Soucisse & Firus Cheer Thread!

Colonel Green

Now in transit to Japan. This'll be their first competition in over a year, and the first glimpse of whatever they've been able to do under the Lanes (though the programs are mostly the same, so obviously next season will be a much bigger shift).

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Heartfelt post from Carolane: https://www.instagram.com/p/CNukPRGLdCU/?igshid=ido8t9inxtg2

As @Colonel Green said elsewhere, the strategy seems to be to slow them down and work on control. It had to be done to stop them making mistakes, but of course it's hell on their scores. I hope that from here they can start building back up, and I hope they get :kickass: programs for next season.

Wyliefan

Marc-Andre Servant (a coach and choreographer at IDE) has a clip of Caro and Shane in his stories. I suspect it may be from their FD.

barbarafan

Marc-Andre Servant (a coach and choreographer at IDE) has a clip of Caro and Shane in his stories. I suspect it may be from their FD.
Have they now pulled out of quebec provincial competition which they were entered in? If so is it injury?

barbarafan

Not that I know of. Why, did you hear that they pulled out?
not sure....I called the arena to get some details as I thinking about popping in for an event or 2 and we discussed the fact that the withdrawals never show on the schedule until after that event. She asked me if I had check on the detailed schedule so I looked.. What they have is over and above the skating times is the time they enter the changing room, what room they are in and what time they will leave the room.....Beside the 3 of the senior dance teams are the words ABSENT for time in and out but I am not sure it means they won't be there...3 teams are Shane/Caroline......George Waddel and Sasha and Marjorie Lajoie and Zack. It could just be they have not checked in yet. They skate Saturday and Sunday....What do you think it means?
https://resultats.patinage.qc.ca/wp-content/uploads/2021/08/20-1.pdf

barbarafan

I don't know. I haven't heard anything about any of those teams withdrawing, so I guess we'll have to wait and see.

If you go, hope you have a good time!
thanks......The arena stairs are a bit dangerous but it is free this yr. The acoustics are bad...hard to make out names and scores so watching live stream is better.....but when you are looking at speed and power there is no comparison between being there and watching live stream.

Wyliefan

I'm so happy that S/F finally have a beautiful free dance that suits them. Far and away the best program they've had since 2018.

I'm not getting any hopes up for this particular season. The Olympic teams are set in stone, IMHO. I'm just happy that they're moving in the right direction now, and I hope they continue to do so.

Wyliefan

Caro and Shane recently became CAN Fund recipients, and Caro will be taking over their @150Women Instagram account tomorrow.

Sylvia

TBD
2023 Irish Nationals Recap (June 18, 2023) - cross-posting here from the Nationals thread in Kiss & Cry:
“Irish Nationals was such a unique and special experience for Shane and I,” Soucisse said. “The warm welcome and support we received from the athletes and members of the federation was absolutely fantastic. Joining the ISAI was the best decision we have made, not only for our skating career but also because we feel like we gained a new family! I would like to thank all members of the ISAI for the unforgettable memories we have made here and for all the ones to come.”
“Irish Nationals was an absolutely amazing experience and we were blown away with how welcoming and warm the ISAI were,” Firus said. “All of the members of the ISAI welcomed us with open arms and made Irish Nationals an experience that we will never forget. For me it was a particularly special moment as growing up my Nana from Gorey, County Wexford always talked about Ireland and how she missed the people. After this past weekend it’s easy to understand why. When we stood at the top of the podium being the first Irish Senior Ice Dance Champions, I was filled with pride thinking of how lucky we are to represent such an incredible country. What made this historic moment even more special were the individuals who shared this moment with us. It was as emotional for them as it was for us.”

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information