2024 Eurovision Grand Final - Finally Facing Our Waterloo?

Debbie S

Israel won the public vote for non-musical reasons. I’m glad they didn’t win, it would have been a colossal shitshow. But I hope poor Eden gets at least a week at the world’s best spa.
Their low jury points were also for non-musical reasons.

Eden is a great talent. I hope after some rest, she gets some good opportunities.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
Israel won the public vote for non-musical reasons. I’m glad they didn’t win, it would have been a colossal shitshow. But I hope poor Eden gets at least a week at the world’s best spa.
Not disputing that, just curious to see the voting breakdown because to win the public vote with 375 votes from 37 voting entities she could have to be getting decent points (8+) from everyone and THAT surprises me. So I am curious to see the breakdown because I don't think that is possible so I am missing something.

airgelaal

I honestly don’t get the constant rant. Croatia was the heavy favorite before the night even started. It was all the juries boosting Switzerland up that made it the big surprise, not the start order. 🤷🏼‍♂️
But we could have gotten more, so the producers put us in 2nd place, not Switzerland and Croatia.

my little pony

polishing Madison Hubbell's OGM
they didnt have low jury votes though, they were on the left side of the leaderboard in an above average year.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
If you want to know how farcical this year’s Eurovision has been, the public televote in Ireland gave 10 to Israel. :rofl:
This is what I am saying. That surprises me, especially considering the issues between Irish and Israeli delegations. 🤷‍♀️

airgelaal

You cannot say that for sure. Just let it go.
Ukraine in 2nd place received 307 points
Switzerland is in 23rd place with only 226 points. I have no doubt that in 2nd place he would have received even less and that is why he would never have been put there. The organizers needed a victory for Switzerland, Croatia or even France. But neither Ukraine nor Israel. They tried really hard
We didn't need to win, we just don't like being considered idiots.

airgelaal

I look at the detailed results and feel sad again. For the second year in a row, the winner has completely unconvincing results from the audience, but an astronomical gap from the jury. It is not right...

Asli

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
So in Semi 2 the top finishers were:
1. Israel 194 pts
2. Netherlands 182 pts
3. Armenia 137 pts
4. Switzerland 132 pts

Will be really interesting for more details on the DQ. They could have done really really well tonight I think so I really hope it was a justified disqualification and that what he did leaves no questions this was the right call.

airgelaal

So in Semi 2 the top finishers were:
1. Israel 194 pts
2. Netherlands 182 pts

3. Armenia 137 pts
4. Switzerland 132 pts

Will be really interesting for more details on the DQ. They could have done really really well tonight I think so I really hope it was a justified disqualification and that what he did leaves no questions this was the right call.
And, what’s most interesting, the producers put them next to each other in the finale. Does anyone still think that this is all a coincidence?

Asli

Yes, disqualification is a very extreme reaction and there hasn't been a detailed explanation.
Other competitors have broken Eurovision rules at this competition. For instance the French and Irish singers making political declarations during the competition week. There haven't been any sanctions against them, let alone disqualification.

Last edited:

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
Ukraine in 2nd place received 307 points
Switzerland is in 23rd place with only 226 points. I have no doubt that in 2nd place he would have received even less and that is why he would never have been put there. The organizers needed a victory for Switzerland, Croatia or even France. But neither Ukraine nor Israel. They tried really hard
We didn't need to win, we just don't like being considered idiots.
So Ukraine can never be put in what is perceived to be a bad running order is what you are saying. Let’s all think about that.

allezfred

In A Fake Snowball Fight
I look at the detailed results and feel sad again. For the second year in a row, the winner has completely unconvincing results from the audience, but an astronomical gap from the jury. It is not right...
The winner last year was a worldwide hit and far outsold the televote winner. I think the right song won last year.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information