From Russia With Love (No 32): Spring to Summer 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

taz'smum

'Be Kind' - every skater has their own story
True. I hope they are healthy this season and able to do both programs justice. Otherwise...man the prospects are looking dim.

For the moment, Tiff's knees are progressing nicely with the intensive rehab, as could be seen at the Russian cup final. So fingers crossed.
They are currently in Colorado, working with Chris once again on a new FD. :D

barbarafan

For the moment, Tiff's knees are progressing nicely with the intensive rehab, as could be seen at the Russian cup final. So fingers crossed.
They are currently in Colorado, working with Chris once again on a new FD. :D
Yay!..can't wait to see what they come up with this time

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Not that it's a big surprise or anything, but Elena Ilinykh has officially retired.
She was on radio yesterday, said that she has moved on and is now focusing on new projects and their Academy.

I had hoped that she could return with a strong partner. So sad to see her talent go to waste. At least she has an OGM from the team event in Sochi.

Bigbird

Individual Bronze Medal isn’t too shabby either ;)

Quite true. She put up a strong fight though but she just didn't have many options in terms of worthy partners. All the best with her future endeavours. She will be sorely missed, she was just magical, a truly special ice dancer.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
Individual Bronze Medal isn’t too shabby either ;)

I know many skaters would be thrilled with an Olympic bronze medal, but she had so much potential for the gold at Olympics and worlds! Sorry for bringing up the past. If not for Nikita dumping her, she could have had a brilliant career. Too bad she could not find a strong partner.

Last edited:

NAOTMAA

^^^^
But nobody knows how it would have ended up. They pulled it together for the Olympics but that was almost it. And if Nikita was unhappy, and didn't believe in it anymore, then it certainly wouldn't. It would just be a lot more frustration from everyone and than nobody would be happy.

Not everyone can suck it up for a decade like Evgeny Platov :lol:

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
^^^^
But nobody knows how it would have ended up. They pulled it together for the Olympics but that was almost it. And if Nikita was unhappy, and didn't believe in it anymore, then it certainly wouldn't. It would just be a lot more frustration from everyone and than nobody would be happy.

Not everyone can suck it up for a decade like Evgeny Platov :lol:

Many skaters suck it up to achieve their goals. Not everyone has a G&G type relationship with their partner. I was more bothered by the way he did it. Suddenly, behind her back.

The real tragedy is that Nikita found a partner but Elena did not, and IMO she was more talented than Nikita.

I should just stop bringing up the past. It is gone. I hope Elena will be happy in her life.

Perky Shae Lynn

The real tragedy is that Nikita found a partner but Elena did not, and IMO she was more talented than Nikita.

I should just stop bringing up the past. It is gone. I hope Elena will be happy in her life.
It's hard not to bring up the past in this case. I agree that Elena is a more talented and interesting skater, and it's a real shame her career was cut so short.

rfisher

Let the skating begin
Oddly enough, there wasn't a horde of male ice dancers beating a path to Elena's door. Talent isn't everything. She seems to have moved on and is making a new career for herself, so good for her.

Bigbird

Oddly enough, there wasn't a horde of male ice dancers beating a path to Elena's door. Talent isn't everything. She seems to have moved on and is making a new career for herself, so good for her.

Say what? Lena says not ready for retirement. Dima says what? We were going to form a pair!

Whiplash anyone? :watch::rofl: Only in Russia I tell you, only in Russia.

EDIT: Not practical. Who's in her league? Are they available? No. Best to just move on but while doing so ensure that the fed pays for as long as is possible ;)

Tinami Amori

Российский фигурист Дмитрий Соловьев заявил РИА Новости, что Елена Ильиных не сообщала ему о завершении карьеры, более того, у них были совместные планы по созданию пары для профессиональной карьеры.
"Можно сказать, что у нас были такие разговоры и кое-какие планы", - ответил он на вопрос, есть ли мысли у них по поводу начала совместных выступлений на соревнованиях.

The summary: had plans to continue "professional career" (shows, events), some discussions/considerations about possible "competitive career".

Last edited:

Tinami Amori

more like "we had plans..."

Looks like they want to keep getting funding from the Russian Figure Skating Federation and probably some ice time to train for the shows :confused:
She is currently listed in this database as "Coach", no membership in any official clubs, nor assigned to a coach.
http://www.fskate.ru/skaters/110.html

Soloviev is still listed with Zhulin/Durnev @ Olympisky/Moskvich
http://www.fskate.ru/skaters/78.html

Zhulin needs to agree by May deadline if he's willing to take on I/S team, or they will need to find a new coach, and she needs a club.

Bigbird

She is currently listed in this database as "Coach", no membership in any official clubs, nor assigned to a coach.
http://www.fskate.ru/skaters/110.html

Soloviev is still listed with Zhulin/Durnev @ Olympisky/Moskvich
http://www.fskate.ru/skaters/78.html

Zhulin needs to agree by May deadline if he's willing to take on I/S team, or they will need to find a new coach, and she needs a club.

Oh. That's how you do this. :watch:

Russian off-season is more entertaining than any reality show, EVER.

Ka3sha

https://rsport.ria.ru/20190423/1552959541.html

Kovtun has announced his retirement - his back injuries won't allow him to train to be at the level he wants to be at. He is focusing on his studies and wants to move into coaching.
Vaitsekhovskaya's interview with Max
https://rsport.ria.ru/20190423/1552959541.html?in=t

His post on Instagram
https://www.instagram.com/p/BwmKlhmleTn/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=1tm6j5lsvcss4
Wrote, erased and wrote again, erased again ... The most difficult letter in my Life ... This day came. It's time to say goodbye ... I will not pick the archives of my memory about the time when it all began, or what I went through to get here ... I wrote this letter and already deleted it.
To begin with, there is no drama, I had my time , but it came to an end ... But soon it will happen again! In another chapter of my beautiful, wonderful, interesting life. I thank God for giving me the opportunity to visit the whole world, to be and compete among great athletes, thank God for the people I met in this sport, for my character, for unforgettable victories, moments of happiness, thank for my wonderful family ... I am really grateful for Elena Germanovna [Buyanova], who forgave me for my childish nonsense. I want to thank my fans, without you there would be no us. Am grateful to my friends, real friends, for not letting me lose my real self, thank you.
It was a wonderful time ... I have already lived my whole life, and now I am starting a new one, and this is so thrilling ... But so interesting ... I am a happy person, and I don’t regret anything, this is life, and an interesting one as everything isn't so simple :) And thank God for that! There is always a way out! The main thing is to look at everything from the right angle! :) I won't make any promises regarding the future, who knows what's next for us. But I have already set some priorities for myself, and I will live, develop, move in that direction. One thing for sure, we will see each other again ... Your Palych.
(The same boy who never got to the Olympics) 😂❤️ Love, hugged ... The end.

zebraswan

He had more chances than most people ever get. So many wasted resources on him (at the expense of others) because he was young and "promising," all of which he squandered. I'm not sorry to see him go at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information