2022 Skate Canada NextGen Competition, July 23-24, Waterloo, Ontario

Sylvia

TBD
Skate Canada's event page with this weekend's schedule (video screen is embedded): https://skatecanada.ca/2022-next-gen-team-camp/

Livestreaming is supposed to be via Skate Canada's Dailymotion channel (livestream link to be posted when available).

Starting orders/Results page on Skate Ontario's website: https://skateontario.org/results/NGJULY23/index.htm

Combined Schedule with the Sectional Series July event (as of July 20, 2022 - subject to change): https://skateontario.org/wp-content...-July-KW-2022-Schedule-to-Post-July-20-v1.pdf

SATURDAY JULY 23 (listed times are Eastern)

13:00-13:35 NextGen JUNIOR PAIR SP starting order: https://skateontario.org/results/NGJULY23/NGJULY23JuniorPairSPSO.pdf
1 Ava Kemp / Yohntan Elizarov Skate Winnepeg MB
2 Chloe Panetta / Kieran Thrasher Skate Oakville ON
3 Ashlyn Schmitz / Tristan Taylor Shellbrook SC SK
4 Lilly Napier / Joshua Dore Gloucester SC ON

13:55-16:30 NextGen JUNIOR WOMEN SP starting order: https://skateontario.org/results/NGJULY23/NGJULY23JuniorWomenSPSO.pdf
1 Angelina Grant Royal Glenora Club AB/NWT/NT
2 Abbie Baltzer Hamilton SC ON
3 Michelle Deng Ice Palace FSC AB/NWT/NT
4 Lia Periera Milton SC ON
5 Natalie Roccatani Toronto CS & CC ON (added)
6 Fée-Ann Landry Patinage Gatineau QC (added)
7 Justine Miclette CPA Chambly QC
8 Fiona Bombardier Richmond Training Centre ON
9 Audreanne Foster CPA Baie Comeau QC
10 Hetty Shi Canadian Ice Academy ON
11 Alexa Matveev York Region Skating Centre ON (added)
12 Katherine Karon Riverside SC ON (added)
13 Rose Theroux Centre Jeunes Performances Plus QC
14 Sara-Maude Dupuis CPA Anjou Kinsmen Inc. QC
15 Kara Yun Champs International Skating Centre of Bri BC
16 Reese Rose Gloucester SC ON
17 Lulu Lin Canadian Ice Academy ON
18 Natasha Hewitt Toronto CS & CC ON (added)

16:50-19:20 NextGen JUNIOR DANCE Rhythm Dance starting order https://skateontario.org/results/NGJULY23/NGJULY23JuniorDanceRDSO.pdf
1 Nadiia Bashynska / Peter Beaumont Scarboro FSC ON
2 Alisa Korneva / Kieran MacDonald Kitchener - Waterloo ON (new; added)
3 Jamie Fournier / Anthony Haddad CPA De Boucherville QC (added)
4 Chaima Ben Khelifa / Everest Zhu CPA Laval QC
5 Kaitlyn Ho / Daniel Yu Calalta FSC AB/NWT/NT
6 Erica Estepa / Nolen Hickey Skate Canada Brampton-Chinguacousy ON
7 Nicole Bolender / Aiden Dotzert Kitchener - Waterloo SC ON (added)
8 Jordyn Lewis / Noah McMillan Ilderton SC ON
9 Sandrine Gauthier / Quentin Thieren CPA Du Roussillon QC
10 Marianne Hubert / William Oddson Huntington Hills SC QC (new; added)
11 Layla Veillon / Alexander Brandys Ilderton SC ON
12 Emma Goodstadt / Michael Barsoum Scarboro FSC ON
13 Eliane Foroglou-Gadoury / Félix Desmarais CPA Ville Marie QC (added)
14 Dana Sabatini-Speciale / Nicholas Buelow Toronto CS & CC ON
15 Hailey Yu / Brendan Giang Inlet SC BC
16 Savanna Martel / Kobi Chant Calalta FSC AB/NT/NU (added)
17 Lauren Batka / Jacob Yang North Point Skating Academy ON (new; added)

