JGP #6 Poland - Men SP & FS

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
I was just scrolling along reading all the comments about Yudong's music, I go to his bio to see what it is, and HOLD UP, that's my oldest goddaughter's favorite singer. Oh dear. :lol:

SkateFanBerlin

I didn`t know Strommer from before and thought Linz with two clean programs was a fluke. But, the guy can really skate and is a competitor. He has a 3A but not using it yet?

Sylvia

TBD
I didn`t know Strommer from before and thought Linz with two clean programs was a fluke. But, the guy can really skate and is a competitor. He has a 3A but not using it yet?
I have yet to see any 3A practice clips by Beck on social media so TBD.

Last edited:

Lizziebeth

Luca from Lithuania just skated a fun program and really used his music!

Glad I got up early to see that.

Sylvia

TBD
Very mixed bag by Guinzbourg - landed nice opening 3A+2T, as well as 3F+3T & 3Lz, but fell on 3A and 2 other jumps. He kept his Rachmaninov Piano Concertos No.1 and 3 music from last season.

ETA that Bodenstein went for 4S again (4S<< in Osaka) and it looked better here (think Mark said < in the system).

Last edited:

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Bodenstein

Got some of that wild swinging free leg going on in his landings. Went for the quad! Somewhat hot and cold performance.

Last edited:

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Ted's now mis-naming countries. It's Slovakia, not Slovak Republic.

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Ebihara

Good extension and solid basics. Jumps look secure with nice held landings, (I did miss the first one while reading @Sylvia's link about Slovakia/Slovak Republic). Fall on 3s. Very complete skater with good tech, good skating skills, nice developing performance quality.

Sylvia

TBD
Ebihara

Good extension and solid basics. Jumps look secure with nice held landings, (I did miss the first one while reading @Sylvia's link about Slovakia/Slovak Republic).
Sorry! ;) Ebihara's opening jump was 3A hand down. I wonder how he was selected for the JGP this year - monitoring only? I haven't heard about JSF holding a JGP selection compeition? (cc: @Tak).

ETA - Ebihara was 28th in the SP at Junior Nationals in Nov. 2022 - injured?
He had qualified by placing 4th in the Eastern Section:
Rio NAKATA MF Figure Skating Academy 1 1 187.70
Ryusei KIKUCHI meguronihonunivhighschool 2 3 176.50
Tudoi SUTO MF Figure Skating Academy 3 2 169.32
Daiya EBIHARA Meijijingugaien FSC 4 4 160.80

Holy Headband

chair of the Lee Sihyeong international fanclub
Sad that Japan didn't use a few of their spots this season. It's not like there was a noticeable drop in quality such that their lower-level skaters didn't "deserve" a spot or two.
They withdrew several skaters in the second half of the JGP for some reason, in women's as well as men's I think... Money issues maybe? But then I don't think they would have been entered in the first place. Who knows.

As I said elsewhere, they should have given promising younger skaters like Nishino a second assignment to help them get their feet wet IMO.

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Sayed is really struggling out there, even had problems on his camel spin

He did skate up to the dramatic music in the choreo sequence, which was nice to see that he didn't let the program go even after the mistakes.

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
They withdrew several skaters in the second half of the JGP for some reason, in women's as well as men's I think... Money issues maybe? But then I don't think they would have been entered in the first place. Who knows.

As I said elsewhere, they should have given promising younger skaters like Nishino a second assignment to help them get their feet wet IMO.
It's hard to believe it's money, because if Japan doesn't have money, then how do any of the other feds afford international assignments?

There could be some internal benchmarks that we're not aware of. Or Japan might feel quite comfortable with their current top skaters in both senior and junior and feel satisfied that they have the future covered. Akin to Russia sending more men out than ladies to senior Bs in the last decade because they knew who the top ladies were and the men were all over the place, even though those lower-ranked ladies were quite good and could've been competitive had they been sent.

Sylvia

TBD
I thought Arttu JUUSOLA really listened to his music :) (Amour / Il / Ouessant by Jean-Michel Blais).
Oh, that's where Deniss's ponytail went.
He had a ponytail before Deniss cut his. ;)

Final group:
19Jakub LOFEK
POL.GIF
POL
20Ali Efe GUNES
TUR.GIF
TUR
21Yudong CHEN
CHN.GIF
CHN
22Edward APPLEBY
GBR.GIF
GBR
23Juheon LIM
KOR.GIF
KOR
24Beck STROMMER
USA.GIF
USA

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Lofek

Nice and clean, some doubles instead of triples so technical content not as high as could be. Good stamina throughout program.

Sylvia

TBD
All green blobs for Lofek but at least 2 doubled jumps that I saw.

ETA - into 2nd overall:

1 Daiya EBIHARA JPN 184.73 7 1
2 Jakub LOFEK POL 175.86 6 4
3 Kyrylo LISHENKO UKR 172.39 13 2

Holy Headband

chair of the Lee Sihyeong international fanclub
Nice clean skate from Lofek! If you ignore the three pops, that is... But still, he did well IMO. Better to pop some jumps and deliver a good performance than to implode because of nerves/stamina issues.

Sylvia

TBD
Gunes (TUR) opens with a solid 3A (credit prob. goes to Sergei Rozanov who was with him in Istanbul but not here).

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information