WEAVER AND POJE: The Future is Golden

Bellanca

It's quite something how Kaitlyn and Andrew are showing so much improvement years into their careers. If you watch their free dances back to back you can really see it. They keep pushing themselves to improve and I think (based on what we've seen from Lori's Ghost exh) that seeking out Lori for FD choreography was a smart move. I think the training move from Detroit to New Jersey has been quite reinvigorating for them.

I would love to see them keep going. I feel like they still have untapped potential. Especially as there wont be a great deal of depth in Canadian ice dance after 2018. A chance at a medal in the 2022 team event would be incentive enough (if they miss out again in 2018).

Although I am sure this level of training and traveling would be exhausting and they may have other things they want to do with their lives. But I would still love to see them keep skating. If any team could Pang/Tong it, it would be Kaitlyn and Andrew!
Well said!

#Pang/Tong it.

starrynight

There's a theory (you can tell it's the off season) floating around that Kaitlyn and Andrew have dropped a hint on twitter as to their free dance by way of cryptic emojis!:COP: They made a list of emoji stories which represented their programs, however, it is thought that one of the stories doesn't reflect an existing program and may in fact be a hint as to their new free dance. (It's two crossed swords, a vase, and a heart).

Kaitlyn and Andrew's tweet: https://twitter.com/WeaverPoje/status/887009913448300546 (see emoji story number 5) or http://swizzlesandtwizzles.tumblr.com/post/163153339913

VGThuy

Wow, nailed it! How did you know?

It was the emojis. Swords, a Greek looking vase, and a heart. An Ancient Greek/Roman story dealing with romance and swordplay plus figure skating plus Morosov (yes, I now know Lori is in charge of the choreography but I didn't think Morosov was just sitting in the background keeping quiet).

nuge

I don't know if I'm really feeling this. The step sequence looks really generic and I don't know if that music works for them at all.

I think we'll wait till we see it but it doesn't look very interesting.The Ghost programme looks better:p

~tapdancer~

Knees won't let me tap dance anymore
This is one of the best programs I've ever seen. Their connection is just lovely. I'm excited for another Olympic season and I have always really liked WeaPo but of course, my ubering of D/W took priority :) I've had a chance recently to take another look at them and realize their qualities are everything I love about ice dance. I wish them all the best this season. Oh and I love Spartacus, too! There really are so many wonderful ice dance teams to enjoy and I'm even happy that V/M are back cause I loved their programs from last season. Hopefully, it's going to be an exciting season!

Debrah

Yes at least this SD looks Latin, even with the sound turned off; that is my litmus test for all SD's; the 1st time I try to watch without the sound on... If I can guess the theme and mood from the body movement over the ice, before actual familiar pattern steps begin, then it likely gets a thumb's up on the plus side from me. So far all the other's I have seen thus far have left me rather underwhelmed; I really have high expectations from all the ACI Canadian teams from what I have seen in their practice today...

~tapdancer~

Saw a practice vid of their SD, I loved it! Very Cuban and I was so impressed with the step sequence. Can't wait to see this in competition. They are just so classy. And gorgeous!

Oh, and I really, really hope they keep "Ghost" as their exhibition...that is the most romantic program I've ever seen and it is just stunning.

arakwafan2006

Saw a practice vid of their SD, I loved it! Very Cuban and I was so impressed with the step sequence. Can't wait to see this in competition. They are just so classy. And gorgeous!

Oh, and I really, really hope they keep "Ghost" as their exhibition...that is the most romantic program I've ever seen and it is just stunning.

I loved it as well. It's definitely nice for them and fun. Weaver looks to be having a blast and Andrew looks like his head is in the game as well. One thing that i wondering is who did the choreography. I too like the step sequence until the weird country western looking heel stepping at the end. Otherwise, they have a smooth ride to their blade that this music lends itself too.

Best of all, it's not overused music!!!

~tapdancer~

Watched the SD comp. Kaitlyn and Andrew were beautiful as always, I really like this Cuban SD, sure, room for improvement, Kaitlyn was a bit wobbly on the first twizzle and it knocked their unison off a bit. Loved the rest, that straightline step is great but you could tell it's not in the "muscle memory" yet cause it looked a little cautious. I know this SD will be awesome as the season goes on. So their score was 69 but they are in second. (V/M blew it out of the water, of course!). Gilles/Poirer not far behind at 68. Can't wait to see Spartacus!

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information