The GAY thread

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

The Harem is now taking applications 😝

berthesghost

Belgium became one of the first countries to legalize gay marriage back around the time of SLC Olys when the USA was obsessed with 911 and taking away civil liberties via the patriots act. When the gov isn’t busy demonizing you and trying to strip you of the few equal rights you’ve won in recent years, one can afford the luxury of not becoming a walking talking one man pride march.

Last edited:

PeterG

I remember reading on someone's facebook page a few years ago a question as to why there's any need for gay pride parades anymore. It's strange how oblivious people can be sometimes...

High school that showed LGBTQ anti-bullying videos is accused of making a heterosexual student feel 'bullied'

I know I'm completely wrong, but I can't help but think, "good...now that kids understands just a TINY bit of what LGBTQ students feel".

9-year-old commits suicide after coming out as gay to his classmates

Four days of bullying from other students (who told him to kill himself) was all he could take before Jamel committed suicide.

California Boy, 10, Who Came Out as Gay Before Death Was Tortured for Days: Prosecutors

Anthony, who died last month after he was found unresponsive in his family’s home, had been allegedly tortured for about five or six days while the other children in the house were forced to watch and allegedly participate in the abuse, the outlet reports.

Anthony's mother and her boyfriend have been charged with murder and torture. The mother is also charged with one count of child abuse and the boyfriend with one count of assault on a child causing death.

No mention of any of the other eight children being treated in this way (all have been removed from the house). So only the gay child received this treatment, but:

...Los Angeles County Sheriff’s Capt. Chris Bergner told reporters that homophobia, “has not come up in our investigation as motivation at this time.”

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

9-year-old commits suicide after coming out as gay to his classmates

Four days of bullying from other students (who told him to kill himself) was all he could take before Jamel committed suicide.

This one has been hard for to digest since yesterday...

Bullied for SEXUALITY as a 9 YEAR OLD... and 9 year olds dont have sexuality yet but the cruelness and evil of mankind can and is already there at 9... 9.... this was learned from their parents, and society.... gay = bad.

And that 9 year old that was bullied and died is more courageous than me and any of his tormentors..... To know how you feel inside and to say that to the world at 9 takes a strength I dont even know if I have yet..... To be a tormentor is a follower and takes no strength.

And I know what you mean when a straight person says when do we get to have "straight pride." Talk about a person who is privileged, ignorant, sheltered and has never seen the world.

Kinda reminds me when we were kids and on Mothers day we asked her "When is kids day?"

PeterG

Bullied for SEXUALITY as a 9 YEAR OLD... and 9 year olds dont have sexuality yet...

How do you mean? I knew I was gay when I was about six (if not earlier). I was drawn to another boy on my soccer team. I felt a strong enough attraction to him that I said to my friend, "I want to be friends with Stephen". To which my friend went up to Stephen and blurted out those exact words to him. Humiliating... :fragile:

Kinda reminds me when we were kids and on Mothers day we asked her "When is kids day?"

This is perhaps a class issue. For children in middle class and owning class families, every day might be kid's day. But in working class familes, much less no. And DEFINITELY not for children in poor families.

Children in my opinion are an oppressed group. They do not have the rights which most others do, even though they are fully human. They have less experience than older people, less information. But not less intelligence. There are a lot of youth under the voting age who are much more capable of voting (along with other "adult" rights) than many, many adults. When I hear some adults speak, I can't help but think to myself, "My God...these people get to VOTE!!" :eek:

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

How do you mean?

Well Im assuming 9 yr olds havent gone through puberty yet (my son hadn't, nor me) hence no sexuality. I dont think of 9 yr olds as sexual beings.

I dont see the other issue as a class issue. We were dirt poor, I mean dirt poor and I understood that message from my Mom and grandparents at the time.

TheGirlCanSkate

Bullied for SEXUALITY as a 9 YEAR OLD... and 9 year olds dont have sexuality yet...

Bullied for anything is wrong. But I'm confused about the 9 and sexuality comment. In 1st grade I remember crushes. There was kiss chase on the playground through about 2nd grade and then starting in 3rd, boys and girls "went out" - they would blush, maybe hold hands ar recess or if they seemed friendly kids would chant "Missy and Chris sitting in a tree: k-i-s-s-i-n-g!" There wasn't even a thought of actual sex but sexuality was there. Why is it hard to believe that kids have an idea about "liking" people? We played house, pretended to have families and spouses, played dolls. I had a girl friend who liked to play the "boy" parts of playing house. A boy who liked to dress in my nightgowns and be the princess. Adults didn't watch us play and if they did they would laugh and go back to their own conversations.

VGThuy

I thought I'd just drop this in here:

https://www.philly.com/news/new-jersey/rider-university-dean-chick-fil-a-resigns-lgbt-20190306.html

The university said at the time the restaurant was taken off the list because of its opposition to the LGBT community and their values do not align with Rider's values.

"I felt like I had been punched in the stomach when I read that statement because I am a very committed Christian," Newman told the website. "I really felt it very personally."

Apparently, this former Dean is the real victim here, :rolleyes:. I see she already contacted some conservative news sources that are sympathetic to her cause. She probably feels she's going to lead a crusade for "religious freedom" or something.

