2025 U.S. Nationals in Wichita, KS & Skate America returns to Allen, TX in 2024

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
I wonder what Worlds fees will be like? Definitely thankful for Skating Club of Boston giving us the opportunity to purchase without fees. I know it wasn’t the most convenient way to order but worth it if it saves me $181+.

Jarrett

Go Mirai!
Thank you for letting us know, Jarrett.
Earlier this afternoon, I wrote to Robert at his e-mail address about the "Convenience Fee," and I received an apologetic reply from him of a similar nature -- saying that he would be following up with the arena.
I do believe that Robert sincerely wants to troubleshoot.
This morning before today's presale started, I had e-mailed him to ask a question unrelated to fees, and he replied quickly with helpful information and a helpful tone.
Yes all of Robert's email has been in a helpful tone even in response to my snarky one. lol

Spikefan

Robert probably didn’t know the fee was that high but the person that signed the contract did. Can I get that e-mail? :lol:

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
I wonder what Worlds fees will be like? Definitely thankful for Skating Club of Boston giving us the opportunity to purchase without fees. I know it wasn’t the most convenient way to order but worth it if it saves me $181+.

I do think this was a Select-a-Seat glitch due to the All Event nature because when I look at other one-day events at that arena, the fee is more in the expected $20-$30 range. Hopefully they’ll be able to do refunds for us.

Spikefan

I just got a response from my contact at USFS. The fees are an error and the box office will begin refunding ticket buyers the exorbitant fees
Great news.

It is fixed. Fee is now $57.88 with $6 processing fee.

Last edited:

Spikefan

My charge is 127.76 for two tickets for two P2 ticket. What ticket are you looking at?
One ticket in P3.

Now it looks like the convenience fee is per ticket, which will hurt those with 4+ tickets.

Spikefan

It don’t know if the system has actually been fixed or this is just a work on progress. The fee is 127 on a single 405 ticket. That still seems insane.
I thought that was for the two tickets, not each. That is even more than the original $181 then.

Cachoo

Thank God that was a mistake. The City’s computer systems have been down since the 5th as LockBit (from Russia) has attacked as part of a ransomware threat. INTRUST Arena is owned by the county who has not been affected. I thought you should know about this.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Thank God that was a mistake. The City’s computer systems have been down since the 5th as LockBit (from Russia) has attacked as part of a ransomware threat. INTRUST Arena is owned by the county who has not been affected. I thought you should know about this.
INTRUST Bank Arena is owned by the Government of Sedgwick County.

ice coverage

Just received USFS e-mail today about the sale open to the general public, which starts tomorrow.
(Because I had signed up on visitwichita page for Nats updates.)

Excerpts from the e-mail:

" *Convenience fees include a 20% service fee, 4% credit card fee, 7.5% local sales tax and an additional fee depending on the package. All of these fees are included in the convenience fees subtotal. "​

" Please see the seating map below. The kiss and cry will be in front of section 122/123, and the officials stand will be in section 116. Seats in section 103 are not currently available for purchase. "

US%20Figure%20Skating_Final_V2.jpg

Today's full e-mail can be read here: https://info.usfigureskating.org/ex...ionships-all-session-tickets-presale-march-16

Of note (IMO) from today's e-mail with my individual code for the presale:
(1) I think the non-junior option also excludes the Skating Spectacular?​
Direct quote:​
"There are two all-session ticket packages available:​
All-session ticket that includes access to all 17 sessions​
All-session ticket excluding the nine junior level events and the Skating Spectacular."​

Maybe the previous e-mail from May 14 about Worlds pre-sale was wrong about non-junior option also excluding Skating Spectacular??? 🤔
Today's e-mail says:
" There are two all-session ticket packages available:
All-session ticket including access to all 17 sessions.
All-session ticket excluding the eight junior level events. "​
(Yesterday I purchased package including junior events, so it is impossible for me to look within "Inventory" section of ticket site to check the list of individual sessions included in non-junior package.)

btw, USFS site now has 2025 Nats event page:

TanithandBenFan

This email went out regarding the fees:

We have been receiving questions regarding the convenience fees for the all-session ticket packages, so we wanted to provide a bit more clarity to hopefully answer these questions.

