Craig Simpson & Jamie Sale

Amy L

Just a note for the other "free thinkers" out there: if your beliefs make it to where you lose custody of your children, and you're fine with it because they won't join your group, you are in a damn cult.

Judy

I suspect her ex-husbands probably already have if they are the ones who have now received primary custody.
It’s really difficult to remove joint custody. i know a divorced couple went to court in Ottawa fighting for the dad’s right to have the child vaccinated. She called some crazy witnesses to testify. The dad won with the vaccination.

it just creates a nightmarish and extremely expensive battle.

tylersf

Sometimes, you need to be careful about the narrative that you choose to believe. Selecting a harmful or negative one can make your life very difficult. The adage, "You create your own reality" does come into play.
I hope Jamie chooses wisely.

Yogadgaf

How unbelievably sad. She didn't have an "awakening" in February 2021, she had a breakdown.
I won't subscribe to the wacko site she interviewed for, so I only know what I read here... Did she lose custody of the little girl, the younger child? Or is she in a battle for custody with Craig Simpson? What a total shitshow...

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
Have you ever thought about the fact she may just be a free thinker? People are so fast to cast stones at her because she doesn't follow the heard. If you were true fans you would let her live her life and continue to live your own personal life rather than sit around posting your speculations on a public forum. Puh-leas
Sometimes, you need to be careful about the narrative that you choose to believe. Selecting a harmful or negative one can make your life very difficult. The adage, "You create your own reality" does come into play.
I hope Jamie chooses wisely.
Exactly. She has gone so far in the rabbit hole, it's sad. People often don't realize how much damage they cause. I only hope her children are okay. It's a mental illness.

honey

How unbelievably sad. She didn't have an "awakening" in February 2021, she had a breakdown.
I won't subscribe to the wacko site she interviewed for, so I only know what I read here... Did she lose custody of the little girl, the younger child? Or is she in a battle for custody with Craig Simpson? What a total shitshow...
Curiosity got the better of me and I watched the video. I got the impression that her daughter may have been there? She looked to have talked to someone off camera quickly anyway. I just had the impression it was a child, but of course could be wrong.

Craig made a comment on Twitter back in January or February when responding to someone who asked why he hadn’t been commentating that weekend that said something like “I was allowed time off to spend time with my young daughter”. The way it was worded definitely caught my attention and I’ve wondered ever since about how their daughter is in the middle of all of this. I believe she is only 7 or 8.

quartz

scratching at the light
The people in my life with complete whack-job political opinions are thankfully few, however, they are very loud, very aggressive, and very tenacious. They never shut up. One of them equals about 100 not whack-job people in terms of how much attention they demand and bring to themselves.

Judy

I never got the impression that Canadians w/ complete whack-job political opinions existed in any significant numbers. Y'all seem so nice and low-key ... compared to your southern neighbors
I think there is a portion of it everywhere in any country. Thankfully it’s nobody in my family, neighbour or friends. If it was my immediate family I have no idea what I would do but 🙏 I don’t.

Andora

Skating season ends as baseball season begins
I think the saddest part for me is the report she's so... accepting of her son not speaking to her? I have many misgivings about Ms. Sale, but I didn't think her ego would be so out of hand, she'd choose bullshit over her son. I mean, how does he get to see his sister? It's all just very sad.

Have you ever thought about the fact she may just be a free thinker? People are so fast to cast stones at her because she doesn't follow the heard. If you were true fans you would let her live her life and continue to live your own personal life rather than sit around posting your speculations on a public forum. Puh-lease!

I legit snort-laughed at this and hurt my throat, so now I'm annoyed. :lol:

I will grant you people can be quick to cast stones at Jamie, but I also have to admit it's because she's not made life easy for herself over the years. What was once plucky, Canadian cheerfulness quickly eroded post SLC to a privileged yet completely incurious/clueless attitude steeped with over self-importance. I go back to her comments about Johnny Weir after Vancouver, or how she managed to insert herself in another situation with a married man when she got together with Craig-- I mean, that was a questionable timeline at best.

All of this is to say, she's never given the impression she's a free-thinker before, so I suggest finding another martyr to your adrenochrome cause.

