The Skating Lesson

overedge

Mayor of Carrot City
You may not approve of TSL's methods, but Dave creates a tremendous amount of content which requires extreme dedication and has to be time consuming. Your comment is dripping with naivetƩ and shows an apparent lack of understanding what content creators do.

There's a really big difference between creating content for the sake of filling up hours, or bytes, or whatever, and creating good content. Quantity doesn't always equal quality.

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Yes, in fact this user was involved in drama of his own and deleted his account a few hours back. Goes to show the best way to navigate twitter is to have a private account with zero followers and zero follows huh?
Sorry. Confused. Do you mean Zheleznyakov deleted his account? Surely not Dave! Dave's always involved in drama - it's his best schtick. Perhaps I should say it's his only schtick.

On My Own

Sorry. Confused. Do you mean Zheleznyakov deleted his account? Surely not Dave! Dave's always involved in drama - it's his best schtick. Perhaps I should say it's his only schtick.
Oh, I meant the twitter user I sent the tweet of. It's why you cannot access the tweet anymore, he deactivated.

Bouffantrex

Banned Member
There's a really big difference between creating content for the sake of filling up hours, or bytes, or whatever, and creating good content. Quantity doesn't always equal quality.
Welcome to 2022, babes. I can't believe I'm defending Dave Lease, but this is how media works nowadays. You may not like The Skating Lesson's content or approach, but it's no secret why he is more relevant than ever.

Last edited:

On My Own

Dave Lease isn't famous because of his "hours long youtube content". He's famous because he's a provocateur and a gossip, which isn't anything new or innovative or something of gen Z's creation. That last part rings particularly true when you see his demographic is the chatty, bitchy section of viewers who're obsessed with 6.0, and not the current young adults who call him out on a plethora of phobias, -isms, and "microaggressions".

By the way, the 5 minute long fanyu conspiracy theory youtube videos about how no one can tie on a pair of skates apart from Hanyu anymore get even more views than DL's bullshit. It's to do with knowing your demographic, although some might say these channels exposed reality and assisted in spreading knowledge and the gospel of true skating, I suppose.

Bouffantrex

Banned Member
By the way, the 5 minute long fanyu conspiracy theory youtube videos about how no one can tie on a pair of skates apart from Hanyu anymore get even more views than DL's bullshit.
Not a great comparison when many of those Hanyu fans likely have varying degrees of mental illness.

That last part rings particularly true when you see his demographic is the chatty, bitchy section of viewers who're obsessed with 6.0, and not the current young adults who call him out on a plethora of phobias, -isms, and "microaggressions".
I disagree, and I have previously participated in their paid content. TSL has a diverse audience, from the woke young folks to the gay groupies to the old broads who still yearn for shirtless Philippe Candeloro exhibitions.

Again, you and @overedge may not like TSL, and you're free to write him off as a gossipy villainess, but they do have reach and are a notable voice in the sport.

On My Own

I disagree, and I have previously participated in their paid content. TSL has a diverse audience, from the woke young folks to the gay groupies to the old broads who still yearn for shirtless Philippe Candeloro exhibitions.
:rolleyes:

Funny how fanyus must be mentally ill, but you can't be a gossipy bitch yourself to like tsl? Maybe you're just an old floozy under the guise of a young woke person.

Last edited:

Bouffantrex

Banned Member
:rolleyes:

Funny how fanyus must be mentally ill, but you can't be a gossipy bitch yourself to like tsl? Maybe you're just an old floozy under the guise of a young woke person.
Thank you--I will take that as a compliment.

And yes, much of the behaivour from these extreme Hanyu fans on social media is disordered.

By the way, if you're interested, TSL has just released a video recapping Hanyu's retirement. Enjoy!

Judy

Not a great comparison when many of those Hanyu fans likely have varying degrees of mental illness.

Again, you and @overedge may not like TSL, and you're free to write him off as a gossipy villainess, but they do have reach and are a notable voice in the sport.
Iā€™m none of those things along with being mentally sane. They have some good interviews.

Sylvia

TBD
Tweeted today: https://twitter.com/SkatingLesson/status/1571189981657317378
Diana Davis and Gleb Smolkin are expected to compete at the Challenge Cup in Ardmore, PA this week. They must compete there, as they do not have a bye to U.S. Nationals. It is the last NQS for ice dance.
Challenge Cup, hosted by Philadelphia SC& HS, is Sept. 22-25, 2022 (entries are not yet published online, AFAIK).

ETA TSL's reply in the same Twitter thread:
They are expected to compete at a U.S. event. They will not officially be released yet. It also could give them wiggle room to return to Russia should the IOC reverse course - which seems possible with Bach's comments.

Last edited:

Alilou

Ubercavorter
Tweeted today: https://twitter.com/SkatingLesson/status/1571189981657317378

Challenge Cup, hosted by Philadelphia SC& HS, is Sept. 22-25, 2022 (entries are not yet published online, AFAIK).

ETA TSL's reply in the same Twitter thread:
What are Bach's comments? Does TSL elaborate? Anyone know if Bach has said anything recently? Have googled to no avail and can't bare to listen to TSL. TIA

ETA Have also asked the same questions in the above linked twitter thread.

Sylvia

TBD
And, right on cue, today :D: "Media reports on the participation of Russians Davis and Smolkin in the US Challenge Cup":

Frau Muller

From Puerto Ricoā€¦With Love! Not LatinX!
Latest TSL episode, incl discussion of US Classic & Lombardia, is up!

Iā€™ll watch after the Pasadena NQS is over. They might also mention the D/S situation?

miffy

Bad Brit
Staff member
Iā€™m a bit behind with all this. Do they still need a release? I assume they would get it, Eteri must know too much to be denied that request?

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
If you can't view it it's a tweet from SkatingLesson that states:
Diana Davis and Gleb Smolkin are both members of U.S. Figure Skating. In great ice dance fashion, they represent two different clubs. Gleb represents SCNY and Diana represents the IOC Figure Skating Club.
With a screenshot showing the clubs they belong to.
Looks like TSL deleted the original tweet and then re-tweeted without the screenshot -

She represents ION Figure Skating Club, btw, not IOC - but I'm amused at the typo, lol.

On My Own

USFSA, you so full of shit.
You have no conscience, no honor.
You donā€™t respect others, because havenā€™t achieved anything yourself.
Your statements humiliate the people around you.
Shame on you.

litenkyckling

Iā€™m not from the US - but Iā€™m pretty disgusted by this. They couldā€™ve said ā€œno you initially chose to skate for Russia, therefore you canā€™t skate for usā€. They couldā€™ve said ā€œsorry but your mother is the reason why our athletes may not receive medals until 2024ā€. They couldā€™ve said ā€œso your marriage isnā€™t super legit then, is itā€. But they didnā€™t.

I hope they donā€™t get the overhyped and ridiculous scoring we all had to watch last season. But clearly the coaching at ION is going to get a boost now. Also being more and more clear that G/Pa move to MIDA wasnā€™t their plan. Shameful.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information