2023 U.S. Stars on Ice tour (May 20-June 4) with international cast

SkateSand

Cat Servant
It looks like there is a San Jose Stars on Ice show scheduled for May 21st at the SAP Center. Tickets are on sale now (presale) on Ticketmaster. Weird that the Stars on Ice website doesn't have it listed yet except that I guess they don't want to interfere with Nationals tickets still being sold?

Edited to add: well, of course, now it's listed on the SOI site. :lol:

Last edited:

barbk

It looks like 90% of the seats are still available for the Palm Springs show. I wonder if it will get canceled. Even more, why they chose Palm Springs on the Friday of Memorial Day weekend? It seems an odd choice.

livetoskate

Not scheduled to come anywhere near my state. Sad face.
I'm sad it's not coming to Greensboro like last year but can understand why. Last year, the arena was maybe 1/4 to 1/3 full. The thought of driving up to Baltimore crossed my mind, but with the traffic and crime around Baltimore, I won't be making the trip. Hope there will be some fan cam footage later.

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Wow, what a difference 30 minutes makes. The show can breathe! Unfortunately, nearly everyone chose to be really bad at comedy, so this would have been better as a 60 minute show. Selena and Mistress were lucky as they were less bad than Marcia3 and team SashAnetra. So we’re down to 6 and the preview showed a continuation of Everybody Hates Loosey storyline.

Sylvia

TBD
^^^ @Aceon6, I think you meant to post in the RPDR thread in OTBT. ;)

It looks like there is a San Jose Stars on Ice show scheduled for May 21st at the SAP Center. Tickets are on sale now (presale) on Ticketmaster.
So 8 shows in the 2023 U.S. SOI tour: https://www.starsonice.com/buy-tickets

Saturday, MAY 20, 2023
7:30 PM
ANAHEIM, CA
HONDA CENTER

Sunday, MAY 21, 2023
4:00 PM
SAN JOSE, CA
SAP CENTER AT SAN JOSE

Tuesday, MAY 23, 2023
7:00 PM
SEATTLE, WA
CLIMATE PLEDGE ARENA

Friday, MAY 26, 2023
PALM SPRINGS, CA
ACRISURE ARENA (new)

Tuesday, MAY 30, 2023 (Memorial Day is May 29)
CHICAGO, IL
ALLSTATE ARENA

Thursday, JUNE 2, 2023
BALTIMORE, MD
CFG BANK ARENA

Friday, JUNE 3, 2023
BOSTON, MA
AGGANIS ARENA

Saturday, JUNE 4, 2023
HERSHEY, PA
GIANT CENTER

Last edited:

skipaway

Wow, what a difference 30 minutes makes. The show can breathe! Unfortunately, nearly everyone chose to be really bad at comedy, so this would have been better as a 60 minute show. Selena and Mistress were lucky as they were less bad than Marcia3 and team SashAnetra. So we’re down to 6 and the preview showed a continuation of Everybody Hates Loosey storyline.
I don’t understand this post!
?

Sylvia

TBD
May 3rd press release for the Seattle show on May 23: https://www.sportspagemagazine.com/...-to-revive-memories-of-his-olympic-greatness/

"Olympic Champion Nathan Chen ... first-time champions 18-year old Ilia Malinin and 16-year old Isabeau Levito, Alexa Knierim & Brandon Frazier and newly-crowned 2023 World Champions Madison Chock & Evan Bates. Plus, for the first time since 2012, Canadian figure skating icon Kurt Browning will bring his fancy footwork and ever-popular antics for his 30th and final Stars on Ice tour."

Full cast:
Nathan Chen
Kurt Browning
Madison Chock & Evan Bates
Alexa Knierim & Brandon Frazier
Piper Gilles & Paul Poirier
Loena Hendrickx
Jason Brown
Satoko Miyahara
Ilia Malinin
Isabeau Levito
Alissa Czisny

Sylvia

TBD
" ... our partners at the Honda Center are furnishing some tickets for a lucky KTLA viewer to win. Text STARS, ICE or NATHAN to 515151 for your chance to win two tickets to see “Stars On Ice” featuring Olympic champion Nathan Chen and many more, live at the Honda Center on Saturday, May 20th."

Behind the Baltimore Sun paywall:

Sylvia

TBD
^^^ Thanks - re-posting my corrected days of the week for the final 3 cities in my post #42: https://www.starsonice.com/buy-tickets

Saturday, MAY 20, 2023
ANAHEIM, CA
HONDA CENTER

Sunday, MAY 21, 2023
SAN JOSE, CA
SAP CENTER AT SAN JOSE

Tuesday, MAY 23, 2023
SEATTLE, WA
CLIMATE PLEDGE ARENA

Friday, MAY 26, 2023
PALM SPRINGS, CA
ACRISURE ARENA

Tuesday, MAY 30, 2023 (Memorial Day is May 29)
CHICAGO, IL
ALLSTATE ARENA

Friday, JUNE 2, 2023
BALTIMORE, MD
CFG BANK ARENA

Saturday, JUNE 3, 2023
BOSTON, MA
AGGANIS ARENA

Sunday, JUNE 4, 2023
HERSHEY, PA
GIANT CENTER

Last edited:

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Now that COVID is officially over…will there be normal MEET AND GREETS again this year? Last year’s far-away situation was ridiculous.

Frau Muller

Still waiting for details on this year’s MEET AND GREET situation, please. Has anyone experienced them in this year’s Canadian tour? Selfies with stars allowed, for ex? Thanks in advance!

Page/rules:
Second paragraph on health and safety…SOI being able to modify conditions based on health situations…

Last edited:

alizadavida

Still waiting for details on this year’s MEET AND GREET situation, please. Has anyone experienced them in this year’s Canadian tour? Selfies with stars allowed, for ex? Thanks in advance!

Page/rules:
Second paragraph on health and safety…SOI being able to modify conditions based on health situations…
You could get selfies with them last year - I got them but they were behind the table and I heard the same was true for this year.

Allskate

Question. There's only one day off in between the Canadian tour and the U.S. tour and many of the skaters obviously have to travel. So, do the skaters joining the tour in the U.S., like Nathan, Isabeau, and Ilia, have one day to learn the group numbers? Or, do they go to Canada and learn the group numbers there before the U.S. tour starts?

sheetz

The choreo for this year's group numbers is very simple compared to previous years so someone like Nathan, who has lots of experience with Jeff's programs, would likely be able to learn the moves in one day.

As for the other two it's not a requirement that they be in every one of them, or any of them at all. For example, in the Japan shows Ilia was only in one of the group numbers, and the number that he was in is not being performed in the North American shows.

Last edited:

Frau Muller

You could get selfies with them last year - I got them but they were behind the table and I heard the same was true for this year.

“Behind the table” is not great. The first photo that Sylvia linked, with a skater (Brown) next to a fan, is much nicer.

sheetz

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information