2021 NFL Thread

Fiero425

That was an easy field goal and they got cocky.

This late game is looking to be exciting too. Really hoping the Super Bowl will be epic, right into Olympic dance. I have to work the next morning so I hope everyone else will be as unmotivated as I will be.

They never learn! No lead's safe and hubris breeds losses in the end so many times! Karma's always smacking these a-holes in the face, but you'd think after last weekend's games of upsets, if one play more is allowed, it can cost you! Idiots! KC fk'd up! :confused: :40beers: :blah:

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
Joe Burrow and Evan McPherson will never pay for anything in the city of Cincinnati for the rest of their lives (regardless of what happens in the Superbowl), LOL :lol:

Man, I am still trying to absorb what happened this afternoon. I was a VERY young teenager the last time my Bengals made it to the Superbowl so when Evan hit that FG in OT, I started bawling and couldn't stop because this championship means SOOO much to all of us here in Cincinnati. There's an energy and excitement here that we haven't felt in a really long time and it's SOOO fun to be living here (and stressful too....I've been coloring to calm my poor nerves during these games :lol: ). The players are so appreciative of the fans too (they've been giving out game balls to a bunch of the local establishments after every playoff win) so it's a mutual admiration society going on right now and that's making it even more special IMO. I said to myself before this game that I was already super proud of this team for all that they'd already given us in the playoffs; now I'm even prouder because it would have been so easy to give up after losing Uzomah (our TE that went down in the 1st quarter) and getting manhandled by KC in that first half, but they fought back so hard and now I'm like, way beyond cloud nine and just living in the moment. They're going to the Superbowl!! WHO DEY!! :cheer: :cheer2:

Fiero425

Watching Rams and 49rs now! SF in charge, but they can't help acting out by taunting the opposition, costing them a 15 yd. Un sportsman-like conduct penalty! Morons! Stafford leading his Rams down the field getting 1st down after 1st down! TD Rams (17-14) early 4th quarter! Looking for Stafford to win something after so many wasted years in Detroit! Something about McVie makes you want to root against him though! :40beers: :p:rolleyes:

Cachoo

Watching Rams and 49rs now! SF in charge, but they can't help acting out by taunting the opposition, costing them a 15 yd. Un sportsman-like conduct penalty! Morons! Stafford leading his Rams down the field getting 1st down after 1st down! TD Rams (17-14) early 4th quarter! Looking for Stafford to win something after so many wasted years in Detroit! Something about McVie makes you want to root against him though! :40beers: :p:rolleyes:
Come on Fiero tell us how you really feel! 😁 I don’t know how the game will end but I remember George Kittle having an “as God as my witness” moment at the end of the Chiefs/49ers superbowl swearing he would return. Kinda rooting for George to get there…

Last edited:

Fiero425

Come on Fiero tell us how you really feel! 😁 I don’t know how the game will end but I remember George Kittle having an “as God as my witness” moment at the end of the Chiefs/49ers Superbowl swearing he would return. Kinda rooting for George to get there…

SF doesn't want this game! Some idiot took a helmet shot at OBJ! WHY? He was on the ground already costing another 15 yds.! :confused:

easilydistracte

Geezette
Jeez--I almost can't believe it. I've been watching the Rams lose to the Niners ever since the Roman Gabriel vs John Brodie days and I halfway expected this game to be no different, especially since SF owned LA this season. Way to go Rams! After the Rams' last kickoff I kept saying, "Come on, now! Big ol' turnover. . ." So surprised that the Niners obliged! Happy for Stafford after all those years in Detroit. (WTH was Sean McVay's thought process during this game, though?!!)

Hope the Superbowl is as entertaining as this whole playoff series has been and that it'll be a close, hard-fought game. (No blow-out, please!) In a way, I'll be happy for whoever wins. Congratulations to the Bengals and the Rams!

Susan1

I actually got sucked into the whole 4th quarter and OT of the Bengals game (while wearing my 49ers sweatshirt). I was jumping up and down in my chair. Who Dey.

I couldn't watch the 49ers game. I kept checking in. I checked in the last time while they were doing the presentation to the Rams as the winners. Rats. At least my home team is in the Super Bowl. I don't think they are going to win though.

