IFS article on Shae-Lynn Bourne and her move to Southern California

Sylvia

TBD
This article by Rob Brodie originally was published in the IFS August 2020 issue:
Excerpt:
But as happy as they were in Charleston, there was always the pull of California in the back of their minds. It would mean more opportunities for Bourne and Turok, whose career is in filmmaking. And so it was that Laguna Beach became their new home last December.
For Bourne, it has widened the scope of available workplaces to ply her craft. While she spends most of her time at the Great Park Ice & FivePoint Arena in Irvine — home base for coach Rafael Arutyunyan and his elite group — ice is also plentiful at rinks in other nearby places such as Anaheim and Lakewood. The Irvine facility is a mere 20-minute drive from Bourne’s residence.
“Rafael has been very welcoming to me,” said Bourne. “In December, I started doing group classes for his other skaters. It has really been nice to be in that environment, with both the competitive group and the people who just love to skate. I get to share my knowledge with them. It’s not just the choreography, but working on skills, creativity, the artistry … it has been really wonderful. And then I can go to other nearby rinks like in Anaheim, where I can get private ice and be one-on-one with a skater. There are quite a few to choose from where I can get early morning ice, so it’s been a good fit.”

VGThuy

I don't blame her. SoCal has tons of rinks, tons of opportunities for her partner who is in filmmaking, and it's just a beautiful area.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
Yeah, it makes sense. But I used to LOVE her work and her programs this year haven't been at the same level. Maybe that is pandemic related and not move related?

VGThuy

Yeah, it makes sense. But I used to LOVE her work and her programs this year haven't been at the same level. Maybe that is ********* related and not move related?
Maybe the same thing is happening to her that happens to every popular choreographer after a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information