Music: Rhapsody on a Theme of Paganini

3Tw 2
2T - big problems - he popped, she stepped out

Throw 3Lo - lost the edge - fall
Forward Inside Death Sp 4
Ch Combo Spin 4 - synchronization issues
Step Sequence 2
3 Lift 4 - problems on the transition exit

That was a struggle. Some nice skating skills, but given the mistakes it was hard to judge the program.

49.51 = 6th Place

Last edited:

Amy L

I agree with those that say Plazas & Fernandez need to change coaches. They aren't improving fast enough, and even if clean, their scoring ceiling is too low to be competitive.
Jim Peterson pairs tend to have a trend of being medium-to-big sized fish in small ponds and not seeming to go for more. That's what I think drove Deanna crazy when she was with Bartholomay imo

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
HocKun - good 3tw, and both mess up the SBS 3s - she fell, nice throw 3lo, let's see what sort of PCS boost they get for being Euros bronze medalists... okay sbs spins to end.

LilJen

Reaching out with my hand sensitively
The Germans:
These costumes are so late 1980s, like "wow, women get to wear pants now!" And "hmm, what should we do for his costume? Jeweled vest? Sure!"
Not loving the Joan Jett cover/remix.
Alas, fall on the SBS jumps :(
Nobody but Javier Fernandez should skate to Black Betty.

floridaice

I agree with those that say Plazas & Fernandez need to change coaches. They aren't improving fast enough, and even if clean, their scoring ceiling is too low to be competitive.
I'm wondering home much is a training time problem -- didn't they both say last season that funds were a problem?

Amy L

Annika hiding behind a unicorn
🦄
:blocjudge

Neither me nor her were expecting first. woah.

skatingguy

decently
Hocke, Annika/Kunkel, Robert, Germany
Coach: O. Hotarek, F. Bianconi, R.Murante
Music: I Love Rock n Roll, Voulez-vous

3Tw 4
3S< - she fell
Throw 3F

3 Lift 4
Step Sequence 4
Forward Inside Death Sp 4
Ch Combo Spin 4

Strongest team in the field. The music is a miss, and the program needs some work. They're not really selling me on classic American rock at this point in the season.

63.59 = 1st Place

Last edited:

Sally1214

Not the performance Annika and Robert hoped for, I'm sure; but, overall, still pretty good. I like their costumes. Actually, I would have put Lia and Trennt in first in this portion of the competition .... but H/K are the favorites ... and, well, reputation counts.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information