The Heir, The Spare and the “Baby Brain” -The Prince Harry and Meghan show rumbles on…

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Some organization is honoring Harry for his work in Aviation and Philanthropy and some people are losing their minds:

It's crap like this that causes some of us to defend H&M way more than if people could be rational about them. In this case, the organization often honors celebrities who fly including such notable aviation pioneers are Harrison Ford and Angela Jolie. :lol: (Yes, really. Those are past honorees.) Organizations do this all the time to bring attention to their group and their cause(s). There is nothing special about what is going on here that some retired military people in the UK need to give quotes to the media.

JJH

Ok. Admin has politely requested that we post Meghan and Harry discussion on this thread so I'm posting this message to boost it up to the the first page again. I am in the untenable position of a person who likes all members of the royal family except Andrew. I always watch the royal weddings and other occasions. I don't think any of them are perfect icons and I don't expect them to be.. They are all just people. I think they all deserve privacy when they request it. Kate owes nobody any explanations. Meghan can keep on juggling opportunities to keep her nuclear family solvent.

Now I see while I was trying to think what to write that @Sylvia has postked a link to this thread! That would never have occurred to me. I'm retreating to ancestry.com. I'm better at genealogy.

Last edited:

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
Harry & Meghan are in Nigeria & on the 1st day Meghan wore a dress that the designer named "Windsor". I've been reading about all the evil motives behind her wearing this dress. It couldn't be (like me) that she actually liked the dress. Or that she didn't read the tag & didn't know it was called that. Or she knew but thought no one would care. No, she was thumbing her nose at the Windsors. Of course.

I don't think H&M have always been correct in handling family dynamics but I think this is a non-story. This hysteria has to stop. All it does is sell copy.

MacMadame

Doing all the things
Harry & Meghan are in Nigeria & on the 1st day Meghan wore a dress that the designer named "Windsor". I've been reading about all the evil motives behind her wearing this dress. It couldn't be (like me) that she actually liked the dress. Or that she didn't read the tag & didn't know it was called that. Or she knew but thought no one would care. No, she was thumbing her nose at the Windsors. Of course.
So why wouldn't wearing a Windsor dress be seen as a tribute or olive branch to the Windsors??

canbelto

A lot of Meghan's dresses seem weirdly tailored around the midsection. Like too baggy. I have a feeling she's one of those women whose mid-sections vary in size a lot (I am another one of those women -- I can go from a flat belly to paunch real quick), so I play it safe and get something slightly baggier around that area.

ballettmaus

That it wasn't a super tight fit didn't bother me with this dress. It's bothered me with some others but I thought the way this dress was cut looked rather good on Meghan.

taf2002

Fluff up your tutu & dance away.....
I wouldn't have worn it because of the backless part but overall I liked the rest of the dress.

Judy

A lot of Meghan's dresses seem weirdly tailored around the midsection. Like too baggy. I have a feeling she's one of those women whose mid-sections vary in size a lot (I am another one of those women -- I can go from a flat belly to paunch real quick), so I play it safe and get something slightly baggier around that area.
Not by looking at her in the red dress lol. Nope!

nylynnr

Multiple outlets reporting today that Archewell has been declared delinquent and ordered to stop raising or spending money. California’s attorney general, Rob Bonta, states it has failed to submit its annual report and its registration fees. This is a problem that can be fixed without too much difficulty, but it shows lousy recordkeeping on the part of whoever is employed to run the charity's finances, tax returns and the like.

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
The red dress looks quite pretty when she's sitting down (maybe why she chose it) but it looks odd when she's standing up - possibly because the ruffles are much stiffer than the body of the dress. The contrast doesn't really work IMO.

mattiecat13

I liked the red dress (and loved the yellow one) but think the red was a bit too “naked” looking for a professional/business event.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
I'd bet the red one looks a lot better in motion than it does in still photos.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information