The people in my life with complete whack-job political opinions are thankfully few, however, they are very loud, very aggressive, and very tenacious. They never shut up. One of them equals about 100 not whack-job people in terms of how much attention they demand and bring to themselves.

I think this perspective nails it. I find it's so easy to engage with that narrow but fervent subsect of the population because it's like a calling card for them. It's a constant stream of bullshit.

I am regularly concerned that their numbers will grow. I almost wrote "if we're not careful" but I'm not sure how we can "carefully" keep people from going off the deep end.

You must not know anything about ice hockey. :lol:

And there's that. :lol:

soogar

I think the saddest part for me is the report she's so... accepting of her son not speaking to her? I have many misgivings about Ms. Sale, but I didn't think her ego would be so out of hand, she'd choose bullshit over her son. I mean, how does he get to see his sister? It's all just very sad.

I will grant you people can be quick to cast stones at Jamie, but I also have to admit it's because she's not made life easy for herself over the years. What was once plucky, Canadian cheerfulness quickly eroded post SLC to a privileged yet completely incurious/clueless attitude steeped with over self-importance. I go back to her comments about Johnny Weir after Vancouver, or how she managed to insert herself in another situation with a married man when she got together with Craig-- I mean, that was a questionable timeline at best.

:lol:
I would say that the married man "inserted himself" with her. 🙄

I hated Jaime Sale's behavior in SLC, but I feel a lot of sadness for her, because isolation combined with the breakdown of a relationship are incredibly hard to handle. I wouldn't even be surprised if aging and perhaps perimenopause/aging are also contributing to her willingness to align herself with certain views. In that video, she seems to really be looking for some form of support with people like herself. Not necessarily political views, but women similarly situated. I don't know what her friend situation looks like in Canada, but it may not be so great if she so willing to put herself out there on Twitter and these podcasts.

Andora

I would say that the married man "inserted himself" with her. 🙄

100% - Craig is responsible for his marriage.

It's just that she seems to have a type. Or less bitchily, she's repeated mistakes.

canbelto

Well I liked Jamie pre-SLC and after SLC. I thought she was earthy and funny in her interviews. Her private life was ... complicated, but whatever.

The recent podcasts and IG material are a shock. She has this hardness in her face and her eyes. Sad.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
Jamie was prominently featured in the documentary that Tara Lipinski and her husband did. She talked extensively about her childhood, and it made me sad for her because it sounded like a lonely, anxiety filled life for her and her mom.

With her and others who get into this hard core and constant conspiracy filled world view, it's as if they are trying to find an enemy on which they can blame all their sadness, disappointment and lack of fulfillment.

Andora

Ageist and sexist much?

I don't think so - it can be a vulnerable time for someone whose value has been partially predicated on looks & abilities they had when they were young. I'm not sure about menopause, though, simply because I'm close to her in age and don't want to admit it. :lol:

I remember is an article about her and David retiring from show skating years ago when the SOI contract they were offered was "low" by their standards. My takeaway from the article was she couldn't get away from skating fast enough. I've gotten the impression she's conflicted on her own skating past, even before this.

I work in closed captioning and I CC'd an episode of "All Round Champion" last year where she was a mentor as kid athletes learned how to skate and perform in 2-3 days. (lol at that) What struck me was how great she was with them, not just basic coaching, but troubleshooting and coming up with ways to help each of them with such different problems. It's really too bad she had no interest in any kind of coaching, as she could have been quite good at it.

Lemonade20

If I agreed with you, we’d both be wrong.
I don't think so - it can be a vulnerable time for someone whose value has been partially predicated on looks & abilities they had when they were young. I'm not sure about menopause, though, simply because I'm close to her in age and don't want to admit it. :lol:

I remember is an article about her and David retiring from show skating years ago when the SOI contract they were offered was "low" by their standards. My takeaway from the article was she couldn't get away from skating fast enough. I've gotten the impression she's conflicted on her own skating past, even before this.

I work in closed captioning and I CC'd an episode of "All Round Champion" last year where she was a mentor as kid athletes learned how to skate and perform in 2-3 days. (lol at that) What struck me was how great she was with them, not just basic coaching, but troubleshooting and coming up with ways to help each of them with such different problems. It's really too bad she had no interest in any kind of coaching, as she could have been quite good at it.
I agree. Who you are at age 20 is not necessarily the same as who you are at 40. Jamie choose this, and unfortunately she believes in it so much, it didn't matter what consequences came with it. Some people mature, while others make very questionable choices in life.

