Explosion at Niagara Falls on U.S./Canada checkpoint

ilovepaydays

This is pretty funny though if you listen to the presidential candidate. He’d like to build a northern wall put a stop the underground tunnels being dug originating from Canada.

Vivek’s statements on various topics are discussed a bit in the Presidential campaign thread. I’ll just leave it at this: 1) Many Americans are concerned about national security and who’s coming into our country. I’m sure that Canadians have the same concern about their country as well, 2) The border between Canada and the USA is the longest international border in the world. It’s 2.8 times longer than the USA/Mexico border, if that tells you anything, and 3) Vivek is clearly either not understanding basic things or he’s intentionally selling a crock.

Judy

Vivek’s statements on various topics are discussed a bit in the Presidential campaign thread. I’ll just leave it at this: 1) Many Americans are concerned about national security and who’s coming into our country. I’m sure that Canadians have the same concern about their country as well, 2) The border between Canada and the USA is the longest international border in the world. It’s 2.8 times longer than the USA/Mexico border, if that tells you anything, and 3) Vivek is clearly either not understanding basic things or he’s intentionally selling a crock.
Sorry it wasn’t really a political thing for me though. But def drug dealers are not taking the time to build tunnels. Vivek is talking about fentanyl smuggling (Which is huge everywhere not just in the U.S.).

ilovepaydays

Fox News is reporting this as an attempted terror attack.

Statement from FBI - Buffalo.

Update from Bill Melugin (Fox News)

It apparently was a car full of explosives and the two men inside are dead. No word yet from CBP 🇺🇸 or 🇨🇦 on any other injuries.

The NY Intelligence Bulletin had just issued this terror alert last night with New York state being a focus!!!!

More reports of this confirming a terror attack - is it okay if I change my title on this thread?

My apologies for posting about the early reporting of this being terror related. But it’s still insane that the car was able get to that speed, jump that far, and then explode like that.

Judy

My apologies for posting about the early reporting of this being terror related. But it’s still insane that the car was able get to that speed, jump that far, and then explode like that.
The speed was insane …

Lynn226

As I am sure are the people in the Middle East who would have bombed into oblivion by the US and Canada. :shuffle:
I don't know if that would have been the response, but every country has to respond to terrorism. My thoughts are with the loved ones of those who died.

Lynn226

You aren’t making sense with that comment.
It's a reference to something I said up thread. I said the U.S. and Canada would have to respond if it were an act of terrorism. I didn't say what I thought the response should be. That was before officials announced that it was an accident and not terrorism related.

Judy

It's a reference to something I said up thread. I said the U.S. and Canada would have to respond if it were an act of terrorism. I didn't say what I thought the response should be. That was before officials announced that it was an accident and not terrorism related.
Oh definitely. We were reacting (prime minister our agencies) and U.S. was definitely reacting. I caught part of it last night from Parliament. Thankfully it was not.

I did see someone posting on twitter that his/her family knew the man and that it had to be a mechanical error. Which is tragic if true.

Last edited:

Aussie Willy

Hates both vegemite and peanut butter
For anyone interested in how this was initially reported, there is a very interesting podcast called Decoding Fox News. Juliet Jeske who runs the podcast goes through blow by blow about how Fox News started of from the get go saying it was a terrorist attack.

Not trying to make this political. But we should be concerned about how news networks can jump to conclusions without any basis of fact.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information