Articles, Practice reports, Predictions, general chatter

Hedwig

Antique member
Predictions - hm, hard

Women
Loena Hendrixx
Nina Pinzarrone
(and how cool would that be to have two women from Belgium on the podium?)
Kimmie Repond

Men
Adam
Matteo
Nikolaj

Pairs
Hase/Volodin
Conti/Macii
Metelkina/Berulava

Ice Dance
there I am in no teknik and give no predictions
But I will cheer for Orihara/Pirinen, even though they likely won't medal.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Ricoโ€ฆWith Love! Not LatinX!
Pairs - Hase/Volodin and Metelkina/Berulava

Men - Fa, Memola, and Afro-beat Britschgi

Women - Pinzarrone, Repond, and Hendrick

Dance - Guignard/Fabbri, Turkkila/Versluis, and Fear/Gibson

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
Went to a men practice on Monday:
Siao Him Fa was all over the place, hardly landed anything, his free leg is bent in the knee and he opens in the middle of the jump
Rizzo looked solid
Memola didn't land much, was chasing a 3A with no.success
Frangipani.was ok, loved the programme
Aymoz did his lP, the.programme is amazing, wish he was skating in his practice costume.
Samoilov had something that supports his back. His jumps are ENORMOUS.
Litvintsev is tiny and incredibly soft and elegant
Brigschi looked very confident and all around great.
Vasiljevs fell from a 4s several.times, the 3a didnt really happen either. A 3lz3t was nice

Economides' SP is pure genious. Not sure whether he'll pull it when it matters, but the programme, the skating, the emotions are excrptional

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
Here's the (machine) translation of Camille's full Instagram post:
We had a lot of messages of support yesterday after our short program and many worried about not seeing me on the kiss and cry.
Firstly we would like to thank you for your support.
To give you some explanations,
been very sick since Monday night probably stomach bug. So I can't eat or sleep properly anymore. We tried to adapt the training best so that we can compete and hope my health improves till the last minute...
Unfortunately it was very difficult yesterday to keep the program short and I was exhausted. After consulting with the whole team (medical, trainer and federal) the decision was made this morning after the warm up floor not to skate today in order not to endanger my health. So the competition ends there for us.
La dรฉception est รฉnorme car nous nous sommes prรฉparรฉs et nous ne pouvons pas montrer notre travail.

We will now rest and recover so we can resume training as soon as possible when we get back to France.

This time the top of the mountain was too high and we couldn't reach it. But we don't give up anyway.

Thank you to our coaches present on site and those at a distance for your support. Thanks to the entire medical team present for doing their best in this situation.
Thank you all for your heart warming messages in this difficult time.

skatingguy

decently
I hope the ISU will see this as a success and use Chris again. I like Chris and all his sayings :D
They used Chris last year for the European Championships, and he also did Skate America this season. I think they've heard the feedback about how much people enjoy Mark Hanretty's commentary, and so he's the got to, but obviously Mark's not available all the time so Chris is decent replacement. I hope that Belinda Noonan is back to do world's with Mark again, because they were great last year.

Hedwig

Antique member
They used Chris last year for the European Championships, and he also did Skate America this season. I think they've heard the feedback about how much people enjoy Mark Hanretty's commentary, and so he's the got to, but obviously Mark's not available all the time so Chris is decent replacement. I hope that Belinda Noonan is back to do world's with Mark again, because they were great last year.
Mark with Belinda is my favorite pairing as well. And one where I actually prefer commentary to no commentary which is normally never.

skatingguy

decently
Multiple Entries for 2025 European Figure Skating Championships

Men
3 Entries ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น
2 Entries ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฟ ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡ป ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ฑ ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ญ

Women
3 Entries ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ญ
2 Entries ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ฎ ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ด

Pairs
3 Entries ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น
2 Entries ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง ๐Ÿ‡ญ๐Ÿ‡บ ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฑ ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ฑ
Note: I'm not sure about the 2 entries for France. Reading the ISU rules, pg 26 link below, it addresses a withdrawal of a skater(s) in the top 10 after the short program/rhythm dance, and implies that other skater(s) who withdraw are given points according to where they would have finished. If I'm understanding the wording the Kovalevs are 16 points by making the free skate, and so that would give France two entries next year.

Ice Dance
3 Entries ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท
2 Entries ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฟ ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ฎ ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡น

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Multiple Entries for 2025 European Figure Skating Championships

Men
3 Entries ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น
2 Entries ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฟ ๐Ÿ‡ช๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡ป ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ฑ ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ญ

Women
3 Entries ๐Ÿ‡ง๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ญ
2 Entries ๐Ÿ‡ฆ๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ฎ ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ท๐Ÿ‡ด

Pairs
3 Entries ๐Ÿ‡ฉ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น
2 Entries ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง ๐Ÿ‡ญ๐Ÿ‡บ ๐Ÿ‡ณ๐Ÿ‡ฑ ๐Ÿ‡ต๐Ÿ‡ฑ
Note: I'm not sure about the 2 entries for France. Reading the ISU rules, pg 26 link below, it addresses a withdrawal of a skater(s) in the top 10 after the short program/rhythm dance, and implies that other skater(s) who withdraw are given points according to where they would have finished. If I'm understanding the wording the Kovalevs are 16 points by making the free skate, and so that would give France two entries next year.

Ice Dance
3 Entries ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ท
2 Entries ๐Ÿ‡จ๐Ÿ‡ฟ ๐Ÿ‡ซ๐Ÿ‡ฎ ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ง ๐Ÿ‡ฌ๐Ÿ‡ช ๐Ÿ‡ฎ๐Ÿ‡น ๐Ÿ‡ฑ๐Ÿ‡น
You are correct about France having 2 pairs teams next season.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information