The convenience fees include a 20% service fee (typical amount for online ticket purchasers), 4% credit card fee, 7.5% local tax and an additional order processing fee of approximately $4 for each day of the event your package includes. The total convenience fee should not exceed 25-35% of the cost of the ticket face value.

For reference, this percentage is lower than all taxes and fees on all-session tickets to the 2024 Prevagen U.S. Figure Skating Championships. We unfortunately could not break out the service fee, credit card fee and local tax on your receipt, so that is why the total number for the convenience fee may seem high.

Additionally, an error in the system caused some individuals to be charged a much higher convenience fee than normal. We will be reaching out to those individuals today.

If you have already purchased a ticket, please review your receipt, and if you believe you were charged more than a 35% convenience fee, please reach out to [email protected], and we will work with you to correct the issue.

The fees for Columbus must have built into the ticket price because my Columbus invoice didn't show any separate fees, only taxes of less than 4%.

Jarrett

Go Mirai!
This email went out regarding the fees:

We have been receiving questions regarding the convenience fees for the all-session ticket packages, so we wanted to provide a bit more clarity to hopefully answer these questions.

The convenience fees include a 20% service fee (typical amount for online ticket purchasers), 4% credit card fee, 7.5% local tax and an additional order processing fee of approximately $4 for each day of the event your package includes. The total convenience fee should not exceed 25-35% of the cost of the ticket face value.

For reference, this percentage is lower than all taxes and fees on all-session tickets to the 2024 Prevagen U.S. Figure Skating Championships. We unfortunately could not break out the service fee, credit card fee and local tax on your receipt, so that is why the total number for the convenience fee may seem high.

Additionally, an error in the system caused some individuals to be charged a much higher convenience fee than normal. We will be reaching out to those individuals today.

If you have already purchased a ticket, please review your receipt, and if you believe you were charged more than a 35% convenience fee, please reach out to [email protected], and we will work with you to correct the issue.

The fees for Columbus must have built into the ticket price because my Columbus invoice didn't show any separate fees, only taxes of less than 4%.
How much were the tickets last year? I can't find a post anywhere with the prices. So they actually increased the fees to per ticket from the beginning for P2 tickets at least. First it was $180 per order (two tickets). Then went down to $127 per order (two tickets) now to a per ticket 35% fee so for two tickets is $243 now for P2 with juniors. USFSA and its contractor is crazy. I hope anyone that had a chance to purchase did it the afternoon yesterday because that is when the prices were the lowest when they were trying to "fix things." Their fix was actually raise the fee for P1 and P2. lol

Last edited:

waltzonice

I couldn't find my receipt from last year for Columbus, but my credit card was charged $1935.80 for 2 front row seats, which would be equivalent to P1. So $967.90 each, with all taxes and fees included. This year, it is $1080, or $810 if you got the Worlds 25% discount, before fees.

Last edited:

TanithandBenFan

How much were the tickets last year? I can't find a post anywhere with the prices. So they actually increased the fees to per ticket from the beginning for P2 tickets at least. First it was $180 per order (two tickets). Then went down to $127 per order (two tickets) now to a per ticket 35% fee so for two tickets is $243 now for P2 with juniors. USFSA and its contractor is crazy. I hope anyone that had a chance to purchase did it the afternoon yesterday because that is when the prices were the lowest when they were trying to "fix things." Their fix was actually raise the fee for P1 and P2. lol
I bought a cheaper ticket last year, but I think a $540 seat this year cost around $575 in Columbus.

waltzonice

I believe that after they "fixed" the fee issue yesterday, the fees are only lower if you bought a single P2 or P3 ticket, but higher if you bought anything else, and much higher for those buying multiple tickets. Those who bought 4 tickets before they "fixed" the problem got a steal!

