Grand Prix de France 2023 Free Dance - “The Umbrellas of Cheer/Boo”

NinjaTurtles

No lamb chop, so don’t you fork my peas
Brissaud’s knee in the final lifted pose ending was shaking on for dear life. :lol:

Lopareva’s weaker posture, core strength, and allongé make this type of classical program a harder sell to me. But I really like how this team is developing.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
The one foot sequence should be an automatic drop in level for both if that's the choreography they are going to keep. The opening criteria requires them to be on the exact same timing and they weren't IMO.

I really liked last years FD, shortcomings and all, but this isn't it. They need something really intense. Otherwise I see him just looking down and being very careful in everything he does.

Hanna

Skating junkie
The choreo lift at the end is just :confused: Why? It's ugly and slow. Why would you want to include that in your program, let alone end with it.

skatingguy

decently
Fournier Beaudry, Laurence/Soerensen, Nikolaj 🇨🇦
Coach: M.-F. Dubreuil, P. Lauzon, R. Haguenauer
Music: Notre Dame de Paris

OFTW2+OFTM2
Rotational Lift 4 + Stationary Lift 4
SyTwW4+SyTwM
4 (3 after review)
DiStW2+DiStM2
Dance Spin 4
Choreo Assisted Jump
Choreo Character Step Sequence
Curve Lift 4

Choreo Dance Lift

Hmm, okay so this is interesting. I don't think this program quite works yet. It's missing something for me. I do like that they used that wonderful stationary lift to close the program.

124.17 = 1st Place
205.15 = 1st Place

Last edited:

Matryeshka

Euler? Euler? Anyone?
Z/K should be. Even an on off-day for CPom, their scores are very close. And on a good day CPom's scores are higher.
I would not be surprised if Z/K had one of those meteoric rises in scores at Nationals. A lot is going to depend on how they do at Espoo, but I think even if CPom beat them there, Z/K have a chance at beating them at Nationals just because they have momentum and I feel like CPom, like M/S, have been stuck in the same place for a while. Obviously CPom stuck in a HIGHER place than M/S, but still stuck.

If I were in USFS (and we can all breathe a sigh of relief that I'm not) I'd be looking ahead to Milan and even further than that for setting up the next Olympic cycle. The Browns and Z/K are the future, CPom and M/S were kindling that never fully ignited. Christina and Lorraine should just go skate with each other in Canada; that would be a pair I could root for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information