From Russia With Love [#38]: Fall/Winter 2020

Status
Not open for further replies.

muffinplus

I love how you have direct access to Trusova’s brain. You can read her mind. Wow!

I mean Trusova has said in interviews (actually in the latest documentary made about her) that she moved to Plushenko because he knows how to do programs with multiple quads... that's not mind reading to say she moved for jump consistency...

zoe111

Trusova's 2 main reason for moving: for her - jumps, for her parents - lack of big sponsors and declining prize money.
Kostornaya was an annoyance to her perhaps, and Trusova did not appreciate Kostornaya "following her to share what she's got". But it was not the main reason for leaving.
Then if that is the case, and the article is correct about her and her parents reaction to Kostornaya being there, they are idiots since it wasn’t the reason for the move. Trusova looked far better than any of the other ladies at the test skate and they should be ecstatic with that. Moral of the story is focus on the things that are in your control- Kostornaya is not in their control

hanca

Values her privacy
I mean Trusova has said in interviews (actually in the latest documentary made about her) that she moved to Plushenko because he knows how to do programs with multiple quads... that's not mind reading to say she moved for jump consistency...
Yes, but she also said that it was only her decision and that her parents let her make this decision. So claiming how it was her parents who have the main word in everything, that’s mind reading.

muffinplus

Yes, but she also said that it was only her decision and that her parents let her make this decision. So claiming how it was her parents who have the main word in everything, that’s mind reading.

I may have missed where she said that? But a lot of media (don't know if they are reliable) are reporting that Trusova's parents are involved 🤷

Latest article claims both Kostornaia and Trusova wanted to work with Ilinykh ,but she is working with Trusova only. And also that they are doign their best to make sure the girls don't meet anywhere (not just on the ice)

Don't know if that's just rampant speculation though...

Bigbird

I may have missed where she said that? But a lot of media (don't know if they are reliable) are reporting that Trusova's parents are involved 🤷

Latest article claims both Kostornaia and Trusova wanted to work with Ilinykh ,but she is working with Trusova only. And also that they are doign their best to make sure the girls don't meet anywhere (not just on the ice)

It all seems so ridiculous. Why would Kostornaia even need to work with Ilinykh if she's already working with Rozanov and given her skills set? She needs more work on jumps, right? Trusova needs work on expressiveness, so she works with Ilinykh. They apparently don't want to share the ice, which I think personally is a mistake, they could learn a lot by working together. So again the narrative just seems surreal. Are the parents really this petty? Seriously?

Tinami Amori

@Tinami Amori Why you pretend to know everything when you're just guessing like the rest of us is beyond me.
I read materials that give me reasons for my conclusions and comments.

And here is one more openly published material that made the news.

Ilinykh is only working with Trusova. Kostornaya wanted to work with her also, but Ilinykh declined and will not work with her. From this article: "The issues between Kostornaya and Trusova".

Tinami Amori

Artur Danielian is out of 2nd Russian Cup this week, still handling medical issues.

Bigbird

Ilinykh is only working with Trusova. Kostornaya wanted to work with her also, but Ilinykh declined and will not work with her. From this article: "The issues between Kostornaya and Trusova".
Have to say if this is indeed true, Kostornaia, shot herself in the foot by shooting off at the mouth at test skates.
Not many would be willing to work with her if she doesn't understand the value of discretion.

muffinplus

Have to say if this is indeed true, Kostornaia, shot herself in the foot by shooting off at the mouth at test skates.
Not many would be willing to work with her if she doesn't understand the value of discretion.

Mouthing off about?

Skibean

Maybe Trusova is upset that Alena was the surprise star last season when trusova was expected dominate. I’m sure it wasn’t easy for her watching the rise Alena and all the praise her skating was getting.
I would also like to add, if the Russian federation and fans don’t support Alena, please send her our way. She is the most talented Senior lady. We would love to have her here. Trusova too.

hanca

Values her privacy

You may read materials, but your conclusions are often wrong. I forecasted that there would be group escape from Tutberidze, you claimed that they are all friends. I told you that we won’t see Tutberidze having all four A in seniors for too long. You claimed that they wouldn’t leave. Now a half of A are gone from Tutberidze.

I also said that Kostiukovich is skating with Bushlanov or Briukhanov. (It was info from the Russian forum). You were posting links based on Kostiukovich instagram how she moved on and will not be skating any more. Well, she is with Briukhanov. You are just guessing, like anyone else, and often really wrong.

Cherub721

YEAH!
Somewhere, Eteri is smirking and probably happy she doesn't have to deal with this kindergarten anymore.