19:40-21:15 NextGen JUNIOR MEN SP starting order: https://skateontario.org/results/NGJULY23/NGJULY23JuniorMenSPSO.pdf
1 Aleksa Rakic Champs International Skating Centre of Bri BC
2 Edward Nicholas Vasii CPA Riviere Des Prairies QC
3 Rio Morita Toronto CS & CC ON
4 Grayson Long Toronto CS & CC ON
5 Jake Ellis South Windsor Skating Club ON (added)
6 Alec Guinzbourg Granite Club ON (added)
7 Anthony Paradis Patinage des Mille-Îles QC
8 David Bondar York Region Skating Centre ON
9 David Shteyngart Gloucester SC ON
10 Terry Yu Tao Jin Cannaught SC BC (added)
11 David Li Connaught SC BC
12 Herman Lau York Region Skating Centre ON (added)
WD John Kim Granite Club ON

ETA: "(added)" indicates the skater/team is not currently listed on the 2022-23 NextGen team and was invited to compete here.

Last edited:

JoannaLouise

Official Toaster Oven Monitor
Kemp/Elizarov started off their program so well; it looks like they've made some good progress since last year. Their sbs 2a looked strong.

But they had a fall from a lift in the middle of their program. It didn't look like either of them was hurt, thank goodness, but it did understandably really take the energy away from the rest of the program. I'm also not sure whether they held their death spiral long enough to get credit.

Sylvia

TBD
I was watching Skate Detroit Junior Pairs FS at the same time as this! ;)

Junior Pairs SP music:
Kemp/Elizarov: "Amything you can do I can do better" duet from Annie Get Your Gun
Panetta/Thrasher: "If I Ain't Got You" by Alicia Keys
Schmitz/Taylor: Bee Gees medley incl. "Night Fever" & "You Should Be Dancing"
Napier/Dore: female bluesy cover of "Never Tear Us Apart"

JoannaLouise

Michelle Deng had a beautiful program. She has such a lovely lyrical quality to her skating. Alas, she sat down on 2 of her jumping passes.

euterpe

Are you on your phone? Sometimes I can't get sound from DailyMotion if I'm on my phone. I have to use my desktop.
No, I'm on desktop. I switched from Google to Firefox and was able to get sound. Could someone please recap the scores for the first three skaters, as they aren't shown on the screen but read aloud, so I missed those.

JoannaLouise

Justine Miclette had a couple of rough jump landings, but I really like this program for her. She'll do well with this strong music that has a bit of attitude, and lots of angular movement in the choreo.

I also thought this was a big step up in terms of performance and polish for Fiona Bombardier. She was excellent today!

No, I'm on desktop. I switched from Google to Firefox and was able to get sound. Could someone please recap the scores for the first three skaters, as they aren't shown on the screen but read aloud, so I missed those.
I haven't really been keeping track, but currently I think Landry is in first with 50-something, Pereira has 48-something, and then there must be someone else with 47-ish, because Miclette was in 4th with 46 points. (And now Bombardier moves into first with 52.)

danafan

Canadian ladies über
Foster was one of my favourites from last year so I'm sure I've jinxed her. IS that Kim Decelles with her?

shutterbug

Justine Miclette had a couple of rough jump landings, but I really like this program for her. She'll do well with this strong music that has a bit of attitude, and lots of angular movement in the choreo.

I also thought this was a big step up in terms of performance and polish for Fiona Bombardier. She was excellent today!
I think Justine's 3flip was bigger than she expected. :lol: Enjoyed the program, should serve her well on the JGP circuit.

As much as Fiona's jumps remind me of her mom's, her 2A is not great. Wasn't Josee practicing 3A's at one time? Sure is her mother's daughter in terms of charm though. :)

JoannaLouise

I'm so impressed by Hetty Shi! That was a lovely program, and her jumps were all very solid. Deservedly into 2nd, with 51.94. :cheer2:

Foster was one of my favourites from last year so I'm sure I've jinxed her. IS that Kim Decelles with her?
I'm bad enough at recognizing people under normal circumstances; I can't tell who anyone is when they're all wearing masks! :lol:

Sylvia

TBD
The final skater, Natasha Hewitt, skates to familiar ballet music (I've seen this program twice online now) - if anyone can ID which one, please post. :)

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
Current top 3:
Sara-Maude Dupuis - 52.86
Fiona Bombardier - 52.73
Hetty Shi - 51.94

2 left to skate

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information