I just want to say - after both games last week and last night and this morning, the announcers and analysts spent more time talking about what the losing team did wrong then what the winning team did right. At least they gave Burrow credit this time.

Cachoo

meme -

Tom Brady, Patrick Mahomes and Aaron Rodgers walk into a bar...​

... and they watch the Bengals play in the Superbowl. Who Dey!

:)
Wait a minute! Patrick is a baby compared to those two! Hey I learned something this morning on Boomer and Gio. Of course Boomer is over the moon that the Bengals won and he said the defensive coordinator had a strategy on defense that he thought might be new to Mahomes but he didn't show it until the second half. Clever and it worked...Mahomes was clearly confused. Patrick still isn't in that 28-32 yr old sweet spot when you've seen everything they throw at you. And we've been to two superbowls with this baby. The AFC is going to be so much fun....just look at the bounty of QB's and now Aaron might be coming to Denver.

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
I don't follow football but I have to say doomsday has arrived. The Washington Football Team is going to announce its new name today. :yikes:

How bad will it be? :shuffle:

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
It leaked last night… the Commanders
Ugh.

I realize all the good names are already taken. I think I will continue to call them the Washington Football team.

I admit to always having been hostile towards the WFT for the peevish reason that particularly back in the days of the Senators, the football team got massive sports news attention in DC while baseball got miniscule coverage. Less so with the Nationals, but even so I still resent in the middle of the baseball season they start talking about football when I'm trying to get baseball news on the radio.:shuffle:

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
Ugh.

I realize all the good names are already taken. I think I will continue to call them the Washington Football team.

I admit to always having been hostile towards the WFT for the peevish reason that particularly back in the days of the Senators, the football team got massive sports news attention in DC while baseball got miniscule coverage. Less so with the Nationals, but even so I still resent in the middle of the baseball season they start talking about football when I'm trying to get baseball news on the radio.:shuffle:
Okay so its confirmed and just at that moment an animal name that would have worked that I never heard come up came into my head. I like animals over military/war sorts of names. Should have announced the new name today would be the Groundhogs.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Honestly I always read the WFT as WTF. It's just what my eyes saw and not necessarily a reflection of the team

Until the Gruden sh!t hit the fan, then WTF seemed appropriate

BlueRidge

AYS's snark-sponge
Honestly I always read the WFT as WTF. It's just what my eyes saw and not necessarily a reflection of the team

Until the Gruden sh!t hit the fan, then WTF seemed appropriate
Yes I saw WTF too. It was part of the delight of the purgatory the team was thrust into when it was finally forced to stop using the racist name!

I feel that continuing to use the same color scheme fails to acknowledge the history of the racism that adhered to the team. They aren't succeeding with re-branding in my view.

once_upon

Better off than 2020
Yes I saw WTF too. It was part of the delight of the purgatory the team was thrust into when it was finally forced to stop using the racist name!

I feel that continuing to use the same color scheme fails to acknowledge the history of the racism that adhered to the team. They aren't succeeding with re-branding in my view.
Someone posted the franchise didn't think it through very well. They could end up with a shorten name - the Commies

Mayra

Rams :cheer2:

I’m excited for this half time show. So fitting considering the location. The weather is also absolutely perfect for this right now in So Cal. ☀️

Fiero425

I like the Bengals! Even bought a jersey 30 years ago, but they're acting like jerks out there! That celebration after the interception was the most ridiculous thing I've ever seen in a Super Bowl and it was their 1st penalty! Each team is trying to maim each other's QB's! :confused:

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
:fragile: That was a tough loss but I'm still so proud of my Bengals right now. IMO, they got to the SB a year early (I pegged them for a huge playoff run next year) so this entire season was such a wonderful gift and blessing for my city. They're gonna be back and once they have a better offensive line, they're gonna be even stronger which should scare everyone in the AFC, LOL :respec: :cheer: :biggrinbo

Susan1

I couldn't watch. The two times I "checked in", Burrow got sacked. I swear. I stopped checking in. Then I saw the winning touchdown and changed the channel back. Ickey Woods correctly predicted the score of the last game, and then predicted the Bengals would come from behind to win in a last minute touchdown last night. He just got the team wrong. :(

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information