It definitely gives some insight on why Eteri made the girls share the ice and didn't give Kostornaya an exception when she complained.

It's all fascinating. Plushenko brags that he can take Eteri's students at any time, and actually does it, but now he's got to manage all of it. :watch:

mjb52

We thought Trusova liked being the jumper and the tomboy but I feel like from some of her comments it's clear that she also wants to be given the chance to be perceived as lyrical and feminine. I could imagine that Kostornaya being praised for her artistry and even beauty could have felt frustrating at times. And then she goes to a new coach where she may have felt she would be the focus and get new programs that would help her be seen differently and two months later suddenly there is Kostornaya. I can see where that would feel upsetting. I wonder if it had been Shcherbakova instead if we would be seeing the scenario play out the same way. This is obviously all pure speculation on my part, just some thoughts on some of the dynamics based on having had the experience of being a teenage girl myself once.

lala

Where is the source? It’s not a skater’s decision which coach to work with in a club. Have you ever heard such things? Stupid article.

Last edited:

Immortelle

Rejected by Krasnopolski
It’s the age-old dilemma, how to keep all the interested parties happy. Skaters, parents, coaches, fed, sponsors...

D

Deleted member 40371

Team Plushenko is giving skaters for not moving to the team. This shenanigans and Med moving back to Eteri makes her team a bit more likable.

kris2ffer

Are you guys sure that it was Trusova who did not want to work with Kostarnaya or maybe it is the other way around?

it wouldn't be a surprise if its the other way around since Eteri herself said that Kostarnaya has list of skaters she did not want to skate or practice with. So maybe Trusova was already on the list even before both transfered to Plushenko? Either way not a good look for Kostarnaya since this is becoming a pattern.

starrynight

I don't understand all of this.

It's a ruthless elite sport where girls have about a 2 year window to make success. And then it's either gold medals and fame or oblivion with a lifetime of back, knee and hip injuries. Why ought any of them treat it like a tea party? It's not like dance teams settling into Gadbois for 2 quadrennials of training or something.

I'm not surprised these girls are desperate. The whole situation with 'rona is shrinking their window fast and rapidly reducing opportunities. I know fans are already eagerly pencilling in the rise of of Valieva, but I don't think any of Kostornaya, Trusova or Shcherbakova are ready to give up yet. But if Valieva goes to the Olympics (if it is held) at least one will have to miss out.

It's alright for the coaches, someone like Tutberidze will have a career lasting another 20 or more years and will see through hundreds of students.

Last edited:

hanca

Values her privacy
I don’t think Kostornaya/Scherbakova/Trusova have only two years window. The previous ladies (Medvedeva, Zagitova) did, because they didn’t have any quads or 3A, but as long as Kostornaya/Scherbakova/Trusova keep some of the harder jumps, they should be alright. Besides, Medvedeva and Tuktamysheva are still around. Medvedeva managed world bronze just a year ago. Tuktamysheva would have decent results if she made as full technical program as she is capable and not leave any triples out.

Wyliefan

Ubering juniors against my will
Team Plushenko is giving skaters for not moving to the team. This shenanigans and Med moving back to Eteri makes her team a bit more likable.

It really doesn't. A couple of teenage girls being divas -- if indeed they are being divas, and it's not just rumor and gossip -- in no way justifies the stunts Eteri has pulled.

hanca

Values her privacy
I think Tutberidze and Pluschenko are both as bad. When someone leaves Tutberidze, she gives interviews and tries to completely destroy the person’s reputation. Pluschenko does exactly the same, as he demonstrated with Sakhanovich and Tarakanova. The training in Tutberidze’s group is super competitive and the pressure is huge. Pluschenko says he would never allow any skater to be sworn at, and yet Sakhanovich and Tarakanova did not describe the environment particularly pleasant- Pluschenko not believing Sakhanovich that she was injured and making her skate even with the injury...where else did we hear it ...oh, I remember, it was Pitkeev and Voronov who described that she didn’t believe them when they were injured and made them skate with injury. So what is the difference? Just thinking, maybe Pluschenko and Tutberidze don’t like each other because they are too much the same and looking at each other is too much like looking into the mirror. Not everyone likes what they see when they look into the mirror.

lala

I think Tutberidze and Pluschenko are both as bad. When someone leaves Tutberidze, she gives interviews and tries to completely destroy the person’s reputation. Pluschenko does exactly the same, as he demonstrated with Sakhanovich and Tarakanova. The training in Tutberidze’s group is super competitive and the pressure is huge. Pluschenko says he would never allow any skater to be sworn at, and yet Sakhanovich and Tarakanova did not describe the environment particularly pleasant- Pluschenko not believing Sakhanovich that she was injured and making her skate even with the injury...where else did we hear it ...oh, I remember, it was Pitkeev and Voronov who described that she didn’t believe them when they were injured and made them skate with injury. So what is the difference? Just thinking, maybe Pluschenko and Tutberidze don’t like each other because they are too much the same and looking at each other is too much like looking into the mirror. Not everyone likes what they see when they look into the mirror.