VGThuy

A trio of important cases will be heard by the Supreme Court in October regarding employment discrimination and whether Title VII of the Civil Rights Act includes sexual orientation and gender identity/expression. The American Bar Association submitted an amicus brief supporting LGBTQ employees.

I don’t have much hope from this Court at all even though I do think there is set and established precedents to ban discrimination on the basis of gender identity and expression under the established doctrine that sex stereotyping is sex discrimination under Title VII. At least the worst case scenario would just be the status quo. This is why we need a Dem Congress to pass legislation to explicitly ban discrimination on the basis of sexual orientation and gender identity and expression.

Japanfan

Children in my opinion are an oppressed group. They do not have the rights which most others do, even though they are fully human.

Oppressed by whom exactly? Beyond the obvious (abusive parents, abusive authorities, bullies, society at large)?

And what would you do to rectify the oppression?

They have less experience than older people, less information. But not less intelligence. There are a lot of youth under the voting age who are much more capable of voting (along with other "adult" rights) than many, many adults. When I hear some adults speak, I can't help but think to myself, "My God...these people get to VOTE!!" :eek:

Yeah - 'these people' voted for Trump.

But, I rather doubt you want a 6 year old to have the right to drive, to drink, to party with friends until midnight?
So what would you say the voting age should be?

Yup. And 'these people' voted for Trump.

What do you think the age for voting should be?

Last edited:

VGThuy

The Governor of Texas just posted a Tweet flaunting Chick-fil-A's logo everywhere in his office and basically advertised for the company. He's basically flaunting the blatant discrimination of LGBTQ residents of his state and beyond. Protecting First Amendment speech is debatable. You can argue the law was made to protect that right neutrally and not endorsement of any one company. Sure ok, but advertising that restaurant and saying you're going to enjoy a good lunch is basically shilling for Chick-fil-A and crapping on LGBTQ folks and how that company is funding orgs to strip away protections for LGBTQ people and spreading LGBTQ hate and pretty much endorsing anti-LGBTQ sentiment.

PeterG

Country music singer T.J. Osborne (lead singer of the duo The Brothers Osborne) comes out:

Those in the country music field giving support include:

Dierks Bentley
LeAnn Rimes
Little Big Town
Miranda Lambert
Maren Morris
Chris Young
Kacey Musgraves
Dan + Shay
Brandy Clark
Cole Swindell
Lauren Alaina
Jon Pardi
Ty Herndon
Chely Wright
Jason Isbell
Carly Pearce
Jimmie Allen
Cassadee Pope
Eli Young Band
Tenille Townes
James Otto
Morgan Evans
Linday Ell
Jordan Davis
Michelle Branch
Kristian Bush (Sugarland)

A second article from Buzzfeed:

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

Country music singer T.J. Osborne (lead singer of the duo The Brothers Osborne) comes out:

Those in the country music field giving support include:

Dierks Bentley
LeAnn Rimes
Little Big Town
Miranda Lambert
Maren Morris
Chris Young
Kacey Musgraves
Dan + Shay
Brandy Clark
Cole Swindell
Lauren Alaina
Jon Pardi
Ty Herndon
Chely Wright
Jason Isbell
Carly Pearce
Jimmie Allen
Cassadee Pope
Eli Young Band
Tenille Townes
James Otto
Morgan Evans
Linday Ell
Jordan Davis
Michelle Branch
Kristian Bush (Sugarland)

A second article from Buzzfeed:

ANL already called dibs

Just sayin.

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
^^^ I just read about it 10 minutes ago.

I have never gone to that chain because of its anti-LGBT views.

LOL The Dean took it personally LMAO.. now you know how it feels 1/1,000 of how it is to be gay in this society. such a Bigot.
I just had Burger King's Ch-King spicy deluxe sandwich, which is their way of trolling CFA. I read that 10 or 40 cents is donated to gay causes for each sandwich. I really liked it, too. Popeye's came out with one and I'd choose it over CFA for sure, but this one is really good. I'm a fan.

ЭPiKUilyam

Banned Member
First active NFL player came out publicly as gay today. I can’t believe it actually happened in my lifetime. So freaking excited!!!!!

I hope this doesn't derail his career. Michael Sam was drafted, but he never was used. Hopefully this will encourage support from the NFL. I haven't read any reactions from other ballplayers though.

VGThuy

I hope this doesn't derail his career. Michael Sam was drafted, but he never was used. Hopefully this will encourage support from the NFL. I haven't read any reactions from other ballplayers though.
My husband says Nassib is a much better and useful player than Michael Sam was, but we'll see.

VALuvsMKwan

Codger level achieved
Damn, does this mean I am going to have to like something from Edelman and Gronk (even though I loathe the Evil Empire)? ;)

Well done, Mr. Nassib.

AngieNikodinovLove (ANL)

I know...... but now the NFL has matched his donation to the Trevor Project (which ironically is right across the street from where I live. I know people that work there) of $100,000

They basically ran Michael Sam out of the league seven years ago. So I’m hoping the NFL does mean what they say this time around

Theatregirl1122

Needs a nap

watchthis!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information