2021 NFL Thread

ilovepaydays

Round 1 of the 2021 NFL Draft has started tonight! I’m watching on ESPN! 🍕 🍺 🏈

2021 NFL Draft Tracker on NFL.com

The big story tonight is what happens with the top quarterbacks: Trevor Lawrence (Clemson), Zack Wilson (BYU), Trey Lance (North Dakota State), Mac Jones (Alabama), and Justin Fields (Ohio State).

Anyone else watching? What are you the most excited to see? 😃

ilovepaydays

When was the last time the Jacksonville Jaguars DIDN’T have the first pick in Round 1? They know what having the very first pick meant, right? 😆

I like how ESPN is showing the happy fans for each team as much as possible.

During each team’s pick, Roger Goddell is having a random fan from each team sit in the “famous” chair that he sat in during last year’s draft when he had to present from his basement. Not sure yet if I like this.

ilovepaydays

Zach Wilson (QB - BYU) went #2 to the New York Jets. The Jets also have a second pick (#23) in the first round.

#3 pick is Trey Lance (QB - North Dakota State). What an opportunity for both the 49ers and Lance.

ilovepaydays

So far, no surprises early in Round 1. I get the excitement because the earlier you get picked in each round, the more $$$$$ you make. But most of those teams are early because they, um, didn’t do as well.........

ilovepaydays

I can’t believe Mac Jones (QB - Alabama) is still available. How low is he going to go?

EDIT: Never mind, Mac Jones just went at #15 and is now one of the New England Patriots.

Where did these guys that are going on stage get these suits?

Last edited:

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
Justin Herbert does NOT look happy being picked at #11 by Da Bears.

Justin Fields ;) (And he's not one to show his emotions all the time off the field so I wouldn't take that for his overall reaction. He seems genuinely excited about being drafted and heading to Chicago. Sorry to barge in here but I'm a longtime Buckeye fan and couldn't pass this by, LOL :lol: )

VALuvsMKwan

Codger level achieved
Justin Fields ;) (And he's not one to show his emotions all the time off the field so I wouldn't take that for his overall reaction. He seems genuinely excited about being drafted and heading to Chicago. Sorry to barge in here but I'm a longtime Buckeye fan and couldn't pass this by, LOL :lol: )
Oops, sorry (appropriate last name for a football player as well).

HeatherC

Searching for Sanity
^^^^No worries. There actually is a Justin Herbert in the NFL (QB for the LA Chargers) which is why seeing his name here really threw me off (he was drafted last year), LOL :rofl: (And for the record, I had no idea which team he was with but this is why I use Google, LOL)

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
So Aaron Rodgers is allegedly disgruntled in Green Bay and wants a trade. He may or may not be threatening to hold out / retire.

Just heard a commentator compare this situation to Prince Harry stepping down as an active royal.

Cachoo

The Cowboys and Steelers tonight on FOX in the Hall of Fame game. IS IT THAT TIME ALREADY?

Doggygirl

Banned Member
Anybody else excited for the start of the season???? :cheer2: :cheer2: :cheer2:

My brother lives in Jacksonville FL so was giving me some of the local gossip on Trevor Lawrence, Coach Urban, etc. etc. He told me that some in his circle have started referring to Trevor as "Fabio" and I just can't unhear that! :lol:

I'm a Bears fan at heart (home team) but am also a holdover Tampa Bay fan from my years living in that area. So go Bears and Go Bucs! :kickass:

myhoneyhoney

I love football, it reminds me of my late Grandpa, he was a HUGE Niner fan. I remember the Niners were scheduled to play a playoff game at the same time as Grandpa's wake/viewing. Grandma asked my Dad and Uncles to bring a small TV so the game can be on for Grandpa. Like they were gonna argue with that. 🤣

Because of Grandpa, just hearing the game on tv while I cook dinner is comforting. I'm still a Niners fan but I cheer for the Chiefs too. That Niner and Chiefs Superbowl was a treat!

Doggygirl

Banned Member
Best quote about the Week 3 Chicago Bears embarrassment: "That was like getting doused with cold water when you are already under a wet blanket."

Nuff Said.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
@Doggygirl have they seen Urban Meyer's latest video?

I'm not going to watch it because I don't want to have that image in my head for the rest of my life.

Cachoo

Best quote about the Week 3 Chicago Bears embarrassment: "That was like getting doused with cold water when you are already under a wet blanket."

Nuff Said.
The rookie quarterbacks had a rough week. I wish they could sit out the first year, with only occasional snaps, so they can learn and adjust out of the spotlight.

Doggygirl

Banned Member
The rookie quarterbacks had a rough week. I wish they could sit out the first year, with only occasional snaps, so they can learn and adjust out of the spotlight.
I'm glad the rookies overall had a better week (and nobody got crushed and died!). I don't mind rookies beting allowed to play - they have to enter the game sometime. I do think it's bad that they have no control over what team they end up on, and they potentially end up under a shit coach who doesn't know how to develop an offensive plan to protect them. (Nagy / Fields in week 3 as one example) Short term risk: career ending injury. Long term risk: Career potential is never realized (I would love to ask Mitch Trubisky about that!).

Cachoo

I'm glad the rookies overall had a better week (and nobody got crushed and died!). I don't mind rookies beting allowed to play - they have to enter the game sometime. I do think it's bad that they have no control over what team they end up on, and they potentially end up under a shit coach who doesn't know how to develop an offensive plan to protect them. (Nagy / Fields in week 3 as one example) Short term risk: career ending injury. Long term risk: Career potential is never realized (I would love to ask Mitch Trubisky about that!).
Yeah, much better this week. There are so many gifted young and a few gifted old QB's in the NFL right now. I watch any Chiefs game first but I have my tv floating to NFL RedZone whenever possible to see how everyone is doing each week.

Doggygirl

Banned Member
Yeah, much better this week. There are so many gifted young and a few gifted old QB's in the NFL right now. I watch any Chiefs game first but I have my tv floating to NFL RedZone whenever possible to see how everyone is doing each week.
Mahomes is amazing. There really are a lot of good QB's right now. I wish the games weren't all on at once, with minor exception!

Cachoo

Mahomes, Kelsy and Hill played much better on Sunday.
True. But that Defense (YIKES!) I don't know what to make of this season so far. The Rams looked unstoppable and then Arizona waylaid them. I thought Green Bay might be weak this year but other than that first awful game they've been great. The Bills lose to the Steelers but now they look invincible. The playoffs might be very exciting this year.

Doggygirl

Banned Member
I am team Zoe Jones, Deanna Stellato-Dudek, and Tom Brady. The "old people" teams LOL! :lol: The Bucs and Tom have not been setting my world on fire this season so far.... But I'm glad they won last Sunday night.

And the Bears?? Sigh. That's my home team but right now I can't bring myself to put on the shirt....

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information