Last edited:

Rhumba d’Amour

I just received an (unsolicited) “explanation” email from Robert at USFS regarding the fees, and I am speechless. The suggestion that “convenience fees” of 25-35% of the ticket value are “typical” for this type of event is not borne out by my experience.

Nationals in Wichita KS in January already seems like kind of a tough sell—we don’t need this on top of it. I feel sorry for the athletes, who may not be able to compete in front of the large, enthusiastic audiences that they deserve.

YukiNieve

I believe that after they "fixed" the fee issue yesterday, the fees are only lower if you bought a single P2 or P3 ticket, but higher if you bought anything else, and much higher for those buying multiple tickets. Those who bought 4 tickets before they "fixed" the problem got a steal!
Hope that they will not ask us to pay the difference! 😂

ice coverage

Concerning the hotels, the official website takes us to the Arena's website, which lists the nearby hotels. No special rates for the event?

From at least two of the USFS e-mails that I received this week (emphasis added):
"Those who purchase all-session tickets will also have exclusive access to U.S. Figure Skating's hotel block. Information will be sent out next week to those who purchase these tickets."​

If this separate FYI will help anyone:
" ... we have extended the 2025 World Championships ticket purchasers presale to Sunday, May 19 at midnight CT.
Our Friends of Figure Skating presale will still end at noon CT on Thursday, May 16. Your codes will not be valid after these presales close. "​
(I think the Worlds pre-sale originally was scheduled to end on Friday.)

ice coverage

I won't hold my breath that any hotel package they have will be a better deal. Probably will be cheaper on the hotel's website after their 50% we provided a link fee.

I am not "holding my breath," but I am curious to see what next week will bring in terms of hotel information.
Some of the USFS spectator rates were advantageous for Nats at least in 2024, 2023, and 2020.

Meanwhile, the timeliness of today's post from newyorkercartoons gave me a laugh ;):

Last edited:

Spikefan

I hope anyone that had a chance to purchase did it the afternoon yesterday because that is when the prices were the lowest when they were trying to "fix things." Their fix was actually raise the fee for P1 and P2. lol
I just did the math and it is $22 more now, from late yesterday, for P3.

Hotel rates are pretty reasonable right now so I doubt the code will save you much. If you have a hotel you want to stay at I would probably just book it now. If it is some great savings you can always rebook and cancel the earlier booking.

ice coverage

.. Price ranges and dates for (non-discounted) future sales of weekend tickets and single-session tickets already are on the visitwichita page ..

The visitwichita page has been updated with more specific pricing information for future ticket options.
And a link to the seating map has been added.
Inexpensive P4 Level single-session tickets apparently will be available in September for senior competition. (Although P4 is not indicated on seating map.)

Senior Single-Session Tickets (See championship-level athletes compete Thurs-Sun)
On sale Sept. 19, 2024 | Groups of 20+ may begin purchasing tickets mid-July
P1 Level Seats: $100-$125
P2 Level Seats: $50-$60
P3 Level Seats: $25-$30
P4 Level Seats: $15-$20

Junior Single-Session Tickets (See the next generation of elite skaters compete Tue-Thurs)
On sale Dec. 5, 2024
P1 Level Seats: $40
P2 Level Seats: $25
P3 Level Seats: $15

Weekend Tickets (See all six senior-level skating sessions from Fri-Sun)
On sale July 11, 2024
P1 Level Seats (with Skating Spectacular): $700
P1 Level Seats (without Skating Spectacular): $600
P2 Level Seats (with Skating Spectacular): $340
P2 Level Seats (without Skating Spectacular): $290
P3 Level Seats (with Skating Spectacular): $170
P3 Level Seats (without Skating Spectacular): $145

https://www.visitwichita.com/usfs-championships

ETA:​

If easier to remember, 2025uschampionships.com redirects to the visitwichita Nats page.

And visitwichita now has FAQ for Nats:​

I forgot before that this thread also is for 2024 Skate America, which has a new USFS event page as well.
Ticket sales don't start until June, and it's too early for the page to have much information yet, but the link is:​

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information