

His mother told TMZ that Johnny and a colleague saw three men trying to steal a catalytic converter from his vehicle, and although Johnny did not attempt to stop them, he was shot and subsequently rushed to a hospital, where he was pronounced dead early Saturday morning.

Cachoo

Collegiate and NBA star and media analyst Bill Walton has died after a long battle with cancer.

So good. Here is another Bill Walton story that illustrates why he was so loved (it was much more than basketball)

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Russian actress Anastasia Zavorotnyuk, known for her title role in the Russian version of the popular sitcom "The Nanny" (in which she played a Ukrainian woman and became immensely popular in Ukraine for it) and for being Peter Tchernyshev's wife, has passed away after a 5-year-long fight against glioblastoma.
She was 53.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information