Solo Ice Dance

Janeere

I agree that Solo Dance needs more and better high spots to keep the program interesting. Shorter programs might be a good idea, focusing on specific rhythms rather than extensive interpretive elements.

gkelly

I agree that Solo Dance needs more and better high spots to keep the program interesting. Shorter programs might be a good idea, focusing on specific rhythms rather than extensive interpretive elements.
Junior and Senior levels have a Rhythm Dance and a Free Dance, same as partnered. Perhaps you'd enjoy watching the rhythm dances more -- as I often do for partnered dance.

3rdGenSkater

I don't know much about solo dance, but I'd be interested to see specific dance forms translated to the ice, like ballet or modern or folk dance. I was just re-watching Sinead and John Kerr's Highland dance program with John in a kilt (with bike shorts underneath ;)). My Mum posted it on GS recently, but I don't know what the link was.

skateguy776

As of I know, Lucas Appel of the USA is the first Solo Dancer to represent the country internationally at competition. He scored 68.66 points at the Łódź, Poland international today. Great representation from the USA. Also strong outings from countries like Poland, Spain, and Thailand. (Also I believe Elizabeth Abbasi in Junior representing Thailand is the countries first ever ice dancer to compete internationally)

FSWer

Say, I was wondering...who would we say founded Solo Ice-Dance? Do we have a name of one person that actually founded it? Or was it founded by more than one?

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information