I don't defend Plushenko and I don't say he is better as Eteri in this thing. I just say Tarakanova was hysteric on trainings many times, the little skaters were scared of her when she did those scenes. This is true because I heard this from a woman who can attend the trainings.She wrote this to us when no one talked about Nastya's spilt. Tarakanova has a new coach, new club again and she went back to the criticised not well-sized rink. The Army of Skaters club is working at Plushenko's old rink.
Serafima is cute but she also was a problematic skater. Plush did for her many things what weren't his tasks, he helped her but she wanted more... We weren't there we don't know what happened we know only Sima's story.

I don't say Plushenko's words were nice when they left the academy my post doesn't explain that. He would have been more elegant. But we don't know the whole story.

Natanielle825

I just say Tarakanova was hysteric on trainings many times, the little skaters were scared of her when she did those scenes. This is true because I heard this from a woman who can attend the trainings.
Just cuz she was there doesn't necessarily make what she says true but even if it is. Tara Lipinsky was famous for screaming matches at the rink. These little kids are under more significantly more pressure than most adults without any psychological capabilities to handle it. If I never ate, trained 10 hrs a day, was chronically injured, knew I'd probably never make it anyway, had no friends, barely saw my family but was doing all this to financially support them - I would scream too. Every teenager struggles with their emotions. In figure skating and other child sports, if you deal with those emotions by cutting and puking you are called dedicated, but if you cry or scream or speak you are called difficult. That is culture of figure skating and I put the blame always on the adults, never the children.

hanca

Values her privacy
I don't defend Plushenko and I don't say he is better as Eteri in this thing. I just say Tarakanova was hysteric on trainings many times, the little skaters were scared of her when she did those scenes. This is true because I heard this from a woman who can attend the trainings.She wrote this to us when no one talked about Nastya's spilt. Tarakanova has a new coach, new club again and she went back to the criticised not well-sized rink. The Army of Skaters club is working at Plushenko's old rink.
Serafima is cute but she also was a problematic skater. Plush did for her many things what weren't his tasks, he helped her but she wanted more... We weren't there we don't know what happened we know only Sima's story.

I don't say Plushenko's words were nice when they left the academy my post doesn't explain that. He would have been more elegant. But we don't know the whole story.
Well done, so now you are attacking the emotional stability of the skaters Pluschenko tried to destroy? You must be really desperate. If someone is ‘a problematic skater’ (your words), there is even less reason to make interviews with newspapers and public media and try to emotionally harm such person. Pluschenko clearly did not worry about their emotional well-being. And you seem to be same as he is - just blame the victim! If you noticed, Pluschenko is the adult. Tarakanova was a child. Sakhanovich is also an adult, but there is the power difference, so that’s more reason why Pluschenko should have acted as a responsible adult. He did not. Sakhanovich ended up in hospital with emotional breakdown.

lala

Well done, so now you are attacking the emotional stability of the skaters Pluschenko tried to destroy? You must be really desperate. If someone is ‘a problematic skater’ (your words), there is even less reason to make interviews with newspapers and public media and try to emotionally harm such person. Pluschenko clearly did not worry about their emotional well-being. And you seem to be same as he is - just blame the victim! If you noticed, Pluschenko is the adult. Tarakanova was a child. Sakhanovich is also an adult, but there is the power difference, so that’s more reason why Pluschenko should have acted as a responsible adult. He did not. Sakhanovich ended up in hospital with emotional breakdown.

I said I didn't defend Plushenko. He did many mistakes. But for sure, in this case have to pay attention to the other litle skaters who train there. Or Nastya should train alone.

hanca

Values her privacy
I said I didn't defend Plushenko. He did many mistakes. But for sure, in this case have to pay attention to the other litle skaters who train there. Or Nastya should train alone.
You said you didn’t defend Pluschenko, but then you proceeded blaming the girls. So you didn’t defend him, but you did exactly what he was doing. How exactly is that different?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information