Peacock Will Stream All NBCUniversal Coverage Of Beijing Olympics, Including Live Events, Via Premium Tier

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Yes, I know I can fast forward. I just cannot see what I am fast forwarding past. Are you able to see what you are skipping when you FF?
I can't either. I think it depends on the Peacock app. They have to have different versions for different platforms but I'm not sure if the features between them are different. They are with the YouTube app!

For the whole "ads" versus "no ads" I have noticed that Peacock is showing some events twice before they put up the "replay". Does maybe the 2nd viewing have commercials because it's just a rebroadcast of the first viewing? I am now obsessed with this.

Frau Muller

From Puerto Rico…With Love! Not LatinX!
Olympic Ice: The 2022 Edition, ep.1-

Plusses:
I like that they included Scott and Brian in the show…for truly insightful talk.
Good that at least they weren’t sitting behind a desk.
Ashley was personable; she has toned down the sing-song cadence of her voice.
Jackie Wong’s segment, direct from Beijing! The hit of the show, IMO!!

Negatives:
The two non-skating dudes trying to jump axels on the floor…that went on for way too long. Yawn…

In sum, quite promising. I’m adding OI to my daily Olympic agenda, along with TSL/As the Blade Turns episodes on YouTube + Leslie Jones’ tweets. Whee!

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Olympic Ice is repeating now.
Edited to add - not sure if today's (Feb. 5) replay will be available to watch again (in the Olympics section it's listed under Replays but the link doesn't work at this time).

Last edited:

Sylvia

TBD
Re-posting in the correct thread :):
Correction of an earlier post with an article that said Olympic Ice is every other day. Olympic Ice will be on at 10 am today [Sunday]. Repeats run all day and the 1st episode replay ended up in the Olympic hub too.
Today's second show repeated at 2 pm ET but not sure if the show will repeat a third time, like yesterday? I don't see Olympic Ice listed in the Replays section or the Olympics hub for Saturday, Feb. 5th or Sunday, Feb. 6th?

A.H.Black

So far we have found that if we put Olympic Ice in "My Stuff" we can watch later. I found the "My Stuff" icon by searching under Olympic Ice - then the icon comes up. When I go to my stuff, it looks like the first episode is the only one, but once I start that video there is a link to "more episodes". I'm hoping it will save all the episodes and I can watch them anytime.

Last edited:

love skating

Clueless American
I found Olympic Ice on the NBC Olympics site as well, so those who don't get Peacock can see it over there (I believe you need a cable log in):

Direct link to today's episode...

Frau Muller

According to the schedule for tonight’s NBC prime time show on nbcolympics.com, the pairs free skate will start at 8:55 EST so they must be tape-delaying and possibly chacking the first group.
That is correct, as the competition starts at 8:15pm est…which is when the live Peacock coverage begins. The 8:55 time seems odd…only two pairs in GP 1.

Gp2 has three pairs. According to this time schedule, Alexa & Brandon begin their program at 8:45pm. Big NBC seems to be playing with times…they’ll likely do “tape delay” while other teams are skating live. It’s supposedly “live” but not really. Only way to see it live is through streaming (Peacock or nbcolympics.com).

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Peacock has added practice cams for the Men starting in just under an hour; and a Women's practice cam set to begin at 6:45am ET/3:45am PT.

LeafOnTheWind

There was supposed to be a Women's practice cam at 6:45 am ET but there is nothing but black screen saying the event has concluded. Someone forgot to hook up the right feed for it because the main hub is still pretending it's live.

missing

Well-Known To Whom She Wonders
I am very curious to see if Olympic Ice will cover Hanyu's fall and practice from last night and this morning's team event non-medal situation, or whether it will ignore both those things and stick with whatever they have scripted for today.

Frau Muller

I am very curious to see if Olympic Ice will cover Hanyu's fall and practice from last night and this morning's team event non-medal situation, or whether it will ignore both those things and stick with whatever they have scripted for today.

It’s still showing just the first four episodes. Maybe they’re delaying it do as to bring us the very latest on the TE medals situation?

LeafOnTheWind

Olympic Ice covered Hanyu's practice and the fall. They also discussed him not having a coach. Jackie predicted Yuzuru off the podium and has it as Nathan, Shoma and Yuma. So far there is nothing about the team event medal delay.

Sylvia

TBD
Wednesday, Feb. 9 - 1st 2 groups of Men's free skates (8:30-10:20 pm ET) will air on USA Network (and for Peacock Premium subscribers with no commentary); 3rd & 4th groups on NBC & Peacock:
Jason Brown 11:38-46 pm ET (1st in final group)
Nathan Chen 12:18-27 am ET (last in final group)

Frau Muller

Olympic Ice covered Hanyu's practice and the fall. They also discussed him not having a coach. Jackie predicted Yuzuru off the podium and has it as Nathan, Shoma and Yuma. So far there is nothing about the team event medal delay.
The doping/TE situation was covered in yesterday’s ep. 6, then much more today (ep. 7) with guest Phil Hersh…who came up with some of the most hilarious quips! ROTFL!!! 😂 e.g., the time that it took to move Kamila’s sample from the Russian Natls site (Chelyabinsk) to Stockholm “by old Russian sleigh…” Phil was on a roll!

AJ Skatefan

The doping/TE situation was covered in yesterday’s ep. 6, then much more today (ep. 7) with guest Phil Hersh…who came up with some of the most hilarious quips! ROTFL!!! 😂 e.g., the time that it took to move Kamila’s sample from the Russian Natls site (Chelyabinsk) to Stockholm “by old Russian sleigh…” Phil was on a roll!
I’ve been looking for episode 7 all day and it doesn’t seem to be up! WTF?

Frau Muller

I’ve been looking for episode 7 all day and it doesn’t seem to be up! WTF?
I watched live for the first time.

I’m wondering if it’s within the overall The Olympic Show that usually precedes it?
YES IT IS!

It’s in “Docs & Series” - click on The Olympic Show. The Olympic Ice portion begins at the 1:35:52 mark and goes on to approximately the 2:04:00 mark. About 30 minutes long.

It begins with a preview of ice dance, with Tanith as guest…

Then an interview with Jason Brown…

Then (at 1:53:38 mark) the part on the Valieva situation, with Phil Hersh as guest…hilarious at times, but appropriately sober when warranted.

Then it’s over rather abruptly…we can hear Ashley in the background “What - it’s over?”

Last edited:

NinjaTurtles

No lamb chop, so don’t you fork my peas
It was very abbreviated today, maybe 20-30 minutes, so I think it’s just wrapped up into The Olympic Show reply on Peacock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information