ARE WE KIN TO SKATERS FROM HISTORY?

FSWer

Say,I've always wondered that about myself. Because my family goes back as far as 1908. Would there be any way to track it?

purple skates

Shadow Dancing
The only thing I could think of would be to check Ancestry.com, but I think you'd have to have a particular skater in mind - like you suspect they are in your family tree but need to verify.

Yazmeen

All we are saying, is give peace a chance
And one warning - the search services like ancestry.com may allow a brief look for free, but they then cost money that can go into hundreds of dollars (for example, my grandparents on both sides came from Eastern Europe, and if I used this service, it would be $99 just to dig into ancestors in the US but increase to $149 as soon as the search went into Europe, which it would because they came from Slovakia and Hungary).

FSWer

I was wondering if I actually could have had Skaters from History somewhere in my family. But...LOL.,your right Yazmeen. You probially need a stupid Credit Card just to get on the site. My Grandma was born in 1908. So it makes me wonder.

Yazmeen

My Mom was born in 1913, I was a late in life baby, she had me when she was 45. My parents did go to Eastern Europe to meet our relatives in the 1970s but they left my brother and me no contact information on these folks before they passed away, which is sad. I have a found a few relatives online, but mostly because my maiden name is a bit unusual.

It would be fun though to find another skater in the family!

FSWer

I wonder too,if your Grandparents would have needed to be born in England were Skating came from? Or just from the era?

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
@FSWer there was skating in lots of countries other than England - maybe not skating or lessons in rinks or competitions, but people still doing skating. There are paintings that show people skating outside on frozen canals in Holland in the 16th century.

Last edited:

Yazmeen

While a skater's offspring may skate or even turn out to be competitive skaters, they often don't repeat the story or success of Mom and/or Dad. We've seen that more than once.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information