Happy Pi(e) day!

Icetalavista

Oh my gosh. Washington Post had a pie article with a recipe for tomato pie with a cheddar-Parmesan crust. Yummy. Comments section included: “my two favorite pies are hot and cold”. Another: “the kind I put in my mouth”. Another suggested expanding pie definition to include all versions of hand pies…pasties, empanadas, samosas, calzones…. It’s all good.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
I forgot it was pie day. Maybe I should go buy a pie. Or bake one if I'm not feeling too lazy.

barbk

Cherry pie (from frozen) baking now. We're in the midst of a huge snowstorm (a foot already in our area, perhaps another foot by Friday morning), and I fear we might lose power eventually since it is heavy, wet snow. So, I'm trying to get ahead of the curve. If I were feeling more mathematically inclined this morning, I'd probably calculate the volume of the pie.

BarbK D's middle school had great Pi Day celebrations, complete with an array of pies of all types. Much better than my Catholic elementary school's over-boiled cabbage and gross corned beef on St. Patty's Day.

SkateSand

Cat Servant
My husband is making us a cherry pie tonight in honor of Pie Day. But we also picked up a $2.99 apple pie from Walmart in their discounted bakery section. Just as well, since I'm the big cherry pie fan in the family so that means more cherry pie for me. :swoon:

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information