Wall Street rule. Avoid women

jeffisjeff

As helpful as always snowbird.

Let me guess: Women have called out the pervasive sexual harassment on Wall Street and the men in charge have responded by punishing women by refusing to hire them, promote them, talk to them, be alone with them, etc.?

Those poor men. As usual, it is all about them.

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
Good Lord. I saw this on my newsfeed today and passed it right by, but I can Google a link.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ule-for-the-metoo-era-avoid-women-at-all-cost

And as usual, jeffisjeff is right on the money:

No more dinners with female colleagues. Don’t sit next to them on flights. Book hotel rooms on different floors. Avoid one-on-one meetings.

In fact, as a wealth adviser put it, just hiring a woman these days is “an unknown risk.” What if she took something he said the wrong way?

So yeah. Is there a particular point here, snowbird? Maybe it's that women should have just kept their purty little mouths shut 'cause now they've just gone and made things harder on themselves?

snowbird

Thank you for the hotlink, Prancer. BTW, you.ll notice that the article was written by two women.

Japanfan

Some men have voiced concerns to me that a false accusation is what they fear,” said Zweig, the lawyer. “These men fear what they cannot control.”

The percentage of men who have been alleged to have sexually harassed a woman (or man) is really very tiny. There are plenty of 'good' men out there.

What women want is not to be sexually harassed - not to go a witchhunt just for the fun of it.

There are as many or more men who are responding in quite different ways. One, an investment adviser who manages about 100 employees, said he briefly reconsidered having one-on-one meetings with junior women. He thought about leaving his office door open, or inviting a third person into the room.

Finally, he landed on the solution: “Just try not to be an asshole.”

That’s pretty much the bottom line, said Ron Biscardi, chief executive officer of Context Capital Partners. “It’s really not that hard.”

This.

As helpful as always snowbird.

Let me guess: Women have called out the pervasive sexual harassment on Wall Street and the men in charge have responded by punishing women by refusing to hire them, promote them, talk to them, be alone with them, etc.?

Those poor men. As usual, it is all about them.

It's the men who are doing the harassing, but the women who are getting punished - for being women. Happens time and time again. :(

Last edited:

jeffisjeff

Prancer

Chitarrista
Staff member
Thank you for the hotlink, Prancer. BTW, you.ll notice that the article was written by two women.

Yes? Women are sometimes allowed to be journalists these days, even for the WSJ. What is your point?

OTOH, that might be why they included the solution to the problem: “Just try not to be an asshole.”

And the follow-up: “It’s really not that hard.”

TheGirlCanSkate

"female colleagues, particularly youthful or attractive ones" - it's funny - the worry about being alone or hiring these types, but they aren't also suddenly hiring old and ulgy ones to replace them. It sounds more like an excuse to just not hire women. Period. I did appreciate the two rules: Don't be an ass, it's not hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information