John Hughes, father of Sarah & Emily has died

missing

Well-Known To Whom She Wonders
Philip Hersh tweeted this earlier today:

Deepest sympathies to the Hughes family on the passing of John Hughes, who captained an undefeated Cornell hockey team, then become a lawyer, husband to the indomitable Amy Hughes and dad to six terrific kids, including Olympic figure skaters Sarah (gold 02) and Emily (7th in 06)

FSWer

So sorry to hear this. I sure hope the family is ok. I didn't realize he was 71. I wonder how old Amy is. I read the article and I'm surprised they only mentioned Sarah (out of the two Figure Skaters) and not Emily. I sure hope they are all well.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
He and Amy were so supportive of all of their kids, which is pretty amazing when you have that many high achievers in one family. He also took great care of Amy during her bout with breast cancer. Condolences to her and their children, and the rest of the Hughes family.

Sylvia

TBD
I searched online and found this Newsday article that profiled the entire Hughes family before Sarah competed at the 2002 Olympics that I feel is worth sharing here:

TalentedButHumble

Oh, this is so sad. I remember seeing him at a Pro-Am event Sarah was in. They are such a close family, and this is so very young. My condolences to all of them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information