Peacock Subscription Discount

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Yes - and commentary. The Skating ISU YT channel has all of the event replays so far and some of the individual programs.

The Peacock ISU channels are without voices - just the streams with all music, background noise, etc. (Perfect for me - LOL!)

Have the English non-USA international streams been with voices? If so, who?

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
The Peacock ISU channels are without voices - just the streams with all music, background noise, etc. (Perfect for me - LOL!)

Have the English non-USA international streams been with voices? If so, who?
ISU YT has commentary. I believe folks in the pbp threads said it was Chris Howarth this week. Mark Hanretty is signed up to commentate for some of the GPs, but I'm not sure how many or which ones.

Spikefan

Rooting for that middle-aged team
Does the ISU stream have replays this season??
I thought they would but I do not find anything from Skate America other than a 6 minute movie. I just went in to see if there was a Skate Canada practice stream, there is not, and noticed no replays for SkAm. I do know my VPN is working as it shows upcoming for all the Skate Canada stuff.

I hope I’m just not looking in the right place, otherwise I will not see NHK or Worlds.

thvu

Usova's Apprentice

Debbie S

I thought they would but I do not find anything from Skate America other than a 6 minute movie. I just went in to see if there was a Skate Canada practice stream, there is not, and noticed no replays for SkAm. I do know my VPN is working as it shows upcoming for all the Skate Canada stuff.

I hope I’m just not looking in the right place, otherwise I will not see NHK or Worlds.
I just went to the Skating ISU channel on Opera browser and if you scroll down below the "upcoming" feeds, you should see a Skate America heading with the vids listed underneath. The movie is the first item but all the comp vids are there.

tony

Throwing the (rule)book at them

Change your location, switch to Asia and back to Europe or similar. Or to a country that isn't geoblocked by the ISU (USA isn't the only one).

I just checked on Opera and they are all there.

Spikefan

Change your location, switch to Asia and back to Europe or similar. Or to a country that isn't geoblocked by the ISU (USA isn't the only one).

I just checked on Opera and they are all there.
Thanks! I was in Israel when they weren’t showing, changed to Brazil and they show up. Guess I need to remember to country hop.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Some context to Peacock not having replays of skating - the service is hemorrhaging cash. $614M loss in Q3.

So they are making their service less attractive to hemorrhage even more cash? :huh:

ChillSkate

Is anyone else not seeing the Skate Canada Ladies Free on Peacock? Is this because they will cover this segment in the NBC program on Sunday? If so, it's obnoxious that they are not showing it on Peacock since they won't be able to cover the whole event in 1.5 hours and it's a day later.

It's like they want us to watch via a foreign vpn. Or not at all.

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Is anyone else not seeing the Skate Canada Ladies Free on Peacock? Is this because they will cover this segment in the NBC program on Sunday? If so, it's obnoxious that they are not showing it on Peacock since they won't be able to cover the whole event in 1.5 hours and it's a day later.

Nvm

Last edited:

Firedancer

I can see it on mine. It is the first one listed for tomorrow

ChillSkate

Thanks for the replies - I looked again. Ladies Free does NOT come up when I search for "figure skating" but does when I search for "skate canada." Great coding there from the 'cock!

tony

Thanks for the replies - I looked again. Ladies Free does NOT come up when I search for "figure skating" but does when I search for "skate canada." Great coding there from the 'cock!
Don't look for keywords. Every season the same problems happen. Just go to the sports tab and scroll to live and upcoming, you'll find skating there much easier.

Karen-W

Women's Free - don't use Ladies or "figure skating" for the very finicky search engine on Peacock or it just won't come up.

Spikefan

Most streaming services recognize what I like or watch the most and would have it front and center for my enjoyment but not ‘cock. Way to not break those stereotypes.

Carolla5501

Some context to Peacock not having replays of skating - the service is hemorrhaging cash. $614M loss in Q3.

they hemorrhaged my subscription because what they’re offering wasn’t worth paying for

A good way to make sure you make money is to quit providing what you advertise. Business failure 101

TanithandBenFan

Author of the Ice and Edge Series
Perhaps Peacock should spend more time monitoring their subscriptions to find extra cash. I had a free sub included with my Cox cable, but when I moved over a year ago and cancelled my cable Peacock never cancelled my sub.

tony

To be honest, I don't know how much NBC/Peacock care about the numbers-- for now. They offer free trials all over the place, they offer free subscriptions for X amount of time because of being members of other things, they seem to offer a big discount for a yearly subscription several times a year, etc. Disney+, for example, has basically done away with any trace of a free trial.

And while no one is being transparent about the reasoning for no more replays, I still think it's likely more on the USFS hence why they've just avoided any mentioning of it at all. The figure skating fandom of Peacock could find free trials likely for the entirety of the skating season, so they aren't going to be concerned. I know it's not great for visibility in the sport, but I think the frustration is misplaced.

peibeck

Simply looking
At least as of right now, all of Day 2 of Skate Canada's free programs are still available (men's free is about to start as I write this) on Peacock. 🤞 they will continue in future to at least leave them up for they day for future events. Would make it easier for the Euro and Japanese events. I guess I shouldn't hold my breath but....

Karen-W

At least as of right now, all of Day 2 of Skate Canada's free programs are still available (men's free is about to start as I write this) on Peacock. 🤞 they will continue in future to at least leave them up for they day for future events. Would make it easier for the Euro and Japanese events. I guess I shouldn't hold my breath but....
I don't see them when I look.

Jarrett

Go Mirai!
Perhaps Peacock should spend more time monitoring their subscriptions to find extra cash. I had a free sub included with my Cox cable, but when I moved over a year ago and cancelled my cable Peacock never cancelled my sub.
Same for me but with HBO Max that came free and Comcast.

maureenfarone

I checked last night and this morning and I don't see any replays for Skate Canada. I do see all the comps up in "live and upcoming" for the next Grand Prix from France.

PRlady

Cowardly admin
Staff member
I tried and tried to find a way to email or chat or phone Peacock but it just sends you in a loop to unhelpful articles.

What I’m trying to find out is if as a paid Premium subscriber, I’ll be able to watch Nats in January from Israel otherwise I guess I’m up the creek as there’s no ISU stream…

rfisher

Let the skating begin
I tried and tried to find a way to email or chat or phone Peacock but it just sends you in a loop to unhelpful articles.

What I’m trying to find out is if as a paid Premium subscriber, I’ll be able to watch Nats in January from Israel otherwise I guess I’m up the creek as there’s no ISU stream…
In my experience, Peacock will respond to subscription questions, but not about individual programming. However, if you use a US location via a VPN , I'd think you could log on same as watching geoblocked programming anywhere.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information