DID YOU EVER WISH YOU COULD BE A SKATER ON TV.,AND WHAT DO YOU THINK IT MIGHT BE LIKE?

FSWer

Say,I may have asked this before. But I'll get an update...Is there anyone else her (besides me), who has ever wished they could be a Skater on TV.,and what do you think it might be like? Please include the Discipline(s) you have wished you could be a Skater on TV. in. For eg....I myself really wish I could be an Ice-Dancer on TV. As I believe that I would feel really warm with a Partner. I could never wait to show what I could do too!!! Anybody else!!?

Yazmeen

All we are saying, is give peace a chance
FSWer, I am a little confused what you mean by feeling "warm" with a partner. Do you mean showing off your skills as an ice dance pair together? Most ice dancers and pairs skaters are not couples or boyfriend-girlfriend in real life, they are just partners on ice who have similar skating skills and goals. In fact, there have been a few pairings where the couple had a lot of trouble getting along but they persevered and kept going because they were a good skating pair.

I have honestly never wanted to be a skater I've seen on TV - I just admire their skills and am inspired by them and that helps me persevere as a skater. I could never have their skills and talent, but they inspire me to do the best I can.

treesprite

I was on TV skating, in about 1986. It was on a show for kids. The people came to the rink where I used to work, and asked me to be on the show to give ice skating tips. It was recorded at an outdoor rink while it was snowing and only 23f degrees. I had to show on camera, this superhero guy how to fall and stand up, and basic stuff, and skate around with a bunch of little kids brought there by the show people. This was an outdoor rink with no warming area. I was wearing ski pants, but the super hero guy was in just tights and a cape. He had to be taken in an ambulance for hypothermia! Anyway, I no longer have the tape, because my stupid now-ex husband recorded a television show over it.

Last edited:

FSWer

I was on TV skating, in about 1986. It was on a show for kids. The people came to the rink where I used to work, and asked me to be on the show to give ice skating tips. It was recorded at an outdoor rink while it was snowing and only 23f degrees. I had to show on camera, this superhero guy how to fall and stand up, and basic stuff, and skate around with a bunch of little kids brought there by the show people. This was an outdoor rink with no warming area. I was wearing ski pants, but the super hero guy was in just tights and a cape. He had to be taken in an ambulance for hypothermia! Anyway, I no longer have the tape, because my stupid now-ex husband recorded a television show over it.

What show was this?

treesprite

It was a show called "Kids Vid" on the Prince George's County, MD Cable TV channel. Too long ago and too obscure to find information on the internet.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
I love watching skaters on TV, but I have never wanted to be one. I don't think many skaters start with the goal of being on TV - it just happens (E. G. being in a competition that's televised).

If someone's goal is to be on TV, there are other ways to get there that don't involve as much training and expense and hard work as skating.

gkelly

I did once skate on TV.

I had taken lessons for a few years in my early teens.

When I was in college, my father was making a commercial set in a skating rink, with an actress who had also taken a few years of lower-level lessons as a kid. They filmed the commercial in a skating rink and needed extras skating in the background to make it look like the actress was in the middle of a public session.

I got to be one of the extras in the background. I was supposed to do a spin. The only spin I could do consistently enough at that point was a basic scratch spin. They filmed about 50 takes of the actress saying her lines, and I had to spin in the background every time. It got pretty boring to do the same spin over and over again for several hours.

FSWer

I did once skate on TV.

I had taken lessons for a few years in my early teens.

When I was in college, my father was making a commercial set in a skating rink, with an actress who had also taken a few years of lower-level lessons as a kid. They filmed the commercial in a skating rink and needed extras skating in the background to make it look like the actress was in the middle of a public session.

I got to be one of the extras in the background. I was supposed to do a spin. The only spin I could do consistently enough at that point was a basic scratch spin. They filmed about 50 takes of the actress saying her lines, and I had to spin in the background every time. It got pretty boring to do the same spin over and over again for several hours.

What was it a commercial for? Who was the actress?

gkelly

The commercial was for a vitamin. The actress was not anyone famous -- I don't remember her name if I ever knew it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information