From Russia with love [#27]: Summer 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maofan7

Away (Workload)
Yuko Kavaguti / Alexander Smirnov to miss the forthcoming test skates

When asked whether they were ready to compete in an emergency, Smirnov said "In principle, yes....if needed, then we are always ready." [He said:] "We have a lot of work to do......We are training, but we decided not to go to the test skates. We have not planned any tournaments yet. We will not make any drastic decisions. We will see what happens during the season." [Smirnov] noted that they had not prepared any competitive programs for this season [yet]. "But we have many works in progress which, if necessary, can be turned into a short and free program" Smirnov said

J

Jeschke

Bobrova/Soloviev, Sinitsina/Katsalapov, Loboda/Drozd and Popova/Mozgov skated their Short Dances at the Open Championship of Moscow today, waiting for the videos now :)
:watch:
Do we have scores or rankings?

TAHbKA

Cats and garlic lover
I found a song on youtube.

Anyone want to translate? @TAHbKA? Google Translate?
Google translate. Totally. Some of the songs feature Sofia Bardakova. She sounds as if she learned Hebrew and it became her first language, while she is singing Russian.
Anyway, taking Radford/Chan assume Tarasova/Morozov should be skating to Kovtun's music and taking their last year's LP it will be an improvement.

nimi

No idea whether it was posted anywhere, but Kovtun apparently recorded a rap album :lol: https://www.sports.ru/figure-skating/1054567285.html
...huh? :HA!:
It still works for me, but maybe try this link if you really want to hear it. (It's not good but it's not entertainingly bad either, IMO.)
Russian speakers here, pretty please tell me: are the lyrics "yo bitches!" type of thing or something more, eh, motivational? (Stuff about striving to be your best self and winning etc?) Or something completely else?

Karpenko

Not Impressed.
I agree she's really good, I wasn't even :yawn: that 3 of her last 4 elements are jumps. The split jump/one-foot axel into 3 lutz is :kickass: also good technique on her 3/3. Her speed is super impressive for a junior (even in her spins), and she has presence, good SS, she listens to her music, has solid transitions, can tell a story.. yeah she'll be very good.

Last edited:

love_skate2011

Banned Member
I agree she's really good, I wasn't even :yawn: that 3 of her last 4 elements are jumps. The split jump/one-foot axel into 3 lutz is :kickass: also good technique on her 3/3. Her speed is super impressive for a junior (even in her spins), and she has presence, good SS, she listens to her music, has solid transitions, can tell a story.. yeah she'll be very good.

me too, I was mesmerized by her skating skills and spins that I just noticed too her 3 jump passes were all in 2nd half of the program. This is just a bonus imo, her real maturity and presence is what caught my eye.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
She is not coached by Dudakov. She is coaches by Tutberidze. She swapped coaches before this season.

who was her previous coach ? so I guess that's why her skating skills and speed are good. Tutberidze skaters aren't known for good skating skills, Zagtova, Medvedeva, Scherbakova - only Trusova has an above average acceptable speed and skating skills but wasn't she not coached by Tutberidze before also.

love_skate2011

Banned Member
She is amazing. I fell in love with her at first site..as I did with Gubanova..who understands it? :fan:

nowadays Gubanova is in danger of being nominated to team Trainwreck in the future. :gallopin1

since Gubanova wont medal in her first JGP this season, maybe Kostornaya should take one of Gubanova's remaining spot so she'll guaranteed 2 assignments by the Fed.:COP:

lala

nowadays Gubanova is in danger of being nominated to team Trainwreck in the future. :gallopin1

since Gubanova wont medal in her first JGP this season, maybe Kostornaya should take one of Gubanova's remaining spot so she'll guaranteed 2 assignments by the Fed.:COP:

Yes, I know..Gubanova bombed the SP in Austria...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information