2024 Eurovision Semi 2 - Will We Rave?

kosjenka

Pogorilaya’s fairy godmother
And? What prevented them from putting Croatia second and Ukraine 23rd? I am 110% sure that they would never put Croatia second.
On basis of what are you sure of this? What do you know about how producers are working with to make any of the conclusions?

kosjenka

Pogorilaya’s fairy godmother
Moroccan oil being main sponsor is not brought up as an issue bc it is an Israeli company.

Interesting how it is cool to take all the money and then bitch about it. Sounds like a my generation thing.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
And this is probably the first time that I agree with this, although for a different reason :rolleyes:
Had no idea about her Russian background and collaboration. Since she is being called Genocide Barbie, I don’t think that’s any part of why she’s being protested.

Ananas Astra

Get woke, go broke!
Had no idea about her Russian background and collaboration. Since she is being called Genocide Barbie, I don’t think that’s any part of why she’s being protested.
Her father is a Latvian Jew and her mother is of Ukrainian Jewish descent. Her parents left the Soviet Union and Eden was born in Israel. When she was little, her family moved to Moscow for 13 years and she participated in the Russian "The Voice Kids" 6 years ago.
Eden holds dual citizenship, but she is not "really" Russian.

airgelaal

Her father is a Latvian Jew and her mother is of Ukrainian Jewish descent. Her parents left the Soviet Union and Eden was born in Israel. When she was little, her family moved to Moscow for 13 years and she participated in the Russian "The Voice Kids" 6 years ago.
Eden holds dual citizenship, but she is not "really" Russian.
Sorry, but it's not that simple. She, of course, has already cleaned everything she could, but even now you can find a lot. An amazing desire to ignore all of her russian past. And she lived 2/3 of her life in russia. And, of course, it’s hard to forget that she performed in occupied Crimea in the same year when Jamala won with the song 1944. Jamala cannot go to her home, but Eden was happy to go there illegally. With such cynicism, she can't play the victim, I don't believe her.

MsZem

I see the sea
Sorry, but it's not that simple. She, of course, has already cleaned everything she could, but even now you can find a lot. An amazing desire to ignore all of her russian past. And she lived 2/3 of her life in russia. And, of course, it’s hard to forget that she performed in occupied Crimea in the same year when Jamala won with the song 1944. Jamala cannot go to her home, but Eden was happy to go there illegally. With such cynicism, she can't play the victim, I don't believe her.
Oh fine, I'll come back for this: Eden Golan was twelve at the time.

She's dealt with a ton of hatred and bullying gracefully. Some of her fellow performers should take note.

airgelaal

Oh fine, I'll come back for this: Eden Golan was twelve at the time.

She's dealt with a ton of hatred and bullying gracefully. Some of her fellow performers should take note.
So what?
At 12, she didn’t know that she was illegally in Crimea? Was she brought there by force? Did her parents force her? I don’t remember her blaming her parents for anything. She still actively IGNORES this issue as a war between russia and Ukraine. Because her parents still have a business in russia.
She's a hypocrite. As do those who oppose her simply because she represents Israel.

airgelaal

I want to say right away that I am not against Israel. I find the behavior of pro-Palestinian activists and all those who agree with it disgusting.
I am against Eden. I would also like to note that there is a lot of video evidence of the disgusting behavior of the Israeli delegation and Israeli journalists. I understand that it is not easy to work in such conditions, but if you were not ready for this, then you should not have participated. Insulting and harassing other competitors is no better.

miffy

Bad Brit
Staff member
I read the jury had voted on The Netherlands using their semi final performance instead of the jury vote. So I assume their points will get taken out now? & I’m guessing it’s too late to replace them as the jury vote has been done?

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
Now that it is known why the Netherlands is disqualified, how long do we need to wait to hear how this is all Israel’s fault?
It's not completely know why though is it? Just that some incident occurred involving a female stage worker where she made a complaint to EBU and police. Some say it was a threat, some say physical. Dutch say they feel the punishment is disproportionate to what happened (which would be surprising to say if he physically hit someone?). The same Dutch sources that said it wasn't physical also say it had nothing to do with Israeli delegation.

But that will get lost amongst all the various rumours out there. But I don't think the behaviour of some of the Israeli media there, that is on video, does them any favours when it comes to people thinking they are involved.

Which brings me to wonder what incident occurred that caused Bambi to miss the flag parade (read her instagram story):

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
I don't think it will be that confusing? I always look at the number on the screen when I call to vote and I think anyone that actually votes will have heard about the NL drama.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them
People who are actually going to vote have already been sharing the number to vote since the finale list was released.

And for the others, well, if you can’t read the screen in one of the 5000 times they will show it, then that’s on you. But I’m sure somewhere, some set of people will still melt down.

Israel is now second in the odds on favorite to win polls. I don’t see how they are going to get the jury votes to do it, but I won’t be all that surprised if their audience vote is astronomical.

tony

I wish they would just cancel the rest of the world vote this year.
For what? It’s a whopping 12 points maximum, same as every other individual country gets in their own voting. Israel won’t be getting their massive boost from the ‘rest of the world’.

marbri

Hey, Kool-Aid!
For what? It’s a whopping 12 points maximum, same as every other individual country gets in their own voting. Israel won’t be getting their massive boost from the ‘rest of the world’.
For one, the rest of the world isn't in this competition....

tony

For one, the rest of the world isn't in this competition....
So then I guess I don’t understand what the ‘this year’ was in reference to, unless there’s a for two coming up. 🤷🏼‍♂️

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information