The ISU are implementing a new Junior-only World Standings/World ranking

airgelaal

According to new communication 2548 the ISU are implementing a new Junior-only World Standings/World ranking

6. Figure Skating World Standings and World Ranking Communication update to include Junior International Competitions Further to a proposal by Austria Figure in 2018 to create a World Ranking for Juniors and the subsequent resolution and follow-up during the 2022 Congress in Phuket, the Council approved an update of ISU Communication 1629 which will now include a Junior World Standing (WS)/World Ranking (WR). Therefore, two different World Standings/World Rankings will be published by the ISU:
1. One overall list (based on the current list but also taking into consideration Junior International Competitions).
2. One list with only Junior Skaters who have participated in International Junior Competitions, Junior Grand Prix events and Junior World Championships

The new Junior World Standing will be used for the starting order draws for the ISU World Junior Figure Skating Championships and will allow Skaters moving up from Junior to Seniors to have more points from their Junior career. A new Communication, with all details, will be published shortly.

On My Own

If it's really only for the jwc draws, that's fine. I hope they don't implement a counter-productive rule for the junior gp.

airgelaal

If it's really only for the jwc draws, that's fine. I hope they don't implement a counter-productive rule for the junior gp.
I'm sure they won't. There is no point in doing this, as there are many strong debutants who will be in the first warm-ups.

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
If you read the communication, it also states that int'l Jr competitions will also earn points toward the regular WS, which I think is a good change. So many Jr skaters/teams are really hampered in the WS when they first hit seniors because they have so few points. It probably benefits Europeans moreso, but I could see some of the larger club comps in NA becoming internationals for Junior skaters with this change.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information