Women's FS - 2023 World University Games

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Kurakova

Great sequence to start 3z-1r-3f, definitely elevating the technical standard. Not a lot of flow out of her solo triples. Her usual cheer and winsome interpretation :)

Sylvia

TBD

Karen-W

How long do we have to wait for GP assignments?
Medal? Yes. 🙏

Win? How dare you! :drama: 🇧🇪
I don't dislike Gubanova, but her programs and costumes this year are a total miss for me.

Sumiyoshi had a 9 point lead over Kurakova going into the FS - can she remain ahead of her? This is one messy-as-hell skate.

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Sumiyoshi

Glad she has this almost post-season assignment. Gutsy quad attempt, but fell. Speedy. Like Kurakova, not a lot of flow out of the jumps. Keeps her energy up the whole way through. Could work on her posture more and moving from her core. Pretty good overall

Sylvia

TBD
Amazing 3Lz+3T by Yelim Kim to open! (though I’m not overly fond of her Love Story music) - CORRECTION: it’s the Summer of ‘42!

Karen-W

That was not a Georgian flag! :angryfire
Oh, the flag didn't come up for me! It just said "BE" and I didn't even connect it with Loena, lol.

Okay, okay, Loena for Euros champ and Ekaterina for Euros silver! ;)

her grace

Team Guignard/Fabbri
Kim

Beautiful 3z-3t, starting to underrotate the solo triples, and then gets it back together. Movement nicely timed to the music. Positions are finished and held. Probably enough to medal.

ioana

I somehow never noticed Yelim's super high right arm on jump takeoffs until now? I'd prefer different music for her, too, but that was a masterclass on how to stay calm under pressure. And her spinning speed is just 🤘

eta: Not her fault, but middle gap in crown is not ideal. Get Dabin to help reposition that thing!

Karen-W

Tech panel went to town on Yelim, but good enough for a medal!

Karen-W

Quite a good skate from Mai. Kaori will need to be clean to win.

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
Fantastic from Mai, such a smooth skater just wonderful.

Karen-W

It's the little things, at this point, that I'm going to have to focus on liking because this program is so horrible... I really like Kaori's earrings.

4rkidz

plotting, planning and travelling
Love this program from Kaori, really grown on me over the season. Quite avant- guard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Do Not Sell My Personal Information