NCAA Football

galaxygirl

Rain City Bitch Pigeon
I hope so. It would be nice to get some new blood in the playoffs along with Bama ;). I'm not sure who they should replace though. It might be Bama actually. Half their defense is injured and the Iron Bowl is in Auburn so there's a good chance they're going to lose on Saturday.

Is Wisconsin your team? Mine are Alabama (my family is from Tuscaloosa) and Washington (where I went to school).

Aceon6

Wrangling the duvet into the cover
Of the top 10, I'm partial to Wisconsin (bf went there) and Georgia (know lots of alums). I'm holding my nose in support of Miami's resurgence, despite knowing that there may be some shenanigans going on to keep players academically eligible.

Aceon6

Sooners moved to #2--happily surprised! Quite the upset weekend
I just looked. AP has Bama at #5 and I approve. ESPN hasnt posted the playoff poll yet.

Last edited:

Aceon6

Next weekend is craaaaaazzzzzyyyyy!

Early games are Memphis/UCF and TCU/Okla followed by Georgia/Auburn.

The primo night games are on at the same freaking time. Miami/Clemson and Ohio State/Wisc. Better make sure there are fresh batteries in the remote. If you're lucky to have a dual tuner TV, now's the time to refresh your memory on how to set up and switch windows. Thank goodness there isn't much skating.

Aceon6

They're playing no defense in the Memphis/UCF game. This will come down to the end.
Okla seems to have steadied after allowing a TD to start the 2nd quarter.

Aceon6

And UCF stays unbeaten with an interception to end the 2nd overtime. Because neither team played any defense, I don't see them moving into the Top 10. Peach is likely.

skatesindreams

I'm proud to be an alumna!

The committee's rankings leave much to be desired.
It wouldn't have disrupted their plans for the top tier, to have put UCF in the top 10, at least.

Aceon6

Georgia pulling away from Auburn Someone's going to have to buy some antacids for the selection committee. I imagine that 'Bama comes back into the conversation.

Fixed

Peaches LaTour

Count me in as a college football fan! Notre Dame first, Notre Dame last, Notre Dame always.

It's been a great season this year with so many surprises. Although I don't like either team, the Hail Mary Pass in the Florida/TN game was one of the highlights of the season for me.

Since my team won't be in the playoffs, I would like to see Wisconsin take it all (if they get there). As a former Midwesterner, I would like to see someone from the original Big Ten take home the glory (but not Ohio State).

Aceon6

Georgia and Oklahoma seal their playoff positions.
Every 'Bama fan in the country is rooting for Ohio State and Miami in the night games.

agalisgv

Clemson is crushing Miami. Not pretty.

OH came out strong, but WI is rallying. I'm rooting for WI, so hope they pull out a win.

agalisgv

I'm bummed for WI.

Any thoughts on who goes to playoffs? I'm thinking either AL or OH--not sure which, though.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
I would think it will be Clemson, Oklahoma, Georgia & Alabama

Aceon6

I would think it will be Clemson, Oklahoma, Georgia & Alabama
I think Alabama is a very, very long shot. They lose on both strength of schedule (Mercer, cough, cough) and common opponent. It will be an interesting decision, but I think Ohio state may have done enough to grab the 4th spot. The committee wants good TV.

Aceon6

Didn't see that coming. Bama is in. Most of the pundits are saying that THE Ohio State University wuz robbed.

Coco

Rotating while Russian!
Ohio had two losses, and I think their loss to Iowa was so bad and inexplicable, to the committee at least, that they were done for. Iowa has had a good football team with a really tough schedule for the past few years. But no one appreciates this.

Also....Wisconsin got no respect, and the fact that OSU barely hung on to beat them did not impress. They needed to blow Wisconsin out but they didn't.

Vash01

Fan of Yuzuru, T&M, P&C
I am rooting for Clemson against Alabama in the semifinals just like I did last year when the championship game was here in the Phoenix metro area. I have no connection with Clemson or the state of S. Carolina, so it's a bit strange that I root for Clemson. I think I just want to see a new champion rather than the 'always wins' Crimson Tide. However, this year I should be more lenient toward Alabama. After all, they elected a democrat for a senate seat. :)

Peaches LaTour

I am rooting for Clemson against Alabama in the semifinals just like I did last year when the championship game was here in the Phoenix metro area. I have no connection with Clemson or the state of S. Carolina, so it's a bit strange that I root for Clemson. I think I just want to see a new champion rather than the 'always wins' Crimson Tide. However, this year I should be more lenient toward Alabama. After all, they elected a democrat for a senate seat. :)

Exactly!:D

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information