Judy

I agree. Who you are at age 20 is not necessarily the same as who you are at 40. Jamie choose this, and unfortunately she believes in it so much, it didn't matter what consequences came with it. Some people mature, while others make very questionable choices in life.
I have NO idea who is vulnerable to this but definitely some are. Social media feeds it too and the genuine fake news like Fox and Rebel News I’m not even sure what description it falls under with mental illness. Delusions but .. I’m far from any type of expert.

soogar

Ageist and sexist much?
Excuse me, but I'm in Jaime's age group and am a woman. I definitely have seen and experienced feelings like hers. That's why I pointed it out. Stress can effect a woman's hormones. In fact, my doctor told me that many women have ceased menstruating during the pandemic due to stress. Dealing with break up, being locked down and being isolated can really take its toll on person. It's augmented even further because she is not working either.

I feel like her family can handle the situation a lot differently. I don't know what is going on with her son but he doesn't have to call her stupid. She's still his mother. I think that society encourages this kind of name calling, especially during this pandemic. It has gotten very intolerant out there.

I don't think going through menopause explains why there are so many men in Q-Anon :lol:
Men change a lot as they get older as well. They like to pretend that they don't but they do. Many people as they age become harder in their views. Even those who proclaim to be "open minded" are quite judgmental of those who don't share their views.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
Excuse me, but I'm in Jaime's age group and am a woman. I definitely have seen and experienced feelings like hers. That's why I pointed it out. Stress can effect a woman's hormones. In fact, my doctor told me that many women have ceased menstruating during the pandemic due to stress. Dealing with break up, being locked down and being isolated can really take its toll on person. It's augmented even further because she is not working either.

All of what you've mentioned can have different effects on different women. There's no reason to assume that what happened to you is also might what have happened to Jamie.
I feel like her family can handle the situation a lot differently. I don't know what is going on with her son but he doesn't have to call her stupid. She's still his mother. I think that society encourages this kind of name calling, especially during this pandemic. It has gotten very intolerant out there.

You mean "intolerant" like your not being willing to accept that Jamie might be wrong about all of this?

Maybe what's going on with her son is that he doesn't agree with her views and doesn't want his own health to be endangered by them.

Men change a lot as they get older as well. They like to pretend that they don't but they do. Many people as they age become harder in their views. Even those who proclaim to be "open minded" are quite judgmental of those who don't share their views.

"Many people" experiencing something doesn't mean that it's the cause of a specific person's behaviour.

soogar

All of what you've mentioned can have different effects on different women. There's no reason to assume that what happened to you is also might what have happened to Jamie.

You mean "intolerant" like your not being willing to accept that Jamie might be wrong about all of this?

"Many people" experiencing something doesn't mean that it's the cause of a specific person's behaviour.
So because it happened to me and others, it can’t possibly be an explanation for Jaime. The only explanation that seems applicable in your view is that Jaime is wrong and delusional, and that she can’t possibly be feeling the psychological effects of being locked down for so long during the pandemic or upset that her marriage broke up. Because it’s easier to lump Jaime with Q-anon instead of thinking about her as an individual.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
So because it happened to me and others, it can’t possibly be an explanation for Jaime. The only explanation that seems applicable in your view is that Jaime is wrong and delusional, and that she can’t possibly be feeling the psychological effects of being locked down for so long during the pandemic or upset that her marriage broke up. Because it’s easier to lump Jaime with Q-anon instead of thinking about her as an individual.

WTH are you talking about? Everything she's saying publicly is very Q-Anon. No one is labelling her that just to be mean or because they don't understand whatever it is she's going through.

Last edited:

soogar

WTH are you talking about? Everything she's saying publicly is very Q-Anon. No one is labelling her that just to be mean or because they don't understand what she's going through.
I thought the whole purpose of this thread was to talk about how Jaime fell down the Q-Anon rabbit hole. The whole premise of this thread is negative.

Judy

100% - Craig is responsible for his marriage.

It's just that she seems to have a type. Or less bitchily, she's repeated mistakes.
Both couples are responsible for a marriage break up aside from abuse etc.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information