Where to Watch

SkateFanBerlin

It`s so mean spirited of the US to limit almost all viewing of nationals. Any other place I try, it`s easy though, sometimes with a VPN.

They act like US Nationals is some kind of premier product the value of which must be protected. Hardly.

Hedwig

Antique member
Japanese was similar. It was very hard to find a stream. I have not tried for US yet due to time restraints but they do seem to have something at the very least. Anyone on twitter who can ask there and provide a link?

SkateFanBerlin

Japanese was similar. It was very hard to find a stream. I have not tried for US yet due to time restraints but they do seem to have something at the very least. Anyone on twitter who can ask there and provide a link?
I watched Japanese easily from Germany. I saw the X link. Had to join I think. Not interested.

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
My morning skating "fix" is watching Jackie Wong & Polina Edmunds at yesterday's Sr. Women practice on the USFS YouTube channel

Agreed - I got to watch it too and the quality was a big step up from what we witnessed at Skate Canada. Skate Canada needs to invest in decent equipment or subcontract with someone else instead of Ted's video production company.

victorskid

Happily ignoring ultracrepidarians (& trolls)!
Agreed - I got to watch it too and the quality was a big step up from what we witnessed at Skate Canada. Skate Canada needs to invest in decent equipment or subcontract with someone else instead of Ted's video production company.
Now, while the Sr. Pairs are competing their SP, I'm watching the YouTube practice with Jackie :)

misskarne

Handy Emergency Backup Mode
I just don't understand why we end up having the same shitfight every year. Every year USFS gets dozens of comments on their social media asking about international viewers, and every year they get ignored. You'd think they'd realise they had a market by now.

God, even in the days of IceNotWork, you could watch US Nationals without a VPN. Except for the last groups on NBC, but there were always dozens of illicit streams.

Hedwig

Antique member
Yes, it is sad and it is a bad move IMO. For my part, I am now more invested in Japanes skaters because I saw Japanes Nationals (although that was no credit to the JSF since they did not provide a link but at least I found one)
The live link is great but not feasible for working people in Europe. Such a pity really.

maureenfarone

Just a heads up! I checked on replay for Women's SP which finished about 10 p.m. on 1/25. Peacock says the replay will be available for 1 day :mad:. Not sure if that is 1 day from the conclusion of the event; 1 day from right now; 1 day from 10 p.m. on 1/26.

USFS put out info about replays: Events can be accessed on Peacock for 72 hours following their conclusion.

I've sent an email to USFS explaining what Peacock has now posted and asked for help. Of course, probably no one will see the email until Nationals is over. If you use X or Insta could you please contact USFS???

Carolla5501

I just don't understand why we end up having the same shitfight every year. Every year USFS gets dozens of comments on their social media asking about international viewers, and every year they get ignored. You'd think they'd realise they had a market by now.

God, even in the days of IceNotWork, you could watch US Nationals without a VPN. Except for the last groups on NBC, but there were always dozens of illicit streams.
You seem to be confusing US figure skating with an organization that has a clue on how to grow a market

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information