SYTYCD 2024

pixie cut

It was pretaped with no audience voting in 2022 but I still felt invested in the outcome. We got to know the dancers. We saw duets, solos and group routines. At times, the tight shooting schedule led to some sloppiness, but it was still interesting. This is like a big rushed jumble and who cares. The stuff at the house is so over produced. It's impossible to care who wins.

vgerdes

I actually enjoyed this week's show. I found both filmed dances to be quite entertaining, and the stuff in the house wasn't too annoying. I liked seeing how the other dancers cheered on the ones who had to dance for their lives at the end. I do have a favorite now.
Anthony really impressed me this week. He was dancing well outside his comfort zone but still made it look amazing.

vgerdes

So... this was an interesting experiment, but I hope that if SYTYCD comes back, they bring back the audience voting as well. Having the decision completely in the judges' hands made it a lot less interesting, even though they had some cool challenges for the dancers this season.

I don't have the JoJo Siwa hate that some seem to feel, but she just didn't add much to the panel, IMO. Bring back Comfort!

All that being said, congrats to the winner.

Anthony really was my favorite this season. He's just so endearing, and he is extremely talented. He and Dakayla do make a cute couple. It will be interesting to see if they stay together.

pixie cut

So... this was an interesting experiment, but I hope that if SYTYCD comes back, they bring back the audience voting as well. Having the decision completely in the judges' hands made it a lot less interesting, even though they had some cool challenges for the dancers this season.

I don't have the JoJo Siwa hate that some seem to feel, but she just didn't add much to the panel, IMO. Bring back Comfort!

All that being said, congrats to the winner.

Anthony really was my favorite this season. He's just so endearing, and he is extremely talented. He and Dakayla do make a cute couple. It will be interesting to see if they stay together.
I actually was pleasantly surprised by JoJo's comments. Much better than I expected and a huge step forward from what she did on the 2022 show. I doubt they'll bring back live shows or audience voting, but I do hope they consider longer shows and more duo routines. We'll see. Ratings were apparently not that good, so maybe the show has come to the end of the road.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information