Rafael Arutyunyan will use THE RINKS – Lakewood ICE as main training facility

Sylvia

TBD
Starting June 25, Rafael will begin his coaching residency at Lakewood ICE. He is acknowledged around the world for his success in teaching jump technique and employs a systematic, theoretical analysis of the methods applied to the skill of jumping on ice. <snip> ... His methods have proven to be effective with his athletes winning several Grand Prix medals, the U.S. Senior Ladies Silver medal, the U.S. Senior Men’s Gold medal, and the Ladies Bronze medal in the World Championships just in this year alone.
Oops! :p I've tweeted corrections to them.

ETA: The press release has since been corrected (I think I'll refrain from suggesting the (bolded) addition: "... the U.S. Senior Ladies and Men's Bronze medals...").

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Does anyone know if anyone ever bought Ice castles?
I bumped up the old (August 2013) Ice Castle news thread replied to you there: http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/ind...rowhead-to-close-aug-30th.88960/#post-4809789

I'm told that Lakewood Ice is the same rink that used to be called Glacial Gardens-Lakewood when it hosted a Junior Grand Prix (Mao Asada's junior international debut) back in September 2004. The Anaheim Ducks (NHL team/organization) bought the rink in January 2013.

Last edited:

feraina

That's fabulous news! I know he's been desperate for his own training facility, or at least more ice time for his skaters and not having to skate together with little kids. It's really good news for all his skaters with two seasons to go before the Olympics.

It's a 70-min drive from where I live. Maybe I can go watch them train sometime. ;)

Marco

Does it mean Ashley, Adam and Nathan (plus others) will get their own rink to train at and dedicated ice time finally? And not having to switch between various rinks during the week? Hooray!

(it also means Ashley has one less excuse not to put it together :p)

Sylvia

TBD
Re-posting from the Programs/Choreographers thread re. Michal Brezina (CZE):
So I didn't know where to post this, but it's anyways news on the current season:
Brezina moves to Rafael Arutyunyan (Lakewood, CA) in July
Direct link to press release is: https://www.facebook.com/figureskat...78550292537/10154909812557538/?type=3&theater
(This thread was my first pick for the news, @levineismine ;) - I suppose a new thread could be started if there is a more substantive article in the future.)

Last edited:

aftershocks

Banned Member
Cross-posting here from the Program Music Thread:

So I didn't know where to post this, but it's anyways news on the current season:
Brezina moves to Rafael Arutyunyian (Lakewood, CA) in July
https://www.facebook.com/figureskatingmag/

Interesting. I really like Michal. When he first came on the scene, he appeared to be a strong jumper who needed to grow aesthetically. For some reason he seemed to stall with his confidence and lose tech consistency while not finding a strong identity on the ice. This past season I loved Michal's sp choreographed by Jeff Buttle. It would be great if Michal keeps his sp and maybe gets help from Tom Dickson or Shae Lynn Bourne for a creative fp?

How will the dynamic work with new students joining Raf's camp? Probably okay, but in terms of men, Raf already has Nathan Chen and Adam Rippon. I'm sure it can be a good thing for talented rivals to push each other, and certainly Michal can benefit from Raf's tutelage. Wishing everyone well in their new training environs at Lakewood ICE.

oubik

Cross-posting here from the Program Music Thread:

This past season I loved Michal's sp choreographed by Jeff Buttle. It would be great if Michal keeps his sp and maybe gets help from Tom Dickson or Shae Lynn Bourne for a creative fp?

Hitting the nail on the head: Michal was working in Colorado Springs with Tom during May on new LP (don' t know the music details yet, but if I do not forget I would ask.)

Sylvia

TBD
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information