The Amazing Race S36

BaileyCatts

That first road block was hard. Too many images with such teeny tiny differences .. eye on left versus eye on right? Plus getting them in the right order? I would still be there today. :lol: Did they have to run that whole course again when they went back to look for more images? The hike to the water alone woulda killed me.

Too bad one of the challenges wasn't learning a merengue dance routine. That coulda been epic. :lol:

I'm prepared for a Ricky/Cesar win, but I really want Juan/Shane to win.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
Meh season and the top two were expected. I liked the variety in the final challenges, but I wish the flag challenge would've been a little more complex or something very different since both teams basically flew through it. Some of the previous final challenges have been really great, and others have been downright terrible (I remember a totem pole in one of the first 10 seasons that was so bad).

I missed the airport drama that finally came back last year, and I think that the locations throughout the season benefitted both teams and their language skills. But from now on, I really hope the depart time is 12 hours after arrival like it was for so long-- even if more often than not, there was some great equalizer such as flights having room for X amount of teams or attractions not opening until almost every team had arrived.

ks1227

I really liked this season! All three of the top teams were very likable and I would have been happy with any of them winning, but I'm personally glad that Cesar and Ricky got it after doing so well all season. Hard to believe how many years I've been watching this show now!

screech

Predictable outcome, but one I'm not disappointed with. It's also nice to see that a couple that you wouldn't think would dominate so much (just by looking at them) were such fantastic competitors. Of course, the cynic in me does think that they had an advantage, since Cesar's first language is Spanish...

tony

Predictable outcome, but one I'm not disappointed with. It's also nice to see that a couple that you wouldn't think would dominate so much (just by looking at them) were such fantastic competitors. Of course, the cynic in me does think that they had an advantage, since Cesar's first language is Spanish...
Juan's originally from Colombia, so there's that. I do think the top two teams had an advantage In that sense, seeing how they didn't really move around this season.

BaileyCatts

Well that was predictable. :blah: As soon as Juan and Shane got lost I knew that was it.

I guess it would be too hard to plan it out, but I don't think they should have the Final Leg in a city where any of the final teams was born and raised. Even if you left when you were 20, you can still find your way around I would think. But way too hard to plan around that I guess.

What was with that final challenge? Isn't the final challenge always some kind of memory test about the race that you just ran? Like matching challenges to cities and put them in order and such? That final challenge had nothing to do with the actual race.

Did Vinny have that ring with him the entire race to be ready to propose at whatever point they got eliminated? Because if he did, how the heck did he keep from losing it! :yikes:

Anyone find an article or something that said how far behind #2 finished behind #1, and then #3 behind #1? I wish they would tell you like "26 minutes later" for #2 and "1 hour, 47 minutes later" for #3 or however long it was each finished after #1, so we could see how close it really was .... or wasn't.

Still waiting for Team FSU to get on the cast! You could wear purple and knit on the plane rides. :p

tony

Well that was predictable. :blah: As soon as Juan and Shane got lost I knew that was it.

I guess it would be too hard to plan it out, but I don't think they should have the Final Leg in a city where any of the final teams was born and raised. Even if you left when you were 20, you can still find your way around I would think. But way too hard to plan around that I guess.
Frank and Margarita in season 1 famously were in their hometown of NYC for the final leg, he passed his childhood home on the train ride to the finish line, and they still ended up finishing behind Rob and Brennan. It's not always an advantage as much as luck, good directions, a good taxi driver, or whatever it may be.
Anyone find an article or something that said how far behind #2 finished behind #1, and then #3 behind #1? I wish they would tell you like "26 minutes later" for #2 and "1 hour, 47 minutes later" for #3 or however long it was each finished after #1, so we could see how close it really was .... or wasn't.
I don't read any of the articles about the show, but the producers sure did try to make it look close and fake the audience out a bit. I have a feeling it was a total blowout, though.
Still waiting for Team FSU to get on the cast! You could wear purple and knit on the plane rides. :p
I've told this story before, but one of my ex-coworkers in the bar was approached on the street by a producer the year they had the singles who were teamed up randomly (and there was an insufferable winner). The producer kept trying to get him to go forward in auditioning, and he didn't want to. I read his emails as we worked and I was seething in anger :p The only other person I know from TAR was on season 3 with his dad and it's been a long time since I rewatched the season, but I think they took an express pass or whatever it was called back then and still ended up way behind all the other teams early on in the season.

jadingirl

yes predictable but since Ricky and Cesar dominated really it would have been a shame if they didn't come in #1. I really liked all top 3 teams and wasn't that invested in who won so happy with the outcome. Its too bad Juan and Shane drove all the way to New Jersey but it looked like they had caught up to Rod and Latetia at the puzzle so perhaps they weren't that far back.

I also missed the whole race memory puzzle - was waiting for it and disappointed they didn't put it together.

Overall this was a bit boring for TAR.

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member

tony

This was a meh season, but at least the final three were all likable and I think Ricky and Cesar would have done well on any season, as they are smart and seem to handle frustration really well.

TAR continues to be an also-ran for CBS: In announcing their 2024-2025 lineup, CBS revealed The Amazing Race 37 will premiere sometime in spring 2025. That means fans will be getting almost a year between seasons.
AFAIK, Tough as Nails still hasn't been renewed either and it's been a year since the last season aired. I always thought it scored well for CBS 🤷‍♂️

Instead, watch us continue to get 100 days of Big Brother which I'm quite sure no one cares for.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information